Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

He's undermined democracy and belittled Scotland. No doubt he will wear his kilt at next function ala Gavin Hastings. c***s

Ah, the reasoned view of the Nats that anyone who doesn’t agree with them or criticises the SNP are in the wrong and aren’t true Scots. I see. How dare the ‘No’ voters wear the kilt.

11 hours ago, John Lambies Doos said:

She's totally back tracked on the promise she made to rebels on Tuesday

They were stupid to trust her but within the confines of Party politics I can understand why they did.

It will be interesting to see how many allow themselves to be fooled twice.

2 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

They were stupid to trust her but within the confines of Party politics I can understand why they did.

It will be interesting to see how many allow themselves to be fooled twice.

Tough one for them. Forcing a GE at this stage may stop Brexit in its tracks in terms of timelines.  It may also see a Corbyn govt. Or a very hard right govt. 

12 minutes ago, HTG said:

Tough one for them. Forcing a GE at this stage may stop Brexit in its tracks in terms of timelines.  It may also see a Corbyn govt. Or a very hard right govt. 

Yeah, there is greater zealotry amongst the hard line Tory Brexiteers than there is amongst the Remainers.  I think that’s why the hardliners are able to dictate policy.

They would be more likely to force a GE despite the possibility of a Corbyn government whereas the Remainers are more circumspect.

10 hours ago, John Lambies Doos said:

He's undermined democracy and belittled Scotland. No doubt he will wear his kilt at next function ala Gavin Hastings. c***s

1 hour ago, Mastermind said:

Ah, the reasoned view of the Nats that anyone who doesn’t agree with them or criticises the SNP are in the wrong and aren’t true Scots. I see. How dare the ‘No’ voters wear the kilt.

For once I'm in agreement with Mastermind. Bizarre to criticise a Unionist for wearing the kilt given its connections to the British establishment and military.

For once I'm in agreement with Mastermind. Bizarre to criticise a Unionist for wearing the kilt given its connections to the British establishment and military.

I think its more a point about them trying to prove how ‘Scottish’ they are all the time when in reality the likes of Hastings etc are doing everything they can to stay under the control of their tory friends. If it was meant as a metaphor then its fairly acceptable for me. Its a bit like when the likes of Mccoist, Hansen, Smith and Mcneil feel the need to put out a statement saying how proud they are to be Scottish but at the same time ain’t proud enough to think Scotland should be its own country.

36 minutes ago, Lurkst said:

I prefer the tartan pinny  conservative and unionist paedophile look 

downloadfile.jpg

1 hour ago, Mastermind said:

You're free to wear a kilt but please can we stop generalising all independence supporters as "Nats" who are full blown SNP members who hate everyone that doesn't agree with them. Independence is far wider issue than the SNP, the sooner all Scots/Brits accept that the better the debate will be (that and I'm fucking sick of people pigeon holing me in with Hamish Husband shortbread tin wankers).

47 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

You're free to wear a kilt but please can we stop generalising all independence supporters as "Nats" who are full blown SNP members who hate everyone that doesn't agree with them. Independence is far wider issue than the SNP, the sooner all Scots/Brits accept that the better the debate will be (that and I'm fucking sick of people pigeon holing me in with Hamish Husband shortbread tin wankers).

You're forgetting that he's an arsehole. 

12 hours ago, git-intae-thum said:

What an odious cretin he was.

We have come a long way though. Its no that long ago these Fairbairn types had free reign over Scotland.

My folks visited Westminster once many moons ago and, upon hearing they were Scots, Fairbairn offered to give them a tour of the houses. Was so pished he couldn't walk straight apparently. Most of the information he gave was a used whisky scented ramble.

Edited by Lurkst

54 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

I have to agree. I am no fan of the kilty outfit, at least in its modern sense.

I have no problem with the traditional plaid and its association with the highlands.

However the modern version with frilly shirts and wee shiny buttoned jackets just looks like a clown outfit. Our "national" dress as worn today is entirely a cringeworthy Georgian/Victorian creation.  Leave it to the "proud Scot but" types.

Apparently Somerset Capital Management (co-owned by Jacob Rees-Mogg) has opened a subsidiary in Dublin from where they plan to trade post-Brexit if no suitable agreement is reached. They're no fools!

I think its more a point about them trying to prove how ‘Scottish’ they are all the time when in reality the likes of Hastings etc are doing everything they can to stay under the control of their tory friends. If it was meant as a metaphor then its fairly acceptable for me. Its a bit like when the likes of Mccoist, Hansen, Smith and Mcneil feel the need to put out a statement saying how proud they are to be Scottish but at the same time ain’t proud enough to think Scotland should be its own country.
I've been a yes supporter for a long time but can we stop trying to demonise no voters 'unscottish'.

It's seriously not fucking cool.

Whether you like wearing the kilt or not is personal preference and nothing more (I'd also like it noted that every national dress is a historic costume from some dusty old period or another).

23 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

I've been a yes supporter for a long time but can we stop trying to demonise no voters 'unscottish'.

It's seriously not fucking cool.

Whether you like wearing the kilt or not is personal preference and nothing more (I'd also like it noted that every national dress is a historic costume from some dusty old period or another).

Yeah, I prefer the term c***s to unscottish.  

I dont think they are un scottish in the way you suggest, they support Scotland as a region which is their right, but patriotism is by definition vigorous support for ones country, the fact they don’t want Scotland to be a country then in my view means they can’t possibly be described as patriotic Scots. I feel they deserve criticism for the positions they take as neither could actually provide a decent argument against independence other than ‘too wee too poor too stupid’.

But I also don’t believe Scotland, England, Wales and Northern Ireland should be allowed to compete separately in football competitions as it should be reserved for independent countries and not constituent parts of others.

Also I dont particularly like kilts.