Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

2 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

I don't think a vote in a further referendum would have much bearing in any subsequent election for council, assembly or Westminster.

If so the Ulster Unionist Party are missing a trick.

4 minutes ago, Enigma said:

What we need is a very narrow leave vote in rUK and a heavy remain vote in Scotland to swing it and create maximum seethe.

Won't happen. It'll be fixed in favour of remain. With Scottish votes making the difference. Then they'll say "see, Scotland does have influence in the UK".

32 minutes ago, John Lambies Doos said:

Can't believe there is even talk about a second referendum. If it happens I fear there will be blood on the streets

I'm fairly desperate to see fat old wanks in Pringle jumpers swinging a putter at bemused policemen until the emphysema hits, tbh

warnock.png

Edited by JamieThomas

2 hours ago, BawWatchin said:

Aye, but the moment we leave, we're going to be trading with the rest of the world which the naughty EU was stopping us from doing.

102465109RestrictedMichaelGoveNEWS_trans

Ah but do the EU know about the rest of the world or is that our little secret?

Thomas Mair killed a sitting MP days before the last referendum. Assuming the repercussions of a reversed vote would be limited to seething in the comments sections is bizarre to say the least. Not that I think that that should preclude another potential vote but it shouldn’t be dismissed.

The Sun openly threatening repercussions in that way clearly doesn’t bode well either.

5 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

Thomas Mair killed a sitting MP days before the last referendum. Assuming the repercussions of a reversed vote would be limited to seething in the comments sections is bizarre to say the least. Not that I think that that should preclude another potential vote but it shouldn’t be dismissed.

The Sun openly threatening repercussions in that way clearly doesn’t bode well either.

Jo Cox was killed by somebody who thought patriotism and hatred of all foreigners was the same thing.
It would be a good idea is all MSM distanced themselves from that idea as much as possible.
I am not optimistic about that.

33 minutes ago, John Lambies Doos said:
1 hour ago, Granny Danger said:
^^^^ idiot found

^^^^^ voted for Brexit and calls me an idiot *sigh*. It will be square go at dawn soon

^^^^. Wants folk to change their minds about Scottish Independence, continually berates me for changing my vote on Brexit.  An idiot of the first order.

3 hours ago, Fullerene said:

As I understand it - every country that we have a trade deal with at the moment is through the EU because we are members of the EU.

If we leave the EU with no deal, then the following day, the UK will be the only country in the world that does not have a trade deal with anyone.

That means our safety standards, quality standards and other standards cannot be officially recognised by anyone, even if they believe those standards probably haven't changed since the day before.

This will make it difficult, if not impossible, to export anything that requires standards to be met.

Am I missing something?

No pretty much nailed it.

In summary, barriers to trade. 

It’s shockingly bad ‘journalism’ that so much airtime and column inches are still being given to the impact of a No Deal Brexit.  Whatever the outcome it’s definitely not going to be No Deal.

Maybe it’s just lazy journalism as the sensationalism of No Deal is easier to write about than devoting time to proper meaningful analysis.

6 minutes ago, John Lambies Doos said:

Look what's happening in France, look what happened before the last referendum. Sadly there could be possible violence if another referendum is called. Anyone who actually doubts that is a complete idiot.

France riot every couple of months, or their aircraft controllers or lorry drivers shut the place down until the authorities cave in. That was due to a few pennies going on diesel prices. What happened before the last referendum, remind me?