Irn Bru Cup Round 4

LoonsYouthTeam

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Clayhole Blue said:

So does this mean the Scottish clubs aren't regionalised? (TBF this would make sense) I was going on Pot information from Bala Town's website - which is still there.

Yes that's what it means. Did Bala not just list the winners from each North / South section separately based in how they were drawn in the last round? It does specifically refer to all the Scottish sides as being in Pot 3 (though they may have edited that since you read it I guess).

EDITED to add: I'm not averse to a trip to Wales or one or the Welsh sides or Linfield at home. I don't especially want the hassle of a trip to Ireland but it wouldn't be the worst draw. Rather avoid divisional opponents if possible, especially Hibs as we've already had them in the League Cup too and a 6th meeting wouldn't be ideal. We've had Queen's Park already too though I wouldn't be averse to a wee trip to Hampden this time. Happy enough with Stranraer, Forfar or Alloa, though they seem to be flying at the moment.

2 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Yes that's what it means. Did Bala not just list the winners from each North / South section separately based in how they were drawn in the last round? It does specifically refer to all the Scottish sides as being in Pot 3 (though they may have edited that since you read it I guess).

They might have done that SD and I swallowed it as gospel. Was casting around for information on the set-up as could find nothing closer to home!

Hope it isn't regionalised - would be a bit daft given that two clubs will be travelling to NI/Wales (or even England) anyway.

Just now, Clayhole Blue said:

They might have done that SD and I swallowed it as gospel. Was casting around for information on the set-up as could find nothing closer to home!

Hope it isn't regionalised - would be a bit daft given that two clubs will be travelling to NI/Wales (or even England) anyway.

It isn't regionalised. That is an official draw sheet Itzdrk has posted.

EDITED to add: I'm not averse to a trip to Wales or one or the Welsh sides or Linfield at home. I don't especially want the hassle of a trip to Ireland but it wouldn't be the worst draw. Rather avoid divisional opponents if possible, especially Hibs as we've already had them in the League Cup too and a 6th meeting wouldn't be ideal. We've had Queen's Park already too though I wouldn't be averse to a wee trip to Hampden this time. Happy enough with Stranraer, Forfar or Alloa, though they seem to be flying at the moment.

Dundee United away. Stick on.

Just now, Mr X said:

Quite happy with that. I would have preferred a trip to Oswestry as I have friends from near there but a home tie against a team we've never played is almost as good

Will be a good crowd hopefully and might be on tv. Just hope we don't have an orange walk through the town before hand. 

Happy with that. I'm happy my team will be doing their part by kicking out one of these imposters. The fact that it's Irish The Rangers makes it better. Kicking the Irish and the Scottish The Rangers out of two separate competitions will be pleasing.

Archived