Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

19 hours ago, dorlomin said:

He is a defrocked priest who tackled the race leader in the middle of the Athens Olympics marathon. He is a complete freak and sort of an Irish Peter Dow. 

Wow! Firm Grasp O' Reality then?

11 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Because there was a real vote, that voted Leave.

Opinion polls mean nothing, I've not looked but I'm 99 percent positive that before the real vote opinion polls said exactly the same.

The odds on Leave winning were huge because of that, they still won though. Leave won, they won because they got a majority of the votes not a minority

Yes, I've thought about this. It's almost as though the referendum result  was 'rigged' by someone or other.  Maybe we should have a recount.

1 hour ago, cyderspaceman said:

And this:-

No shit Sherlock.  

Aye, it would be interesting to quantify how many Leave voters thought that their vote to exit the EU was about to magically halt the immigration inflow from Asia, Africa and elsewhere - I reckon if they were factored out we would be down to about 12 million.  Many of them are/were that thick.   

1 hour ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

Aye, it would be interesting to quantify how many Leave voters thought that their vote to exit the EU was about to magically halt the immigration inflow from Asia, Africa and elsewhere - I reckon if they were factored out we would be down to about 12 million.  Many of them are/were that thick.   

I've said on here before that my great aunt and uncle, who I'd previously thought of as intelligent, decent people, both voted leave because of the dangers of Islamic extremism.

6 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

I think this week will see the Tories being forced into opening up the debate to Parliament whilst Labour will try narrowing it to their own proposals.  That will not go well for Corbyn.

Trickett on Sophie Ridge made a shit job of trying to defend Corbyn’s non-attendance at yesterday’s rally.  He’s fucking hopeless.

I think of all the people who joined the Labour party when Jeremy Corbyn became leader because they were young, idealistic and optimistic and believed his vision of a better world was possible.

They went on this march because it was full of all the positivity that they wanted and the highlight of the day would be when their leader would address the march and give the most uplifting speech in history.

.. and then, oops, sorry, bit of a clash with something already happening in Morecambe.  Hadn't spotted that until it was too late.  Sorry.

Oh well, maybe he will be there next time.

1 hour ago, Fullerene said:

I think of all the people who joined the Labour party when Jeremy Corbyn became leader because they were young, idealistic and optimistic and believed his vision of a better world was possible.

They went on this march because it was full of all the positivity that they wanted and the highlight of the day would be when their leader would address the march and give the most uplifting speech in history.

.. and then, oops, sorry, bit of a clash with something already happening in Morecambe.  Hadn't spotted that until it was too late.  Sorry.

Oh well, maybe he will be there next time.

Didn't expect him to be there with 184 148 Labour constituencies voting Leave, only 84 Remain. If it had been for a Public Vote instead of Revoke I would have liked him to be there, but he probably wouldn't.

Whoops! Edited because I upset Granny with the wrong number. On the other hand, I voted remain so I don't feel too bad about it.

Edited by welshbairn

45 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Didn't expect him to be there with 184 Labour constituencies voting Leave, only 84 Remain. If it had been for a Public Vote instead of Revoke I would have liked him to be there, but he probably wouldn't.

Why don’t you f**k off you shite talking halfwit w****r.  There’s no one on this thread that talks as much absolute nonsense as you.

57 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Didn't expect him to be there with 184 Labour constituencies voting Leave, only 84 Remain. If it had been for a Public Vote instead of Revoke I would have liked him to be there, but he probably wouldn't.

I wasn't expecting him to be there either.  I was reflecting more on those who joined the Labour party because they believed him to be something he is not.

Also, regarding the number of Labour seats that voted Leave, in the referendum, I think there would have been thousands of Labour voters looking for guidance from their own party on which way to vote.

In the total absence of that guidance they ended up split both ways.

37 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Why don’t you f**k off you shite talking halfwit w****r.  There’s no one on this thread that talks as much absolute nonsense as you.

Awfully sorry, I've corrected my post. Is it the piles again?

12 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Awfully sorry, I've corrected my post. Is it the piles again?

I will try to explain but it’s probably pointless given your lack of understanding.

1 hour ago, welshbairn said:

Didn't expect him to be there with 184 148 Labour constituencies voting Leave, only 84 Remain. If it had been for a Public Vote instead of Revoke I would have liked him to be there, but he probably wouldn't.

Whoops! Edited because I upset Granny with the wrong number. On the other hand, I voted remain so I don't feel too bad about it.

1. Your post suggests that the majority of Labour voters in Leave supporting constituencies that elected a Labour MP voted Leave.  There is absolutely no evidence to support this; quite the reverse.

The Labour Party in these constituencies need to appeal to Labour voters; there’s no doubt as to what Labour voters want.

2.  Things have moved on since the last vote.  The points I make above are even more relevant now than after the vote.  To quote the amount of constituencies that are represented by Labour MPs is completely irrelevant.

3.  Corbyn’s position has nothing to do with the number of MPs representing constituencies who voted Leave last time around.

In all these respects your post was uninformed nonsense.  HTH.

Just now, Granny Danger said:

I will try to explain but it’s probably pointless given your lack of understanding.

1. Your post suggests that the majority of Labour voters in Leave supporting constituencies that elected a Labour MP voted Leave.  There is absolutely no evidence to support this; quite the reverse.

The Labour Party in these constituencies need to appeal to Labour voters; there’s no doubt as to what Labour voters want.

2.  Things have moved on since the last vote.  The points I make above are even more relevant now than after the vote.  To quote the amount of constituencies that are represented by Labour MPs is completely irrelevant.

3.  Corbyn’s position has nothing to do with the number of MPs representing constituencies who voted Leave last time around.

In all these respects your post was uninformed nonsense.  HTH.

First past the post means seats are everything. Revoking is against agreed Labour Party policy. Corbyn is a Brexiteer. HTH.

Just now, welshbairn said:

First past the post means seats are everything. Revoking is against agreed Labour Party policy. Corbyn is a Brexiteer. HTH.

Three statements, all correct.  

Doesn’t mean your earlier post was uninformed nonsense.

4 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

So post your "evidence". 

This is just rambling. 

True his entire career he has been a solid Bennite leaver going back to 1975

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/11859648/Jeremy-Corbyn-admits-he-voted-for-Britain-to-leave-Europe-in-1975.html