Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

1 hour ago, git-intae-thum said:

Really...:lol: 

take a look at your "I am not a fan of British nationalism" post.

Then have a look at your previous dozen or so posts on this thread......and have a wee think.

No, perhaps you're right, without any evidence or explanation you probably do understand my views more than myself, why didn't I think about it sooner. The standard of debate in here is mind numbing, the only ones you're doing a disservice to is yourselves. 

I'd respond in detail if you hadn't tried to misrepresent every single point I made. Posters like yourself are the reason most with a differing opinion probably give up after a few attempts. 

Sorry mate, but that’s bollocks. I’ve pulled you up on a few things there and I’m only looking for a valid response. I haven’t tried to misrepresent you at all. I’m trying to understand your way of thinking by asking questions of what you’ve said. Only until I understand where you’re coming from can I start to try and convince you to support independence.

35 minutes ago, jamamafegan said:

Sorry mate, but that’s bollocks. I’ve pulled you up on a few things there and I’m only looking for a valid response. I haven’t tried to misrepresent you at all. I’m trying to understand your way of thinking by asking questions of what you’ve said. Only until I understand where you’re coming from can I start to try and convince you to support independence.

It's only bollocks if you have a poor reading comprehension. I'll give you the first example that set the tone.

This is the first point you decided was worthy of discussion

ME:  Well firstly, i'm English so I don't come from a purely "what's best for Scotland" perspective.

YOU: Yet you mock the SNP and their supporters for wanting exactly that - the best for their country. Wee bit daft.

Within the first three words you've misrepresented me and you've said that I mock the SNP and their supporters, I don't do anything of the sort, I dislike the SNP, saying I mock them in this environment is an easy way to get people on your side though whether it has any basis in truth or not. You've created this image where I'm allegedly mocking people for wanting what's best for their country... you've grasped that from me pointing out i'm English in response to someone saying surely i'd want what's best for Scotland. 

To any of the slow ones at the back I don't have anything against SNP supporters that want what's best for their country, my late father was one of those people and we always enjoyed positive discussion on the subject, I want what's best for Scotland, I don't have any derision for those who also want the same. It's so disingenuous and that's after I've put in a sincere post, I've made the effort and straight off the bat I've had people jumping in desperate for me to be some Brexiteer ultra right BNP sort, so sorry mate saying you ae only looking for a valid response is bollocks unless you've been raised that provocation is the best way to get a response, in which case you've managed it but won't get any more. There's a difference between trying to understand where someone comes from and changing their words to suit your already set opinion, you've played this like an insincere journalist trying to score a headline. 

1 hour ago, Stormzy said:

No, perhaps you're right, without any evidence or explanation you probably do understand my views more than myself, why didn't I think about it sooner. The standard of debate in here is mind numbing, the only ones you're doing a disservice to is yourselves. 

1)I was pointing out you are a UK nationalist, but like many, lack the introspection to realise it. Your claim to dislike nationalism is therefore ludicrous

2)You come on to the politics thread and make comments such as:

" I don't come from a purely "what's best for Scotland" perspective. "

And don't expect to be challenged. :lol:

When you have been u then start moaning about the standard of debate.  knuckle biting stuff.

3 hours ago, Stormzy said:

You seem a lovely guy.  As I've said I typed that up quickly at work, my work computer's default is on American English so I hadn't noticed, that doesn't mean I "can't fucking spell". There's no point in even attempting to converse with such an elite speller like yourself, I bow down to your superior knowledge. I'm sure your debating strategy will do you well in the future. 

Thankfully debating has very little, if anything to do with my day to day job. 

As it is I suspect you know in yourself that it was utterly outrageous suggestion so you've shat it, wise. 

It's only bollocks if you have a poor reading comprehension. I'll give you the first example that set the tone.

ME:  Well firstly, i'm English so I don't come from a purely "what's best for Scotland" perspective.

YOU: Yet you mock the SNP and their supporters for wanting exactly that - the best for their country. Wee bit daft.

Within the first three words you've misrepresented me and you've said that I mock the SNP and their supporters, I don't do anything of the sort, I dislike the SNP, saying I mock them in this environment is an easy way to get people on your side though whether it has any basis in truth or not. You've created this image where I'm allegedly mocking people for wanting what's best for their country... you've grasped that from me pointing out i'm English in response to someone saying surely i'd want what's best for Scotland. 

I noticed you liked “philyerboots” Ian Blackford SNP cry baby post. That was enough for me to decide that you were mocking him and his party.

But I will give you the benefit of the doubt and apologise for misrepresenting you if that’s how you feel.

To any of the slow ones at the back I don't have anything against SNP supporters that want what's best for their country, my late father was one of those people and we always enjoyed positive discussion on the subject, I want what's best for Scotland, I don't have any derision for those who also want the same. It's so disingenuous and that's after I've put in a sincere post, I've made the effort and straight off the bat I've had people jumping in desperate for me to be some Brexiteer ultra right BNP sort, so sorry mate saying you ae only looking for a valid response is bollocks unless you've been raised that provocation is the best way to get a response, in which case you've managed it but won't get any more. There's a difference between trying to understand where someone comes from and changing their words to suit your already set opinion, you've played this like an insincere journalist trying to score a headline. 

Zzzzzzzzz

I noticed you liked “philyerboots” Ian Blackford SNP cry baby post. That was enough for me to decide that you were mocking him and his party.

But I will give you the benefit of the doubt and apologise for misrepresenting you if that’s how you feel.

Tbf I like half of phil’s posts because yer da types doing memes are fucking hilarious.

Can I ask do you dislike the way the SNP has governed Scotland for the last 8 years (or whatever it's been)?

Or is there another reason why you dislike therm?

I'm more of a green kind of guy but I've been generally impressed with the SNP as administrators. The traditional big 2 have tried to be all over any errors and they've been dealing with no more than crumbs for a long time.

Can I ask do you dislike the way the SNP has governed Scotland for the last 8 years (or whatever it's been)?

Or is there another reason why you dislike therm?

I'm more of a green kind of guy but I've been generally impressed with the SNP as administrators. The traditional big 2 have tried to be all over any errors and they've been dealing with no more than crumbs for a long time.

They’re well worth criticism over their timidity the last few years and their ideology which I’m critical of but to launch attacks on their competency when you glance at literally any other party on the British Isles is laughable.

Guest Bob Mahelp

https://www.scotsman.com/news/tory-mp-calls-snp-petty-w-rs-in-suicide-heckle-row-1-4754941

Looks like it's full on hatred of the SNP from now on. 

The Tories, backed up by a rabid right-wing press, will attack the SNP with every insult and lie going. 

Interesting times ahead. I can see things in Scotland coming to a head within the next 12 months....it'll either be us or them. 

https://www.scotsman.com/news/tory-mp-calls-snp-petty-w-rs-in-suicide-heckle-row-1-4754941
The Tories, backed up by a rabid right-wing press, will attack the SNP with every insult and lie going. 
Interesting times ahead. I can see things in Scotland coming to a head within the next 12 months....it'll either be us or them. 

Just to confirm, what lies are you referring to? What has this Scottish MP said that is so bad?

22 minutes ago, Bob Mahelp said:

The  comments on there are amazing. More gammon than a cargo ship from Denmark.