Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

Ardent Remainers need to win over other Remainers who accept the result and Leavers and they can’t even do the former atm. The FBPE lot are the biggest shambles of a totally shambolic state of politics.

4 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

New Survation poll suggesting less than 50% want a new referendum but if one was held Remain would win 53-47.

I struggle to understand the logic of people responding in such polls.

Johnson is a c**t.  Just wanted to get that out of the way first.

He is looking across the Atlantic and hoping he can adopt the same dismissive, brash, ‘look at me’ style politics that Trump epitomises and get away with it.

Also he’s a c**t.

There are still folk who want him or Mogg to be PM.  That’s a depressing fact. They are c***s?

Jeremy Hunt critical of the Airbus statement calling it “inappropriate”.

Yet when companies were saying they would withdraw from an Independent Scotland the Tories were onTV parroting every statement.

Double standards, eh.

2 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

Jeremy Hunt critical of the Airbus statement calling it “inappropriate”.

Yet when companies were saying they would withdraw from an Independent Scotland the Tories were onTV parroting every statement.

Double standards, eh.

Might have been said a few times on here but can we only refer to Jeremy Hunt as Jeremy C**t please. Many Thanks in advance.

I voted Yes in the independence referendum (and would do so again) and Remain in the Brexit referendum.

A lot of people who voted in the same way are loving the 'project fear' doom-mongering by companies and 'experts' about Brexit but were furious when the same scare tactic were used ahead of the independence vote. A bit hypocritical

6 minutes ago, Am Featha *****h Nan Clach said:

I voted Yes in the independence referendum (and would do so again) and Remain in the Brexit referendum.

A lot of people who voted in the same way are loving the 'project fear' doom-mongering by companies and 'experts' about Brexit but were furious when the same scare tactic were used ahead of the independence vote. A bit hypocritical

There’s a modicum of truth in that but how many companies expressed their concerns about Brexit BEFORE the vote therefore deliberately trying to influence how people voted?  That is what they did in Scotland and that is the real comparison.

There’s a modicum of truth in that but how many companies expressed their concerns about Brexit BEFORE the vote therefore deliberately trying to influence how people voted?  That is what they did in Scotland and that is the real comparison.

I take the point but as I remember, there were a few. Nissan being the main name I recall. Perhaps because it's because it was more the customs union rather than the EU they were worried about.

23 minutes ago, Am Featha *****h Nan Clach said:

I admit to this hypocrisy - but I confess there’s an element of enjoyment in seeing the same people who argued against Scotland’s independence suffering the same slings and arrows that they were happy to employ against the Scottish Yes campaign.

People like Mogg, Fox, Gove, et al were delighted when the media was trumpeting doom-laden prophecies about an independent Scotland. It’s good to see that they’re now getting it right back at them for their own, far more isolationist, goals.

I get similar enjoyment out of seeing Corybnites condemn the BBC and media in general for being hostile to them and him. Labour were, again, happy enough to use the media to attack Yes Scotland, and they criticised anyone who pointed it out as being “paranoid”.

The foot’s on the other hand now. Delicious.

31 minutes ago, Antlion said:

I admit to this hypocrisy - but I confess there’s an element of enjoyment in seeing the same people who argued against Scotland’s independence suffering the same slings and arrows that they were happy to employ against the Scottish Yes campaign.

People like Mogg, Fox, Gove, et al were delighted when the media was trumpeting doom-laden prophecies about an independent Scotland. It’s good to see that they’re now getting it right back at them for their own, far more isolationist, goals.

Yeah this is how I feel about this. The constant threats from business and the UK government hardened my resolve to vote Yes because I don't think we should be resigned into settling for the status quo on the basis of threats from the cuntish elite of the UK financial and governing sectors. I have some sympathy that a democratic result is being subverted by those same groups but when it's people like Rees-Mogg and Boris Johnson who are complaining about it I can't help but feel a little bit of schadenfraude.

Maybe they didn’t weigh in as heavily as they didn’t think Brexit had any chance of happening.

9 hours ago, ancientnoise said:

There are several other examples, not least that "taking back control" was a popular slogan of the Leave campaigners. 

I’m sure there was a Gove speech that could have far more accurately applied to Scottish independence, but the little gimp would have utterly rejected his own words if that were the case.

I’m sure there was a Gove speech that could have far more accurately applied to Scottish independence, but the little gimp would have utterly rejected his own words if that were the case.
What Gove??The one that lied about his foster fathers business going bust because of the eu???Or is there another one???

19 hours ago, Cerberus said:

No they’re not.  There are a lot of ‘normal’ people who want it too.

I am depressed by various street interviews I’ve seen on TV where folk are saying “let’s just get on with it”.  No thought, no consideration, no understanding; instead, let’s just get on with an action that will have massive negative consequences,

Maybe the ongoing coverage is detracting them from Big Brother or whatever the equivalent for the brain dead is these days.

4 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

No they’re not.  There are a lot of ‘normal’ people who want it too.

I am depressed by various street interviews I’ve seen on TV where folk are saying “let’s just get on with it”.  No thought, no consideration, no understanding; instead, let’s just get on with an action that will have massive negative consequences,

Maybe the ongoing coverage is detracting them from Big Brother or whatever the equivalent for the brain dead is these days.

^^^ trying to pretend he doesn't watch Love Island.

The people that appear to still want Brexit fall in to one or both of two categories as far as I'm concerned: right-wing nutjobs who expect to line their own pockets through reduced regulation, and ignorant morons. After the multitude of evidence we've seen in the last two years about what a car crash Brexit is going to be, the only assumption a reasonable person can make is that someone still supporting it is either an "I'm alright, Jack" type arsehole who knows they're not going to massively suffer, or thick as pigshit. There is no middle ground now.

The two, of course, do not have to be mutually exclusive. For example, bigoted racist scum can easily fall in to both categories, i.e. "Farage, Nige".