Panthers @ Broncos: Opening Night

lichtie23

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

YEE HAA had to record it and get up early to watch it. great to be able to fast forward the adverts

Siemian played well. few iffy moments but for a first start that was great. Janovick running for his TD was fun.

A sad cam newton makes me very happy :thumsup2

I just done the same, not even condensed coverage went for the full game.

Panthers clock management was strangely poor.

Denver's time out psyching out Gano? 50 yards in Denver is very achievable. 

Sieman looked alright as well, decent release and movement in the pocket. Cam really didn't enjoy his couple of sacks.

I love football season.

No mention of the constant cheap shots by the Broncos D on Cam Newton? I thought that was some utterly dreadful officiating last night; at least 4 absolutely blatant hits to the head that went un-flagged.

It was like the days of the dirty Mike Shanahan teams, but worse.

it's a mans game. 1 of them was a bit iffy(Stewarts) but the rest were part of the game and looked accidental

the real scandal was the Panthers and the independent doctors etc. doing nothing to help him because the game was on the line.

It's alright to launch yourself at someone's head then because it's a man's game? Have a word. Those sort of hits are why there are rules in place. Rules that were totally ignored last night as the Broncos repeatedly broke them.

Stewart's wasn't iffy, it was totally blatant. And Marshall's was even worse - he left his feet and launched himself at Newton's head. If Peyton Manning was still playing, or Tom Brady was the QB on the receiving end last night, there would have been multiple flags, probable fines, possible suspensions, but because it was Newton, nothing was called. I don't even like Cam much because he's a bit of a c**t, but yesterday's officiating was abysmal.

I enjoyed the Bronco D.  It's the way it should be.  Anyway two of them were on Cam Newton going low with his head.  Absolute bullshit QBs, RBs and WRs can do that and not be allowed to have their head removed from their body by the D.  

The game is already stacked against the D on every play (3rd and 22 - hands to the face, 5 yard penalty and a first down), runners (be it QB, RB or WR) able to go low and head first, the bull shit defenseless player and the inability for referees to see Offensive Pass Interference.

I miss the good old days when thing like  a safety taking the head of a punter in the pro bowl and not have people whinging about it :(  

5 hours ago, Antiochas III said:

I enjoyed the Bronco D.  It's the way it should be.  Anyway two of them were on Cam Newton going low with his head.  Absolute bullshit QBs, RBs and WRs can do that and not be allowed to have their head removed from their body by the D.  

The game is already stacked against the D on every play (3rd and 22 - hands to the face, 5 yard penalty and a first down), runners (be it QB, RB or WR) able to go low and head first, the bull shit defenseless player and the inability for referees to see Offensive Pass Interference.

I miss the good old days when thing like  a safety taking the head of a punter in the pro bowl and not have people whinging about it :(  

"The way it should be" - what, players retiring with brain damage a few years down the line? "Bullshit" that players can go to ground and try to not have their head taken off?

Jeezo, man.

Players don't lower their head "to go to ground". They do it to get lower and sometimes use it as a battering ram themselves.  

Redskins lost Jarrett to injury because McFadden decided it's acceptable to go helmet to helmet when rushing the ball.  Jarrett will probably never play at NFL level again because of it.  Where was your fake outcry then?  

Well, it is acceptable for an RB to go helmet to helmet when rushing the ball; there isn't a rule about that. Whilst I personally think it's something which more could be done about, and whilst it's undoubtedly an unfortunate incident with Kyshoen Jarrett, players lowering their head when rushing isn't something which regularly results in any kind of significant injury, which is why the NFL rules committee haven't chosen to make that type of action illegal. Unlike the headhunting the Broncos players were doing on Thursday night. Hence my ('fake') outcry.

Archived