Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

You must have been outraged yesterday when John McDonnell called on the SNP to end austerity, despite them not having the power to do so, partly because labour fought to prevent them getting that power, and despite no similar such calls about Wales where labour is in power and hasn't done nearly as much to mitigate austerity as the SNP has on Scotland.

Bet you were raging about that eh.

It’s good to see you back after a weekend of camping in Cat Boyd, Patrick Harvie or whomever’s mentions. I think the SNP could do more to mitigate austerity. I didn’t realise that was controversial but then we are talking to you.

1 minute ago, NotThePars said:

It’s good to see you back after a weekend of camping in Cat Boyd, Patrick Harvie or whomever’s mentions. I think the SNP could do more to mitigate austerity. I didn’t realise that was controversial but then we are talking to you.

That's just it champ he didn't say do more he said end.  Can they do that champ or are labour lying?  Take your time

That's just it champ he didn't say do more he said end.  Can they do that champ or are labour lying?  Take your time

“The SNP could have adopted Scottish Labour’s plans to halt austerity in Scotland, but they chose instead to pass a budget that doesn’t deliver a pay rise for the local government workforce and will leave lifeline local services under pressure.”

“Scottish Labour offered a budget for real change for Scotland that would have delivered a near £1 billion stimulus for the Scottish economy, secured an additional £100 million for the NHS in Scotland and a fully funded pay rise for all public sector workers.”

“The SNP should stop playing politics with people’s lives and listen to Richard Leonard’s plans to truly end austerity in Scotland.

“The truth is that only Labour at Holyrood and Westminster can provide the investment that the NHS, councils, higher education and all other public services in Scotland desperately need.”

That’s what the guy’s said and reads to me that the SNP could halt austerity but a Labour government in both parliaments would end austerity. I’m not surprised you would continue wilfully misunderstanding people’s criticisms of your party even after invergowrie arab called you out for it a week ago.

And no, I don’t know why John McDonnell isn’t calling out a Labour administration in the midst of a rally. Baffling to me.

40 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

“The SNP could have adopted Scottish Labour’s plans to halt austerity in Scotland, but they chose instead to pass a budget that doesn’t deliver a pay rise for the local government workforce and will leave lifeline local services under pressure.”

“Scottish Labour offered a budget for real change for Scotland that would have delivered a near £1 billion stimulus for the Scottish economy, secured an additional £100 million for the NHS in Scotland and a fully funded pay rise for all public sector workers.”

“The SNP should stop playing politics with people’s lives and listen to Richard Leonard’s plans to truly end austerity in Scotland.

“The truth is that only Labour at Holyrood and Westminster can provide the investment that the NHS, councils, higher education and all other public services in Scotland desperately need.”

That’s what the guy’s said and reads to me that the SNP could halt austerity but a Labour government in both parliaments would end austerity. I’m not surprised you would continue wilfully misunderstanding people’s criticisms of your party even after invergowrie arab called you out for it a week ago.

And no, I don’t know why John McDonnell isn’t calling out a Labour administration in the midst of a rally. Baffling to me.

Oh here's me thinking the SNP are the only government in the UK to end the 1% pay cap (remind me did labour do that in Wales?) Are labour wilfully misrepresenting there by implying they haven't? 

And presumably McDonnell has made similar statements about the labour government in Wales when they weren't in the midst of a rally then?  Since you state that was the reason he didn't, presumably you can give me a quote from him when he did do that?

And does labours proposed budget 'end austerity' can you give us the figures proving that or are labour lying?

And remind me one time cause I forget were labour for or against Scotland getting all the macro economic levers that would allow the Scottish government to end austerity?  I can't remember did labour support or oppose that?

1 hour ago, NotThePars said:

Your defence of that nonsense is pretty poor tbh.  Mind you when I was in the Labour Party I knew folk who were just as biased; I’m sure that can be applied to SNP members though I have generally found them to be more objective.

Edited by Granny Danger

3 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Your defence of that nonsense is pretty poor tbh.  Mind you when I was in the Labour Perty I knew folk who were just as biased; I’m sure that can be applied to SNP members though I have generally found them to be more objective.

What's my defence beyond Peppino is making shite up yet again and that I don't find it that shocking that a high-ranking member of a political party isn't tearing into his own party over another? Peppino's essential argument over the past week has been that MPs selectively attacking other administrations while defending or ignoring their own failings is comparable to the free and independent press deliberately running smear campaigns against candidates that threaten their own interests. That Peppino chooses to fight that argument by insisting that I shill for a party in the same way that he does above all else is good fun though. I find a large proportion of the current Labour Party to be abysmal or actively worth opposing but I still think Momentum, SLYS and its cohorts to be the best prospect for advancing left wing politics in the UK atm. 

I'll agree broadly that I find most SNP members, from my time in the party and out, to be quite objective and willing to self-criticise except the roaster element that's the most vocal element online is incapable of objectivity. 

8 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Your defence of that nonsense is pretty poor tbh.  Mind you when I was in the Labour Party I knew folk who were just as biased; I’m sure that can be applied to SNP members though I have generally found them to be more objective.

Labour are by far the most tribal, and have a staggering sense of entitlement. They really think it's OK for them to lie cause they're the good guys.  

Just now, NotThePars said:

What's my defence beyond Peppino is making shite up yet again and that I don't find it that shocking that a high-ranking member of a political party isn't tearing into his own party over another? Peppino's essential argument over the past week has been that MPs selectively attacking other administrations while defending or ignoring their own failings is comparable to the free and independent press deliberately running smear campaigns against candidates that threaten their own interests. That Peppino chooses to fight that argument by insisting that I shill for a party in the same way that he does above all else is good fun though. I find a large proportion of the current Labour Party to be abysmal or actively worth opposing but I still think Momentum, SLYS and its cohorts to be the best prospect for advancing left wing politics in the UK atm. 

I'll agree broadly that I find most SNP members, from my time in the party and out, to be quite objective and willing to self-criticise except the roaster element that's the most vocal element online is incapable of objectivity. 

No my argument is labour lie about and smear the SNP whilst complaining about people doing that to them.

You are yet to provide even a shred of evidence of me or the SNP doing the same.

2 minutes ago, Peppino Impastato said:

Oh look it's the guy who favours killing politicians for their beliefs if he doesn't agree with them, how very Northern Irish.  I bet that would make jack very proud of his grandad.

Feel free to quote a post of mine where I have advocated killing anybody, never mind politicians, with whom I don't agree.

8 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

I’m responding to your post, not what Peppino may or may not accuse you of.  That statement by McDougall is arrant nonsense.

6 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

Feel free to quote a post of mine where I have advocated killing anybody, never mind politicians, with whom I don't agree.

Mafia thread general nonsense a week ago.  You said it would be no bad thing if Nicola sturgeon was killed.  Utterly shameful and disgusting.

I detest Ruth Davidson with every fibre of my being and hate all she stands for, but I want to beat her at the ballot box not see her killed.  Unlike you I would see murdering a politician for their views as abhorrent and an attack on democracy.