Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

38 minutes ago, a1974h said:

3 of the most prominent left wing figures of this country in the last quarter of a century.

Tony benn

John Pilger 

George Galloway 

all wanted to leave Europe. They all wanted to depart from the euro elite its neo-liberal capatiism. 

and to imply they are racist is farcical.  They have far more knowledge on the situation than anybody on here. 

So anbody who voted for brexit is a racist? Dear dear 

The nazis on here are against Brexit only because it suits there nationalist agenda. 

Certainly not, however all racists voted brexit.

I abstained. I was never going to vote to leave but I couldn't bring myself to row in behind the same level of project fear that dominated the scottish referendum. Having decided to offer the referendum to keep his arse in Downing Street, Cameron and his cronies then spent months telling us a Leave vote would be a disaster for this country. Anyone who genuinely thought that and had the power to prevent it before all this nonsense started should have their balls removed and hung as ornaments in Brussels. 

1 hour ago, Poo said:

Or his attempt at increasing the chances of their being a leave vote? Because he was a leaver the whole time.

Wouldn't argue against that, Boris & Gove showed it's all just a big game to the troughing Tory toffs.

1 hour ago, a1974h said:

3 of the most prominent left wing figures of this country in the last quarter of a century.

Tony benn

John Pilger 

George Galloway 

all wanted to leave Europe. They all wanted to depart from the euro elite its neo-liberal capatiism. 

and to imply they are racist is farcical.  They have far more knowledge on the situation than anybody on here. 

The nazis on here are against Brexit only because it suits there nationalist agenda. 

^^^ definite SNP voter, who ISN'T using all of the usual BritNat traits.

Tony benn

John Pilger 

George Galloway 

This moron has all the feeble minded hallmarks of a McSpreader alias.

50 minutes ago, a1974h said:

"You lost the vote and you canny take it, na na na na na, na na na na na na" 

Is it just me or do all these nazis have a chip on their shoulder?

Given you've embraced one of the fundamental ideological tenets of the Reich, you tell us.

On 19/11/2016 at 15:25, jupe1407 said:

This moron has all the feeble minded hallmarks of a McSpreader alias.

When you find yourself enlisting George Galloway's support to make you sound more credible you need to ask yourself some questions

Edited by topcat(The most tip top)

Just now, zidane's child said:

Theresa May is still hopeful of triggering Article 50 in March 2017 - I don't know what to believe now...

At the moment she only has slightly more control of our destiny than the sleeping tram driver had over his tram IMO.

Theresa May is still hopeful of triggering Article 50 in March 2017 - I don't know what to believe now...

She may well be still hopeful of proceeding to the timescales they have announced, but this is just going to run and run, meanwhile the country just hangs in limbo for the next few years. Stating the obvious perhaps but it's a mess that no-one had planned for on either side of the debate.

Personally I suspect a lot of leavers are not interested in talk about hard brexit or soft brexit.
They would prefer the EU to simply disintegrate - where they can then say "Look we were the first to see the writing on the wall."
They would love Marie Le Pen to win the French election but cannot say so openly because her party is seen as racist.
Similarly they would love Geert Wilders to win in the Netherlands.

20 minutes ago, RedRob72 said:

She may well be still hopeful of proceeding to the timescales they have announced, but this is just going to run and run, meanwhile the country just hangs in limbo for the next few years. Stating the obvious perhaps but it's a mess that no-one had planned for on either side of the debate.

So in theory, Brexit could be on the back burner until:

A) the legislative side of things are sorted out with England, Scotland and Wales

and

B) our current government actually manages to have a f****g clue how they're going to negotiate.

On 17.11.2016 at 11:47, Bishop Briggs said:

It's survey of 1000 executives with broad estimates, not hard facts.

This is the key part - "Robert Gordon, CEO of Hitachi Capital, has called on British companies to seize the opportunities Brexit could afford them rather than exercising undue caution."

Hardly an indictment of Brexit!

CEO of the UK arm of a high profile financial services company encouraging people to spend money that they will arrange for them and make a great deal of money from themselves. His views can be discounted. He will back both sides depending on who asks him.

A) the legislative side of things are sorted out with England, Scotland and Wales
and
B) our current government actually manages to have a f****g clue how they're going to negotiate.

The answer is yes to both, I'll go with at least another five years to sort this out, certainly longer if the Tories are replaced in 2020. Can't see Labour winning but can you imagine the confusion and indecision caused by another coalition government taking up the reins for example!?

6 minutes ago, zidane's child said:

and

I actually think B will slow the process up more than A, I just don't understand how a government can allow a referendum without having some sort of clue what they're going to do immediately never mind 5 months later, they'll certainly have no right to request a timeframe or berate any timeframe put for independence if we ever decide to have indyref2.

10 minutes ago, RedRob72 said:

The answer is yes to both, I'll go with at least another five years to sort this out, certainly longer if the Tories are replaced in 2020. Can't see Labour winning but can you imagine the confusion and indecision caused by another coalition government taking up the reins for example!?

2018 or later or not at all for triggering is only 2/1, 11/8 for us to stick to May's timetable for triggering.

The bookies and/or punters are basically saying that our PM is less likely to stick to her assertions on the most important issue we've faced for a long time, it's a joke.

Edited by ayrmad