HiberniSONS v HIBERNIsons

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hibs fan got ticket for game. Planning to get train to Dumbarton East. Usually go to Stags Head pub opposite the railway station. Will it be ok to get in there or will it be full of Rangers or Celtic Fans watching the Old Firm game and Hibs fans wont be welcomed? Probably get there about 1ish so game will be around second half. If its a no goer can Dumbarton fans recommend any other pubs that getting  into when Old Firm game is on wont be a problem. I’m not that bothered to watch the TV game.

Hibs fan got ticket for game. Planning to get train to Dumbarton East. Usually go to Stags Head pub opposite the railway station. Will it be ok to get in there or will it be full of Rangers or Celtic Fans watching the Old Firm game and Hibs fans wont be welcomed? Probably get there about 1ish so game will be around second half. If its a no goer can Dumbarton fans recommend any other pubs that getting  into when Old Firm game is on wont be a problem. I’m not that bothered to watch the TV game.

Personally I'd avoid it. I normally drink in there before a match but I wont be going anywhere near it on Saturday.

The majority of the pubs in Dumbarton will be heaving with utter pellets out watching the old firm. Your best bet is probably heading to the Captain James Lang in the town centre (5 min walk from Dton Central, about 10 mins from the stadium). It's a Weatherspoons type place with no Sky Sports etc no nae chance of folk watching the match.

I don't envisage any trouble kicking off in the Stags but you'll most likely be surrounded by old firm mutants. If you're happy mingling then by all means go for it. I believe the police have warned the Bowling Club against hosting away fans due to the old firm taking place so I can't see the Stags letting folk in wearing colours. Certainly wouldn't describe it as a no goer but it depends what your after.

Personally I'd avoid it. I normally drink in there before a match but I wont be going anywhere near it on Saturday.

The majority of the pubs in Dumbarton will be heaving with utter pellets out watching the old firm. Your best bet is probably heading to the Captain James Lang in the town centre (5 min walk from Dton Central, about 10 mins from the stadium). It's a Weatherspoons type place with no Sky Sports etc no nae chance of folk watching the match.

I don't envisage any trouble kicking off in the Stags but you'll most likely be surrounded by old firm mutants. If you're happy mingling then by all means go for it. I believe the police have warned the Bowling Club against hosting away fans due to the old firm taking place so I can't see the Stags letting folk in wearing colours. Certainly wouldn't describe it as a no goer but it depends what your after.

Cheers for the heads up. Will make sure I'm tooled up Incase any **** try to attack us while we watch our bhoys pre match.

[emoji38]

Not sure if I'm missing what's funny about that but a guy from the boolin' club posted this on the Hibs thread not long ago...

Dumbarton V Hibernian

Could you guys spread the word to supporters that have used the Rock Bowling Club in the past for refreshments before the game.

On the 10th Sept from the advice of Police Scotland we will be enforcing a members only policy because of the timing of the Old Firm game. Sorry for any inconvenience and hopefully see yous back down for the next game. 

30 minutes ago, Fat Joe da Gangsta said:

What is it with this bowling club that allows it to keep getting mentioned by Dumbarton fans?:lol:

We're all on commission mate. I suppose it's a similar deal to you using the :lol: emoji for things that aren't actually funny at all. Ken.

6 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

We're all on commission mate. I suppose it's a similar deal to you using the :lol: emoji for things that aren't actually funny at all. Ken.

It sounds completely different tbh. Going to have to take a trip through sometime, might just forget about the game and spend all afternoon in this bowling club.:lol:

2 minutes ago, Fat Joe da Gangsta said:

It sounds completely different tbh. Going to have to take a trip through sometime, might just forget about the game and spend all afternoon in this bowling club.:lol:

Sorry, I just assumed you were being paid for it rather than you having a terrible sense of humour. That sounds like a great plan mate, we'd all be proud of you.

Archived