Morton vs. Queens Park

TheGoon

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With no Aberdeen game this weekend though I would pop round the corner and take in this game.
First half was a bit of a non event but two quick goals either side of half time meant the second was much more enjoyable. Cracking second goal from outside the box and only really looked like Queens would be the team to get a goal after that. Surprised how little Morton had going forward, seem devoid of ideas and were well marshalled by the defence. In the end don't think anyone could have complained too much if it was 3 or 4 nil.

Good luck to Queens and hopefully will get along to a few more games this season rather than my token appearance once a season.

Love how morton fans keep me saying they lost to amateurs, only in name tbh. Looks like we will be playing Morton next season.

we looked like the amateurs today. Great second goal from queens park.

Disgraceful performance from us and too many so called senior players just hid and failed to step up with any sort of leadership.

Best team won and good luck on next round to queens park.

Who were that shower of imposters we were playing today - their no. 12 in particular had a shocker, no technical ability whatsover although I heard the judges did award him 9.9 for artistic impression. It was actually embarrassing how easy that win was, and it was clear early on that the large Morton support were not pleased with what they were seeing. I've now lost count of how many games in a row it is that Gus has given Duffy a tactical lesson.

12 minutes ago, Mr.Blue said:

Confident that you're team will get promoted? 

Obviously Morton are a far better side than the team that Duffy put out today, but purely based on that showing would you be putting money on them staying up this season?

Obviously Morton are a far better side than the team that Duffy put out today, but purely based on that showing would you be putting money on them staying up this season?

Yes, dumbarton or ayr will go down. Without a shadow of a doubt

I reckon you can tell if a player is shite, having a bad day or just doesn't give a f**k and Michael Tidser was the latter for me.  One of the worst performances I've seen since, eh, OK it was Marvin Johnson last week, but he had a transfer lined up.

First half was pretty brutal to watch but our old boy Adam Cummins rose like a 16 stone salmon to head in and then Morton lost the plot.  2nd half Queens had it wrapped in about 2 minutes when Galt hit a rocket into the top corner - great goal, but poor defensively from Morton who's defence opened like the red sea.

Morton just feel apart after that and it all became a bit embarrassing as a lower league team spent most of the rest of the match Ole passing and carving Morton open at will.  

That Queens Park mascot though, absolutely terrifying.

Tidser looks like he has simply chucked playing for Duffy; that and his hilarious, disjointed change of formation today spells the end of his regime. The players look to have lost confidence in his clownshoes tactics and I've never seen a manager win that back. It's the start of the usual, terminal phase of two months or so before the sack awaits. Hopefully sooner.

It was never going to be an easy game given our manager-caused shortcomings in attacking areas, but to fail to muster even a single shot in target is utterly abysmal. Queens Park fully deserved to win but there's understandably going to be much greater focus on our inquest at the moment.

Archived