Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

Useless Theresa May really struggling to keep control over her own party over Brexit which is pathetic.  I see Jacob Rees-Mogg threatening that May will face a revolt if she does not deliver a hard Brexit.  A strong competent party leader would not only be able to prevent such threats and dissent from their own ranks, but also refuse to be bullied by the EU.  May is not and has ultimately lost all control of the road the UK is going down.

Edited by CaspianChris

Useless Theresa May really struggling to keep control over her own party over Brexit which is pathetic.  I see Jacob Rees-Mogg threatening that May will face a revolt if she does not deliver a hard Brexit.  A strong competent party leader would not only be able to prevent such threats and dissent from their own ranks, but also refuse to be bullied by the EU.  May is not and has ultimately lost all control of the road the UK is going down.
And still doff capping serviles in Scotland think this is better than independence

1 hour ago, CaspianChris said:

Jacob Rees-Mogg, the very man who wants a hard Brexit but moved the registered address of his own investment company to Dublin just the other week. The very same man who was caning Corbyn over supposed Russian links, has business links with Russians and encourages them to invest in the UK.

An utter utter Tory c**t if ever there was one.

13 minutes ago, zidane's child said:

Jacob Rees-Mogg, the very man who wants a hard Brexit but moved the registered address of his own investment company to Dublin just the other week. The very same man who was caning Corbyn over supposed Russian links, has business links with Russians and encourages them to invest in the UK.

Dublin, you say.  I am surprised he didn't move it to Vaduz in Liechtenstein.  After all - it is not in the EU and is an example of the mighty country we could be outside the EU.

19 minutes ago, zidane's child said:

Yes he is, but the folk who support him are those I really despise.  This will definitely including working class Tory voters who are genuinely deluded enough to think his interests are the same as their interests.

30 minutes ago, zidane's child said:

Any time I have seem him in the news I have always got the clear impression that he was a very unlikeable character but that is same about their party as a whole.  The points you make about him also show him up to be the lying two faced hypocrite he is.

8 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Yes he is, but the folk who support him are those I really despise.  This will definitely including working class Tory voters who are genuinely deluded enough to think his interests are the same as their interests.

I think he is very similar to Boris in the way that they are portrayed by the MSM. (Funny voice, Dresses funny, Has a nanny etc)

If you look beyond that, there is a reason he's not been put on the front bench. His views don't resonate with the average voter, maybe just those in the North Somerset area...

10 minutes ago, zidane's child said:

I think he is very similar to Boris in the way that they are portrayed by the MSM. (Funny voice, Dresses funny, Has a nanny etc)

If you look beyond that, there is a reason he's not been put on the front bench. His views don't resonate with the average voter, maybe just those in the North Somerset area...

I know it is not the same topic but on the subject of Boris I see he took the cowards way out of voting against the government on the subject of the Heathrow expansion.  Taking a trip out of the country to avoid doing so, I am sure his constituents must be proud of his actions.  I always thought he was a buffoon and still do, however I now wonder if there is a sinister motive behind his actions in order to undermine May in order to make a grab for power and 10 Downing Street if May is forced out.

Edited by CaspianChris

The scary thing with the Conservative Party right now is that the parliamentary party is at odds with what the grassroots seem to want. The likes of Rees-Mogg are a minority in the parliamentary party and I don't think they'll have the ability to collapse the government but if any new leadership process does start, he or others could look to how Corbyn rose in the Labour Party with popular views and see a path to solidifying control of the party by riding a little Englander movement into power.

Blair and Cameron did manage to sweep a lot of shite in their party under the carpet with a consensus forming that they were making the right decisions to become a party of power again. It seems that they pushed the grassroots that little bit too far and the reaction has been to just give credence to every batshit crazy idea they come up with.

The sad thing is, we like to blame the politicians but they are doing what the people want. Stuff like capital punishment, rollback of devolution and even extreme censorship of the media (to promote family values) will genuinely be main discussion points soon enough.

They don't have a grassroots. They have some young oddballs, a few careerists and a load of coffin dodgers. 

America has a genuine conservative culture. We have a load of bores who are only relevant because the Barclay Brothers are happy to lose millions on the Spectator every single year.

8 minutes ago, Detournement said:

They don't have a grassroots. They have some young oddballs, a few careerists and a load of coffin dodgers. 

America has a genuine conservative culture. We have a load of bores who are only relevant because the Barclay Brothers are happy to lose millions on the Spectator every single year.

They have a membership. That membership generally polls in favour of very socially conservative issues. The more dedicated and hardcore elements are also more likely to be at the extremity of that.

4 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

Bloody Smurfs

Coming over here ...

You can say that but Papa Smurf would do a better job of negotiating a Brexit deal than anyone in the U.K. cabinet.