Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

2 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

Rebecca Long-Bailey must be as thick as pig shit.  If she thinks that any agreement on workers rights cannot be overturned by a future Tory Government then she doesn’t understand how the political system in this country works.

Aye I was thinking that myself. That would be the first thing a Gove, Johnson et al. would change if they got into power.

19 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

Rebecca Long-Bailey must be as thick as pig shit.  If she thinks that any agreement on workers rights cannot be overturned by a future Tory Government then she doesn’t understand how the political system in this country works.

Corbyn wants out and he's looking for a way of cosmetically sugar coating  the deal so it doesn't look so shite to non brexiteers.

On ‎28‎/‎04‎/‎2019 at 12:34, DeeTillEhDeh said:

It would be a lot lower if they fucking gave Farage a hard time like Sturgeon gets.

It makes my blood boil how the w****r gets away with so much unchallenged.

Yes and this is even more remarkable when you consider that he has never been in government.

"Nigel, you claim that leaving the EU is going to solve everything.  You're not in government and those people who are in government are not able to make it happen.
Conspiracy theories aside - Nigel, aren't you just talking a crock of shite!"

Is there a separate thread on here for the European elections?

Will the turnout get above 40% this time, given the new strength of feeling from the Brexit years? 

Edited by Scary Bear

7 minutes ago, MixuFixit said:

I'd guess turnout will be a lot higher among leave minded folk (who are already living an an intolerable situation for them) to remain minded folk (who are just afraid of their situation becoming intolerable in the future).

Leavers have a clear choice to vote for, Remainers not so much. I could see Farage doing horribly well.

Edited by welshbairn

Did that easter week off just collectively kill the nation's 'give a f**k' for Brexit regardless of which side of the fence you're on?

Even this thread got down to #10 on the list until this pointless bump.

Edited by tarapoa

On 29/04/2019 at 23:09, Granny Danger said:

It’s looking likely that Labour’s NEC is going to come up with an unclear, fudged compromise for the EU election manifesto.

Talk about shooting yourself in both feet.

I'd say they are keeping their priorities straightforward.    EU elections are secondary to the GE one.

And the results of that ( EU one ) can inform what they do next.

All looks OK to me, so far.

3 hours ago, tarapoa said:

Did that easter week off just collectively kill the nation's 'give a f**k' for Brexit regardless of which side of the fence you're on?

Even this thread got down to #10 on the list until this pointless bump.

It's the calm before the storm and it's coming when Corbyn and May agree a deal.

When they sign that, I'm of the opinion that things are going to get locally very interesting.

12 minutes ago, sophia said:

It's the calm before the storm and it's coming when Corbyn and May agree a deal.

When they sign that, I'm of the opinion that things are going to get locally very interesting.

Do you reckon they'll actually agree something? I still think some form of May's deal is going to pass eventually. 

13 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

Do you reckon they'll actually agree something? I still think some form of May's deal is going to pass eventually. 

They could just be making word music for the local elections, making them sound a bit more like responsible grown ups. I do think May has finally given up on the ERG lot and a united party and might be willing to get somewhere close to what Corbyn wants. All she wants it's get a deal signed and to f**k off to the Welsh hills, or more likely New England.

22 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

They could just be making word music for the local elections, making them sound a bit more like responsible grown ups. I do think May has finally given up on the ERG lot and a united party and might be willing to get somewhere close to what Corbyn wants. All she wants it's get a deal signed and to f**k off to the Welsh hills, or more likely New England.

In the unlikely event that Brexit does happen,  she'd be in New Britain.

Alernatively known as Englandshire.

3 hours ago, beefybake said:

In the unlikely event that Brexit does happen,  she'd be in New Britain.

Alernatively known as Englandshire.

This is where I think the brexit bus is taking us and it will be all aboard when, as has been said, May and Corbyn will agree on something like her deal.

You just know that the most useless leader of a political party ever (i.e the mumbleclown) is going to accept the offer with Theresa May. He really is that fucking stupid.