Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

29 minutes ago, John Lambies Doos said:
35 minutes ago, Bob Mahelp said:
One million people march, and 5 million people sign a petition, and none of it is even mentioned in the online versions of right-wing newspapers like The Telegraph or The Express.
95% of the ignorant, racist f*ckers who support Brexit will have no idea at all that this is taking place. 

The silent majority want brexit and couldn't give a f**k about petitions and marches

And spend all their days shouting very loudly on Facebook and Twitter, but can't be arsed when it means getting off their sofas.

IMG_6546.thumb.jpg.894a441466d9200d23b2b9e51ed03927.jpg

So May to step down as PM but remain as party leader? Guess it’s plausible as she bought herself a year immunity with the failed no-confidence vote.

Also not convinced that over 5% of the country will have heard of a man who could, theoretically, be the next PM within days...

So May to step down as PM but remain as party leader? Guess it’s plausible as she bought herself a year immunity with the failed no-confidence vote.

Also not convinced that over 5% of the country will have heard of a man who could, theoretically, be the next PM within days...
No chance. Gove has been positioning himself for months

54 minutes ago, Sooky said:

https://twitter.com/iainmartin1/status/1109596444439298050

3 hours ago, ICTJohnboy said:

Have to say the aerial shots of the London March were very impressive.

Will the calls for a people's vote be ignored?

Yes.

The million or whatever! dosen't trump ( sorry for using that word as a lot of Snowflakes melt when seeing it ) the Referendum vote.

And spend all their days shouting very loudly on Facebook and Twitter, but can't be arsed when it means getting off their sofas.

Why should they bother getting off their sofas they won?

I think Brexit is stupid, I think it's mental that it's come to this, but Leave won. The people stamping their feet and away marching today because they don't like it should accept the result like everyone else has to surely?

I support independence too so it can maybe be seen as hypocritical but Brexit hasn't even been implemented yet when it was voted for?

Imagine we voted for independence and all the No voters took to the streets because they were beat and it then had to go to another vote? How would people feel about that?

34 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Why should they bother getting off their sofas they won?

I think Brexit is stupid, I think it's mental that it's come to this, but Leave won. The people stamping their feet and away marching today because they don't like it should accept the result like everyone else has to surely?

I support independence too so it can maybe be seen as hypocritical but Brexit hasn't even been implemented yet when it was voted for?

Imagine we voted for independence and all the No voters took to the streets because they were beat and it then had to go to another vote? How would people feel about that?

Why should we accept the result? We know that Brexit will harm all of us and we know that for the last two years opinion polls have shown a clear and rising majority in favour of remaining in the EU. Why should we appease a minority and cause ourselves harm?

We also know that Scotland voted to remain. Why then should we accept any suggestion that we leave?

Edited by Tibbermoresaint
Additional information

Why should we accept the result? We know that Brexit will harm all of us and we know that for the last two years opinion polls have shown a clear and rising majority in favour of remaining in the EU. Why should we appease a minority and cause ourselves harm?

Because there was a real vote, that voted Leave.

Opinion polls mean nothing, I've not looked but I'm 99 percent positive that before the real vote opinion polls said exactly the same.

The odds on Leave winning were huge because of that, they still won though. Leave won, they won because they got a majority of the votes not a minority

How would you feel if this happened if we ever voted for independence?

In regards to your edited comment over Scotland voting remain, that matters not a f**k either unfortunately. Because Scotland voted NO when there was a referendum on that.

The vote was a UK wide vote not a country by country vote, we voted to remain part of the UK so we have to take it on the chin and accept it.

Personally I'm as passionate a yes voter as you'll find but we lost. I have commented on here about the Yes marches too, I'm not a fan of them either

Opinion polls mean nothing, I've not looked but I'm 99 percent positive that before the real vote opinion polls said exactly the same.

The odds on Leave winning were huge because of that, they still won though. Leave won, they won because they got a majority of the votes not a minority

I would hope there wouldn't be massive electoral fraud, criminal activity and foreign interference in an indyref. Although you can never put anything past the yoons.

4 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Do you genuinely not understand the difference between the past and present?

Do you genuinely not understand the difference between the past and present?

Well I obviously do

Opinion polls past and present had a massive majority for Remain

The real vote that actually mattered was Leave

All they people were marching today because they are unhappy with the result, sore losers who think their opinions matter more than actual democracy, they lost fair and square

If we ever voted yes and voted to leave the UK and half a million No voters took to the streets and managed to force through another vote on the strength of opinion polls and the media telling us we'd be worse off I would be absolutely furious. I would also not be bothering to get off my sofa to go and march over it because Yes would have won already

1 minute ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Well I obviously do

Opinion polls past and present had a massive majority for Remain

The real vote that actually mattered was Leave

All they people were marching today because they are unhappy with the result, sore losers who think their opinions matter more than actual democracy, they lost fair and square

If we ever voted yes and voted to leave the UK and half a million No voters took to the streets and managed to force through another vote on the strength of opinion polls and the media telling us we'd be worse off I would be absolutely furious. I would also not be bothering to get off my sofa to go and march over it because Yes would have won already

Democracy is the right to change your mind. It's clear from the opinion polls that the people of the UK have changed their mind. They have every right to campaign for what they want, and they deserve better than to be insulted by a cretin like you.

Democracy is the right to change your mind. It's clear from the opinion polls that the people of the UK have changed their mind. They have every right to campaign for what they want, and they deserve better than to be insulted by a cretin like you.

Cretin? f**k sake. 🤦🏻‍♂️

Opinion polls BEFORE the vote said Remain would win!!!! [emoji23]

Guess what? They didn't. Tough luck, respect the result, they're not campaigning, they're stamping their feet and greeting because they don't like the result. What happens if Remain wins this time is it 1-1? Will the Leave voters then have to start marching to get yet another vote?

I don't like the result either, but that's life, shit happens and other people have different opinions to myself

3 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Cretin? f**k sake.

Opinion polls BEFORE the vote said Remain would win!!!!

Guess what? They didn't. Tough luck, respect the result, they're not campaigning, they're stamping their feet and greeting because they don't like the result. What happens if Remain wins this time is it 1-1? Will the Leave voters then have to start marching to get yet another vote?

I don't like the result either, but that's life, shit happens and other people have different opinions to myself

Oh I'll respect the result when there is one. But there isn't one yet. 

9 hours ago, Bob Mahelp said:

One million people march, and 5 million people sign a petition, and none of it is even mentioned in the online versions of right-wing newspapers like The Telegraph or The Express.

95% of the ignorant, racist f*ckers who support Brexit will have no idea at all that this is taking place. 

The Telegraph has given us this...

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2019/03/23/peoples-vote-campaigners-march-london-demanding-public-given/