Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

That's not true though. Many people see Scotland as a country but feel we are in a beneficial union.  

Well they may see it that way, but I see it another, i’m perfectly happy for them to have their own views I simply disagree. Scotland used to be an independent country, its now a region within another country and i’d like that to change. I just dont see how you can be a country without statehood, if you dont govern yourself and cant control your interaction with other countries, its discussed in the Montevideo convention and I take my view from that.

1 hour ago, pandarilla said:

I've been a yes supporter for a long time but can we stop trying to demonise no voters 'unscottish'.

It's seriously not fucking cool.

Whether you like wearing the kilt or not is personal preference and nothing more (I'd also like it noted that every national dress is a historic costume from some dusty old period or another).

Calling them unScottish is uncool. It has undertones of elitism.

I just call them pathetic, sellout, spineless, English-wannabe cowards.

2 hours ago, pandarilla said:

That's not true though. Many people see Scotland as a country but feel we are in a beneficial union.

They must get confused by the UK and its politicians constantly referring to itself as “the country” and “this country”. 

3 hours ago, pandarilla said:

I've been a yes supporter for a long time but can we stop trying to demonise no voters 'unscottish'.

It's seriously not fucking cool.

Whether you like wearing the kilt or not is personal preference and nothing more (I'd also like it noted that every national dress is a historic costume from some dusty old period or another).

Sadly, wanting Scotland to be entirely absorbed into greater England has been a part of Scottishness for hundreds of years. James VI wasn’t any less Scottish for wanting the name Scotland to be wiped out entirely.

52 minutes ago, Antlion said:

Sadly, wanting Scotland to be entirely absorbed into greater England has been a part of Scottishness for hundreds of years. James VI wasn’t any less Scottish for wanting the name Scotland to be wiped out entirely.

He was born in Dunfermline and probably supported the Pars.

What do they know about anything?

14 hours ago, dirty dingus said:

I prefer the tartan pinny  conservative and unionist paedophile look 

downloadfile.jpg

Can't remember if it was him or a girlfriend who was found hanging from a lamppost outside his bedroom window. A Ukulele player should get some lyrics from the episode anyway. 

8 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Quick scan of the last few pages to see if this thread is worth posting in. No, definitely not.

If you go back several pages you might find some interesting comments on the subject of Brexit.

Feel free to ressurect that debate.

19 hours ago, Mastermind said:

Cringe.

Beautifully put.
Sums you up perfectly.
The famous Scottish cringe-

These cultural commentators claim that a sense of cultural inferiority is felt by many Scots, particularly in relation to a perceived dominance of English or anglocentric British culture, partly due to the importance of London, within the United Kingdom, and consequently a sense of Scottish resentment and underachievement. The cringe is said to manifest as feelings of low self-worth and embarrassment felt by Scottish people in response to overt expressions of Scottish cultural identity and heritage such as the Lowland Scots and Scottish Gaelic languages, and the kilt.

I am  proud to be Scottish because Scotland is a great place. You travel outside of Scotland to see how highly it's though of.
I wish my fellow countrymen could see it rather than look to the English for their value and place in life, which is nothing.

Everyone's fine when it comes down to it apart from the occasional fuckwit. English. Welsh, Yanks, even Fifers and Scottish expats in California. I was going to finish this post with a but and a homily but I'm too pished.

Sent from a St Helier balcony