Irn Bru Cup Round 4

LoonsYouthTeam

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, shootingboots said:

Nothing like a sense of adventure.

Rather be pumped out by a team you play 4 times a year already?

Not everyone can justify paying that amount of money for 1 game of football. 

The ferry option is a possibility for me though.

16 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Ah, apologies, I wasn't aware you meant both teams. I just assumed you knew who Broony supported :lol:

I maintain my shock at you not knowing who the opponent was though. Given that the OF weren't in it I knew it had to be the team most associated with either of them. I'm am shocked with SD as well so that can't be used as your defence. But I made an earlier balls up so I'd say that's 1-1 :lol:

Well apologies for not keeping up with who everyone else hates! It could easily have been Hibs (Lennon) or Falkirk (given the car crash the last match thread became) for a start.

Broony posted that we had "the cretins at home" and for a minute or so I hadn't a clue who it was. Then I saw the post above from a Queens Park fan referring to Linfield as cretins and thought it was probably them he meant. However, it was a couple of minutes before it actually came up up on the Twitter feed that it was Linfield and confirmed it just before someone posted the whole draw on here.

20 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Ah, apologies, I wasn't aware you meant both teams. I just assumed you knew who Broony supported :lol:

I maintain my shock at you not knowing who the opponent was though. Given that the OF weren't in it I knew it had to be the team most associated with either of them. I'm am shocked with SD as well so that can't be used as your defence. But I made an earlier balls up so I'd say that's 1-1 :lol:

This is as tight as the games between the clubs

Well apologies for not keeping up with who everyone else hates! It could easily have been Hibs (Lennon) or Falkirk (given the car crash the last match thread became) for a start.

Broony posted that we had "the cretins at home" and for a minute or so I hadn't a clue who it was. Then I saw the post above from a Queens Park fan referring to Linfield as cretins and thought it was probably them he meant. However, it was a couple of minutes before it actually came up up on the Twitter feed that it was Linfield and confirmed it just before someone posted the whole draw on here.

They're an 'Irish' The Rangers. I reckon of all the teams left, Linfield are the ones whose (certain) 'followers' can be referred to as cretins. I don't think many QoS fans will have such distaste for any teams within the game other than the OF. As I said, the OF aren't in the competition so my logic was that it was Linfield Broony was referring to, for the reasons I mentioned above,

7 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

They're an 'Irish' The Rangers. I reckon of all the teams left, Linfield are the ones whose (certain) 'followers' can be referred to as cretins. I don't think many QoS fans will have such distaste for any teams within the game other than the OF. As I said, the OF aren't in the competition so my logic was that it was Linfield Broony was referring to, for the reasons I mentioned above,

Yes, I (now) get your "logic". However, your assumption that it applies to everyone else seems a bit of a reach. I don't have a distaste for any of the clubs particularly, had no instant assumption that Linfield were "cretins" and I've no idea who Broony hates.

Livi fans: with Citylink you can get a return bus and ferry from Edinburgh or Glasgow to Belfast ferry terminal for £46. The first one would only get you in for 13:45 and I don't think there's one that'll get you back the same day after the game but could be a cheap option with a night in Belfast.

I did it all the way to Dublin for £60 return for the Scotland game. The way there was great fun, especially in the bar on the ferry. The way back, not so much.

ETA: I remember seeing the Crusaders ground on the bus between the terminal and the city centre so it's probably within walking distance of the ferry.

Yes, I (now) get your "logic". However, your assumption that it applies to everyone else seems a bit of a reach. I don't have a distaste for any of the clubs particularly, had no instant assumption that Linfield were "cretins" and I've no idea who Broony hates.

I'll leave it at that as it'll become boring. I just assumed Broony meant Linfield because of the OF connection.

9 minutes ago, lubo_blaha said:

Livi fans: with Citylink you can get a return bus and ferry from Edinburgh or Glasgow to Belfast ferry terminal for £46. The first one would only get you in for 13:45 and I don't think there's one that'll get you back the same day after the game but could be a cheap option with a night in Belfast.

Find a place to stay around the "Golden Mile" and Belfast is fine. Will be interested to see how Crusaders and Linfield do in this competition. Watched them play at New Year and was impressed by the standard. Think they definitely have the talent to compete with what Scotland has to offer at the second tier but being part-time won't do them any favours towards the end of games.

4 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

I'll leave it at that as it'll become boring. I just assumed Broony meant Linfield because of the OF connection.

I only used the word cretins as the post immediately above me used that word to describe the local bears who will attend. I'm sure a lot of the Linfield fans are knuckle dragging bigots so I think it suited. To answer Skylines question I hate both halves of the old firm but have taken more of a dislike to rangers over the last four years like I suppose a few more have too.

1 hour ago, lubo_blaha said:

I did it all the way to Dublin for £60 return for the Scotland game. The way there was great fun, especially in the bar on the ferry. The way back, not so much.

ETA: I remember seeing the Crusaders ground on the bus between the terminal and the city centre so it's probably within walking distance of the ferry.

Thanks for that 

I found a ferry leaving at 11:30 and arriving 13:45, and one returning same day at 7:30 arriving 9:50.

Walk on passenger so leaving the car parked at Ferry port in Stranraer for £25 which I thought was pretty good so will see how many of us fancy it and get that booked up, but again obviously that all depends on what date the game is on, would be handy knowing ASAP. 

I understand your going for a wee trip and plan to take the football in on the side, which is great. I go over to see Falkirk in southern Ireland when they play pre-season and take the bike, I do a wee tour of NI and Ireland. I quite enjoy it, the football gets in the way almost. But if your a wasps or livi fan you must be sitting there fucked off.

I find myself in the position where none of my mates go anymore unless its a big game. I drive to 99% of them on my own, I suspect there will be a few fans from the clubs that are in the same position that wont see change from £300 for a Ramsdens cup match.

Great if you are a regular on a bus and can get a few to go, but with these clubs and todays travelling support numbers you'd be lucky if one supporters bus runs. I'm not having a go at alloa or livi, I sympathise with them. Its a shit, shit idea in a shit cup. I'm not proposing this, but at least if it was the Scottish cup you'd be up for it. No one actually cares about the alba cup.

What a load of whinging tripe.

Archived