Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

He said: “Whenever the government promise there will be no return to the borders of the past, they don’t make it clear there will be no borders. The borders of the past conjures up the idea of British soldiers, checkpoints, queues of cars a mile long.”

“We don’t want borders of any description – you can now drive from central Belfast to central Dublin in an hour and a half. You won’t be stopped anywhere. You won’t see a red light and you won’t be stopped by a police officer unless you are speeding.”

So, he's saying that the government have promised there will be no "British soldiers, checkpoints, queues of cars a mile long" but they haven't made it clear that there will be no borders, right?  Explain how that's "a lever by opportunist nationalists to create apprehension".

Just read the first paragraph you have quoted again. His intentions are clear.

Is that exactly what I said Pep? Not that I have friends & family who would consider themselves as part of the PUL community? I grew up with it, I would never deny that.
Again I have no interest in religion whatsoever.

Was it not you that was tragically boasting about a friends wedding band, as it was basically a sash bash.

No, you read it without bigotry.  I could parse the fucking thing until I'm blue in the face but you'd still claim he was threatening to bomb Buckingham Palace.

Bollocks, I give you the quote you asked for and you still contest it.
His comments are carefully but clearly designed to create apprehension over a hard border and a return to the past.
Then you fire out the old bigotry line, just for good measure well done you.

Just now, RedRob72 said:

Bollocks, I give you the quote you asked for and you still contest it.
His comments are carefully but clearly designed to create apprehension over a hard border and a return to the past.
Then you fire out the old bigotry line, just for good measure well done you.

He clearly says the government has promised no return to the borders of the past.

He clearly says the government has promised no return to the borders of the past.

Our understanding of English comprehension clearly differs. Doesn't he say 'they don't make it clear', what don't you understand by that uncertainty & doubt.

He said: “Whenever the government promise there will be no return to the borders of the past, they don’t make it clear there will be no borders. The borders of the past conjures up the idea of British soldiers, checkpoints, queues of cars a mile long.”

Just now, RedRob72 said:

Our understanding of English comprehension clearly differs. Doesn't he say 'they don't make it clear', what don't you understand by that uncertainty & doubt.

Jesus Christ. "they don't make it clear there will be no borders" Note there is no "of the past" there. He means the government have not made it clear that there will be no borders i.e. customs checks, etc. He's not suggesting that the government might bring in the paras.

Jesus Christ. "they don't make it clear there will be no borders" Note there is no "of the past" there. He means the government have not made it clear that there will be no borders i.e. customs checks, etc. He's not suggesting that the government might bring in the paras.

Going round in circles now, McGuinness knew exactly what he was saying, designed for effect.

2 minutes ago, RedRob72 said:

Going round in circles now, McGuinness knew exactly what he was saying, designed for effect.

He's saying the government have promised no return to the bad old days but we don't want any change at all,  Unless you're a bigoted clown who's so screwed up he can't read straight, I suppose.

On ‎01‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 18:17, Fullerene said:

I don't know what all the fuss is about.
Apparently we can have our cake and eat it.
Sounds good to me.

By the same token, if we can also turn water into wine and straw into gold then we can simply tell the EU to get lost.
Sounds straightforward to me.

We've already told the EU to get lost......sounds good to me , ha ha !

Flute band at wedding??????

Why not? Have you not heard a fine rendition of 'Here Comes The Bride' to a huge thunderous Lambeg skin Bass, 25 flutes and 10 Drummers!?

The mother of the Bride was in tears!
(Especially when the Bugles and Cymbals started up) [emoji6]

3 hours ago, mizfit said:

Not convinced there's seethe at work here. More a case of exposing the hypocrisy of those bringing  the court case.

I think the court case will fail as Brexit is a foreign policy issue.