Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

Just now, Loondave1 said:

Swap SNP for Labour in that statement and it reads equally well.

It's a belter of a statement from the guy that deifies a party whose ideology is managerial liberal independence. At least commit to something inspiring FFS. :lol:

9 minutes ago, Peppino Impastato said:

No my argument is labour lie about and smear the SNP whilst complaining about people doing that to them.

You are yet to provide even a shred of evidence of me or the SNP doing the same.

What you've been spending the past couple of hours arguing about is demonstrably not a smear though is it? 

Just now, NotThePars said:

It's a belter of a statement from the guy that deifies a party whose ideology is managerial liberal independence. At least commit to something inspiring FFS. :lol:

What you've been spending the past couple of hours arguing about is demonstrably not a smear though is it? 

It's both a lie and a smear.  Which labour are guilty of almost daily.  

7 minutes ago, Peppino Impastato said:

Mafia thread general nonsense a week ago.  You said it would be no bad thing if Nicola sturgeon was killed.  Utterly shameful and disgusting.

I detest Ruth Davidson with every fibre of my being and hate all she stands for, but I want to beat her at the ballot box not see her killed.  Unlike you I would see murdering a politician for their views as abhorrent and an attack on democracy.

No I didn't, but glad to see your sense of humour by-pass has been a success...

2 minutes ago, Cerberus said:

The SNP have left-wing populism tied up. As long as they can point the finger at Westminster they will have free reign among the majority of SNP voters.

Meanwhile they froze Council Tax for years.

5 minutes ago, Cerberus said:

The SNP have left-wing populism tied up. As long as they can point the finger at Westminster they will have free reign among the majority of SNP voters.

They've got the rhetoric down a tee. I don't think it's a coincidence that significant movements on taxation didn't come up until a credible left alternative sprung up and threatened them.

They've got the rhetoric down a tee. I don't think it's a coincidence that significant movements on taxation didn't come up until a credible left alternative sprung up and threatened them.

Corbyn despite denials is a real threat to the SNPs chances of a succesful INDY2. The Nats really love a Tory party in power and in "nasty" mode. Anything else at WM would be seen as less favourable. Tory landside in the 2017 GE would have been music to their ears. Under the surface they don't give two figs for the "ordinary" people only a good climate for generating ideal conditions for their only real policy. If Corbyn does manage to get the keys for No10 this pretendy left wing party will not exactly be rejoicing i suspect.

8 minutes ago, Loondave1 said:

Corbyn despite denials is a real threat to the SNPs chances of a succesful INDY2. The Nats really love a Tory party in power and in "nasty" mode. Anything else at WM would be seen as less favourable. Tory landside in the 2017 GE would have been music to their ears. Under the surface they don't give two figs for the "ordinary" people only a good climate for generating ideal conditions for their only real policy. If Corbyn does manage to get the keys for No10 this pretendy left wing party will not exactly be rejoicing i suspect.

Nah I think that broadly the people in the SNP are good people and do have a belief in a more socially just Scotland. The people that are the most vocal online unfortunately I'm less sure about. 

The presumption that nats "really love a Tory party in power" is a lie, peddled my most unionists to perpetuate the "them and us" angle. Absolute nonsense, i would rather have any form of Labour Government in Westminster,than a Tory one.

The referendum was a farce to begin with, and it isn't going to get any better with the bunch of fannies that are negotiating our withdrawal. Those negotiating, the p***ks in power will come out wealthy whatever happens. It is saps that are working class that will suffer.

Faced with the shittest tory campaign in decades Corbyn still lost and lost badly just not as badly as many people thought he would

That’s not to say that he can’t improve and obviously the tories can get worse

But I’d maintain that there’s at least as much chance of Corbyn delivering the balance of power to the SNP as taking the keys to Number 10 outright

It’s not a solution that would appeal to the more excitable trots and nat’s but that’s not necessarily a bad thing

Faced with the shittest tory campaign in decades Corbyn still lost and lost badly just not as badly as many people thought he would

That’s not to say that he can’t improve and obviously the tories can get worse

But I’d maintain that there’s at least as much chance of Corbyn delivering the balance of power to the SNP as taking the keys to Number 10 outright

It’s not a solution that would appeal to the more excitable trots and nat’s but that’s not necessarily a bad thing

Both a Labour government at Westminster and independence are as likely as each other. I’d be interested to hear why people would dispute this.

Both a Labour government at Westminster and independence are as likely as each other. I’d be interested to hear why people would dispute this.

Because the natural variance in people’s estimates of unknowable probability probably aren’t tightly correlated.

That’s my theory anyway

Corbyn getting into No10 [emoji38]

He's shite. He couldn't displace the most vicious Tory party in decades, or get perhaps the most inept PM in living memory out of No10, hilariously due in part to the Northern Branch Office promoting tactical anti-SNP voting which of course handed the Scottish Tories a few vital seats [emoji38]

Since the GE the Tories and the Maybot have stumbled from one utter PR disaster to another and yet STILL the public have greater trust in May.

Corbyn in No10 [emoji38] (sorry, but it's still funny)

Corbyn getting into No10 [emoji38]

He's shite. He couldn't displace the most vicious Tory party in decades, or get perhaps the most inept PM in living memory out of No10, hilariously due in part to the Northern Branch Office promoting tactical anti-SNP voting which of course handed the Scottish Tories a few vital seats [emoji38]

Since the GE the Tories and the Maybot have stumbled from one utter PR disaster to another and yet STILL the public have greater trust in May.

Corbyn in No10 [emoji38] (sorry, but it's still funny)

There is a real fear of Corbyn reaching PM spreading through the Tories and sections of the media. If you opened your eyes you would realise he is probably closer to his goal than the SNP are to succeeding with a YES vote. If the Govt falls he may surprise a few people. The Czech spy guff was a pointer that he is being taken seriously. Of course the "used to be the only show in town" party will carry on with their delusions of success.

The presumption that nats "really love a Tory party in power" is a lie, peddled my most unionists to perpetuate the "them and us" angle. Absolute nonsense, i would rather have any form of Labour Government in Westminster,than a Tory one.

Well that may be your opinion but i know many who drew a fair bit of enjoyment from Milibands failure thinking it was a Golden Ticket to Indy. Does make me laugh a bit thinking Pep would agree with you, doubt it.

2 minutes ago, Loondave1 said:

There is a real fear of Corbyn reaching PM spreading through the Tories and sections of the media. If you opened your eyes you would realise he is probably closer to his goal than the SNP are to succeeding with a YES vote. If the Govt falls he may surprise a few people. The Czech spy guff was a pointer that he is being taken seriously. Of course the "used to be the only show in town" party will carry on with their delusions of success.

You're slipping Dave. You seem to have slid from troll to bitter-labour-fanboy mode here. 

Arseholes like the Daily Heil or the Express making up ludicrous stories about Corbyn is hardly new tbh. They were denouncing him for all sorts of made up shite well before the GE, in fact almost from him first being elected Labour leader. Corbyn's only (very faint) hope is for May's government to implode, even then he's going to have to go cap in hand to the other parties for support, which will be quite good fun. 

(BTW, success isn't a delusion when you've won pretty much every available election since 2007)