Dee v Killie

Hateley looks like he could be part of that missing link. Pity he was totally blowing by the start of the second half.

Gadzhalov and Julen at CH next week of O'Dea's injury is serious.

El Bahk comes far too deep but we are not creating near enough. Should have won that game.

Ref lost control of the game after Gomis was sent off. I thought it was a 50-50 from my angle but must have been pretty bad as there was little complaint.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Piss poor attendance from ourselves by the way. Less than 5000 home fans? f**k yer excuses that's poor.

Certainly not the best, all the extras who turned out to watch United going down have disappeared again. To be fair it's not great to watch, and that's on a pitch that looks like a carpet. What it'll be like in December is not a pleasant prospect.

Disappointing after a good start. Nobody taking responsibility. Dreadful passing. Once again a wonder goal from our opponents.
Poor Gomis got so pissed off with the fannying about in front of him that he went up field and looked as if there was a bad tackle on the sub.
Up to then he'd strolled through. Kilmarnock didn't create much and we are going to have a season of shitty draws.

53 minutes ago, ravabelli said:

Poor home result again from a set of fixtures to start the season we couldn't have picked better! We've really got to improve on this or we could end up in serious trouble. A creative midfielder is a desperate must for me 

Think in McGowan and Hateley (looks a good signing - just needs match fitness) we have two defensive midfielders that will work well going forward too. Ross, who wasn't too bad today (shouldn't have let in the cross for their goal but that's typical) should be dropped. Not sure why Loy was brought on for Wighton when Teijsse was exactly the kind of player whom he'd like to play off. Julen was excellent when he came on and thought Kerr is getting better as expected every week. Not too despondent but agree we need to get results soon    

Hateley looks like he could be part of that missing link. Pity he was totally blowing by the start of the second half.

Gadzhalov and Julen at CH next week of O'Dea's injury is serious.

El Bahk comes far too deep but we are not creating near enough. Should have won that game.

Ref lost control of the game after Gomis was sent off. I thought it was a 50-50 from my angle but must have been pretty bad as there was little complaint.

I disagree. I think El Bak has GOT to play deeper. He is the only flair player who can create something and he needs to play in a position where he is on the ball. Even if you do play him up front he cannot be paired with Wighton - they are just too light weight. Wighton is not ready to start at this level. You have to be a bit sorry for Yordi who, despite coming from amateur football has the physicality to compete, not to mention a bit of skill too. Hateley clearly needs to get a lot fitter.
Killie were lucky to get out of Dundee with a point but they tried hard.
That's 3 shite home performances on the bounce - it hardly encourages fans through the door.

I disagree. I think El Bak has GOT to play deeper. He is the only flair player who can create something and he needs to play in a position where he is on the ball. Even if you do play him up front he cannot be paired with Wighton - they are just too light weight. Wighton is not ready to start at this level. You have to be a bit sorry for Yordi who, despite coming from amateur football has the physicality to compete, not to mention a bit of skill too. Hateley clearly needs to get a lot fitter.
Killie were lucky to get out of Dundee with a point but they tried hard.
That's 3 shite home performances on the bounce - it hardly encourages fans through the door.

Wighton's not a striker and El Bak is a striker. He can't be coming deep. We need him to be deadly in the box not trying to take men on 40 yards from goal.

Wighton's not a striker and El Bak is a striker. He can't be coming deep. We need him to be deadly in the box not trying to take men on 40 yards from goal.

I think you're both right. He's coming back because he's getting shite service and is ending up providing that service for folk who will make a two yard pass rather than shoot.

10 minutes ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

In a nutshell. Its overpriced, and times are tough. Thank you.

Indeed.

We're charging the highest prices in the league for season tickets and nobody can be criticised for not paying it.

Not to mention we always seem to draw at home.

Improvement required - a win against the no voting shitebags of Aberdeen next Sunday will be a start.

Thank you very much.

El Bak is our best player IMO.  He has pace, he can beat a man, and looks like he'll create something when he's on the ball.  I'm all for him coming deep tbh.

Not the benchwarmer that fans were claiming he would be then?

Faiss would come deep allot in the seaside leagues, it usually worked quite well because he had the pace and skills to drive from deep. Obviously that might not be an option at your level. He's also played the majority of his football in a bog standard 4-4-2 with two box to box midfielders, he never really played with a number ten, it'll take him time to figure it out, he should though and Hartley seems a good fit, he clicked Stewart up a few gears.

11 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

Not the benchwarmer that fans were claiming he would be then?

Faiss would come deep allot in the seaside leagues, it usually worked quite well because he had the pace and skills to drive from deep. Obviously that might not be an option at your level. He's also played the majority of his football in a bog standard 4-4-2 with two box to box midfielders, he never really played with a number ten, it'll take him time to figure it out, he should though and Hartley seems a good fit, he clicked Stewart up a few gears.

He'd be getting splinters in his arse had we still had Hemmings and Stewart to be honest.

Looks very raw, extremely frustrating, clear he has exceptional ability but is a bit greedy with the ball at times. Would prefer to go it alone rather than play the killer pass.

Archived