Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

5 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

Think I’ll be in London on March 30th. Hoping for the nuclear option to happen and I can Lenin my way into No. 10. Taking cabinet applications now.

3 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

Think I’ll be in London on March 30th. Hoping for the nuclear option to happen and I can Lenin my way into No. 10. Taking cabinet applications now.

Watch it, you are becoming as repetitive as May. :P

3 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

I don’t know what you’re talking about. There was never a second post..

Yes, I'm sure it stopped about 10 years ago due to Royal Mail cuts...............

1 hour ago, ICTJohnboy said:

This debate rapidly turning into a complete rabble.

Corbyn is pathetic - useless debater.

I thought JCs reply to Gove's interruption congratulating him on launching his leadership bid was good, certainly for him.

Been a shambles of a debate with too many pointless interruptions (Alexander Armstrong for Speaker) when all that is really going to matter is the numbers on the big2 ammendments.

I thought JCs reply to Gove's interruption congratulating him on launching his leadership bid was good, certainly for him.  

Been a shambles of a debate with too many pointless interruptions (Alexander Armstrong for Speaker) when all that is really going to matter is the numbers on the big2 ammendments.

They should just have the fucking votes - it's not as if anyone is going to be influenced by the debate. 

Tory self preservation is going to hit them in the face big time when this amendment is torpedoed by the EU as not being acceptable.

I mean - what the hell is "alternative arrangements"?

How wooly is that?

11 minutes ago, btb said:

Certainly picked up when Blackford came on.

9 minutes ago, John Lambies Doos said:

Looks like Brexit will be delayed until end of year.

What makes you think that? May says leave on the 29th of May, Corbyn says a maximum three month extension of A50.

If the EU aren't willing to move on the backstop there is no deal that can be made.

Teresa May now effectively wants parliament to back the Brady amendment, to show the EU that her deal could get through if the backdrop is amended or removed. She would then go back to the EU with aim of opening up the withdrawal agreement.

Beggars belief really, considering two weeks ago May was saying it would not be possible to 're open negioations 

5 minutes ago, tintax said:

Teresa May now effectively wants parliament to back the Brady amendment, to show the EU that her deal could get through if the backdrop is amended or removed. She would then go back to the EU with aim of opening up the withdrawal agreement.

Beggars belief really, considering two weeks ago May was saying it would not be possible to 're open negioations 

What is really the point of the Brady amendment? The EU have said they will not renegotiate and they certainly won't drop the backstop for something else, given that for long enough they couldn't even think of anything else. A colossal waste of time to debate and vote on an amendment that is already dead in the water.

Edited by Jambomo

22 minutes ago, Detournement said:

What makes you think that? May says leave on the 29th of May, Corbyn says a maximum three month extension of A50.

If the EU aren't willing to move on the backstop there is no deal that can be made.

Unless we move on red lines. The EU won't move on the backstop without it.

53 minutes ago, ICTJohnboy said:

Certainly picked up when Blackford came on.

Damning with faint praise to see he's an improvement on Tezza&Jezza.

Unfortunately I'd given up before our boy came on - like I said all the really matters is the numbers in the big2 amendments.