Slovakia v Scotland

callum-ayr

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
No back track from me sir, its what I think. I respect your opinion but dont really think you needed to put it over in such an aggressive way.

Explain how an adult can't change physically. Perhaps I've defied biology in the past few years.

5 hours ago, conley said:

physically and athletically we were second best.

That is something that can't be developed at an adult level, so we are stuck with this problem.

That is just nonsense.  Technical ability on the actual ball I might accept isn't something you make huge strides with after a certain age, but why the hell would you not be able to improve your athleticism?  Are you seriously trying to insinuate Scots are naturally (and irreversibly) less athletic than Slovaks?  That's evidently absurd.  As is the idea any individual can't become more 'athletic' with training.  Just look at what our top sportsman, Andy Murray, has done in terms of becoming a supreme athlete.  He was once a scrawny lanky peelie-wally laddie but now there can hardly be more than a few hundred fitter guys in sport.  He did that through working on his physique as an adult, which is something even Barry Bannan could do. 

If you mean we lacked height or whatever I'm sure we could find some 6ft plus lads somewhere in Scotland if that's all that matters.

For me the only player in our team who could match our opposition for physicality and athleticism was Callum Patterson.

The same Callum Patterson widely derided as one of our worst players?  Aye ok then.:1eye :lol:

For what it's worth we didn't lose to Slovakia and we won't lose to Slovenia or anyone else because they're fitter or bigger than us.  They're actually better at football technically, tactically and have an idea of what they want to do on the park.  We could lock our current squad in the gym for the next six months and they'd still be worse than the Slovaks because lacking athleticism or physicality just isn't the problem.

What a needlessly aggressive response to a very tame post. Mustn't be dealing with all the Strachan bashing very well.

Apart from the fact I've been 'bashing' him too aye?

This will be the next Celtic thing won't it? 1888GSLichtie

Call it as I see it. I wouldn't take back anything I've said regarding Strachan either, some of the criticism he received at times was ludicrous. However, since post Malta, it's all been justified. I don't know what's gotten into him but he's went into self destruct which in turns annoyed fans and it's affecting the players performing on the pitch.

Times up.

On 12/10/2016 at 00:17, The_Kincardine said:

Time and place, Solly.  Go to the cup final thread and pay your dues then you're welcome back on here.

Well...I can hardly say I've ever been welcome here......short of some Celtic sites....the biggest Rangers hate site on the planet.

That said, what do you wish me to do in the Cup Final thread?

What exactly are you clamouring for?

Just now, Solitaire said:

Well...I can hardly say I've ever been welcome here......short of some Celtic sites....the biggest Rangers hate site on the planet.

That said, what do you wish me to do in the Cup Final thread?

What exactly are you clamouring for?

No clamour.  If you made a bet and lost then honour your obligation - it's the right thing to do.

2 minutes ago, Jimmy85 said:

That's because you're absolutely not welcome here you pathetic coward. 

Oh shut up you thick b*****d. Seriously.

Kincardine has a brain....I'll talk to him.

Archived