Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

The Tory Remainers are a soft bunch.  The ‘concession’ the have from the ERG to support a wider Tory amendment is that the ERG will not demand withholding of the £39bn ‘divorce settlement’.

Yes the same £39bn that the U.K. are legally obliged to pay!

3 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

What’s making me really angry about this is that everyone knows that it won’t be accepted by the EU. 

4 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Who cares so long as the Tory party is united.

And that is what it has ultimately come down to; internal divisions in the Tory party created this bloody mess and now self-preservation has overtaken sense.   May will rise today in the Commons and once again impersonate Brittania ; oh how they will cheer and wave their order papers behind her.  But surely she and the freak-show around her must know that the clocking is fast ticking towards midnight on this whole madness.   

It's getting serious now....................

Posted at 11:57

'I've seen them stock-piling a load of Irn-Bru'

The BBC's Newsnight programme has been hitch-hiking around the country talking about Brexit...

Social embed from twitter

4 minutes ago, ICTJohnboy said:

Have to take back my comment to Granny, a few posts ago.

Looks like Labour have decided to back the Cooper Amendment to delay Article 50.

A decision of sorts I suppose.

But it looks like they will try to amend it to reduce the time proposed.

I’m slowly developing a suicidal approach and hoping that the EU just tells the U.K. to f**k off.  Let’s see the clusterfuck play itself out, it would be no more than much of the public and most of the politicians deserve.

2 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

But it looks like they will try to amend it to reduce the time proposed.

I’m slowly developing a suicidal approach and hoping that the EU just tells the U.K. to f**k off.  Let’s see the clusterfuck play itself out, it would be no more than much of the public and most of the politicians deserve.

Totally agree.

I'm sick of hearing the bluff and bluster brigade telling anyone who might care to listen, that the UK's withdrawal from the EU will hurt them more than it will hurt us.

2 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

It looks like she's now trying to bluff the EU and has fallen on the side of the hardliners.

This should be fun............

She has always fallen on the side of the hardliners.  They are the ones that might split the party by defecting to UKIP.
The rest of the Tory party can be taken for granted and safely ignored.

1 hour ago, Granny Danger said:

What’s making me really angry about this is that everyone knows that it won’t be accepted by the EU. 

I think it is a way of letting the people in Brussels know that we don't like the backstop, in case some of them have been visiting another planet and didn't already know this.