Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

13 hours ago, welshbairn said:

I bought a big stash for 1.39 when it it started going south. Spent it on holidays and tobacco smuggling since, but just bought £3 hundred at 1.1436 in case my January holiday spending money gets more expensive.

P.S. Might have been 1.29 when I finally got someone to sell some come to think of it..

Taking a dive at the moment - can only see further decline over the next 24 hours.

Pleased I bought my house in Spain just about 3 years ago when it was 1.40, and sold it a couple of months ago when it came down to 1.11.

1 hour ago, GTG_03 said:

If NI get a special deal even if it is against the DUP'S wishes then an indyref2 is a stick on. 

The status of NI isn't changing anything for the people who need to change from Yes to No. No one gives a f**k about NI in the scheme of things.

The SNP will have to solve the currency problem and the English border issue before Indyref2.

3 minutes ago, ICTJohnboy said:

Taking a dive at the moment - can only see further decline over the next 24 hours.

Pleased I bought my house in Spain just about 3 years ago when it was 1.40, and sold it a couple of months ago when it came down to 1.11.

How much did your house depreciate in the three years?

1 minute ago, Granny Danger said:

The ‘level playing field’ will be heavily opposed by those Tories who see our future prosperity reliant on binning workers’ rights, and environmental restrictions.

And those who oppose the "state aid" restrictions limiting government intervention in markets.

On 23/09/2018 at 09:40, Antlion said:

It’s stated often enough that the English parliament will reject a “no deal” Brexit. 

Has it actually been stated? If there's no deal, there's nothing to reject, nothing to put before parliament.

3 hours ago, Jacksgranda said:

Has the draft text been published yet for we proles to scrutinise it and make wild speculations and extrapolations? Or has it only been made available to (certain) politicos who are busy making wild speculations and extrapolations?

Apparently it's 500 pages long. That'll be interesting bedtime reading.

1 minute ago, Londonwell said:

This.

Labour abstentions could see it passed. I certainly wouldn’t put it passed them.

I’ve just had a look at the Twitter feeds of some of Labour’s ‘usual suspects’ and they seem to be clamouring for a second referendum.  This seems the polar opposite of allowing May’s proposal to skate.

Corbyn’s lack of support for this, and his general lack of leadership on the whole, is the bigger threat IMO.  If he screws this up he will risk losing a lot of the grass roots support who have put him where he is.

Even Brexiteers like Hoey will be opposed to the proposal due to the NI situation.