Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

When @IanBlackfordMP asked the speaker what options are available ( referring to Scotland devolution and the lack of debate) , Ian Liddell-Grainger shouts 'suicide’

What an absolute disgrace.

Zero point in splitting the UK Labour Party for an amendment which wasn't going to pass.
It's a shame the Welsh Labour took their stance but either way it's irrelevant.

One major problem with Westminster is that anything like this is going to play as bad optics and damage a party which can’t come out and spell out why they abstain or vote against an amendment that on the surface looks insane not to support. That might be the intention (which is always the case when the PLP throw wrecking amendments about) but it just highlights how archaic and inaccessible parliamentary practice is in modern day Britain. That’s why I’ll always support independence over the relative merits of individual parties at a UK or Scottish level.

When @IanBlackfordMP asked the speaker what options are available ( referring to Scotland devolution and the lack of debate) , Ian Liddell-Grainger shouts 'suicide’

What an absolute disgrace.

TCK will be along soon to tell you it never happened.

Sent from my ZTE A2017G using Pie and Bovril mobile app

1 hour ago, Suspect Device said:

2 champs in one post. Well done.

If I wasn't a content simpleton I'd have taken offence to these 2 posts.

You don't need to have intelligence to worry about things you cannot influence. You need the intelligence to work out how to deal with the aftermath. 

I'll see what happens and get on with my life. Simply.

I reckon Brexit could have been OK if it was done right.
The Tories' inability to properly negotiate it along with their in-fighting has turned it into a disgrace.

I don't think it'll be as catastrophic as some predict.
Probably people will be worse off in the short term. Long term who knows.

What a f*ckin mess, I don’t know what the other ‘Unionist’ P&B posters feel (meagre in numbers that we are) but the argument for an Independent Scotland, and to be rid of this absolute shambles becomes increasingly harder to resist by the day?
I just can’t buy anymore some of the absolute horse shit that I hear on my travels from pro-Brexit supporters, that still refuse to acknowledge where this is taking us.

Perhaps some of the more in the know posters could confirm, but surely if we even just had a second ref, it’d make it really impossible for the tories to bargain away Scottish resources as the possibility of a ‘yes’ vote would mean the EU wouldnt entertain it? Even if we shat it embarrassed ourselves on a global stage we might do enough to protect some of our resources?

19 minutes ago, RedRob72 said:

What a f*ckin mess, I don’t know what the other ‘Unionist’ P&B posters feel (meagre in numbers that we are) but the argument for an Independent Scotland, and to be rid of this absolute shambles becomes increasingly harder to resist by the day?
I just can’t buy anymore some of the absolute horse shit that I hear on my travels from pro-Brexit supporters, that still refuse to acknowledge where this is taking us.

They have done the dirty on their constituents and their country, willing to sell out to an  ideology that will hit people hard. Ah Blue Passport.

The government has defeated the final group of Lords amendments, by 321 votes to 40 - a majority of 281. The SNP voted against, but Labour abstained.

In a point of order Ian Blackford, the SNP’s leader at Westminster, says Labour has let down the people of Scotland.

The Labour MP for Edinburgh South, Ian Murray, uses Twitter to justify Labour’s stance.

The government has defeated the final group of Lords amendments, by 321 votes to 40 - a majority of 281. The SNP voted against, but Labour abstained.

In a point of order Ian Blackford, the SNP’s leader at Westminster, says Labour has let down the people of Scotland.

The Labour MP for Edinburgh South, Ian Murray, uses Twitter to justify Labour’s stance.

Murray complained he wasnt allowed to speak in the debate and then abstained ....what a c**t

Sent from my SM-G955F using Pie and Bovril mobile app