Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

7 hours ago, welshbairn said:

I think Kuenssberg is as objective as they come. Without her we wouldn't know that the Government keeps a file full of of potential constituency bribes for individual MPs. 

Eh, what..?       She speaks well, in the way that confident, assertive, impeccably educated Oxbridge types often do. They can sound convincing for that alone. 

Really, she's just another political reporter, hanging around with a bad crowd.   And her leanings are broadly Conservative.  In much the same way as , for example, 

Nick Robinson, .   Except he barely bothers to try to conceal it. 

Edited by beefybake

2 minutes ago, beefybake said:

Eh, what..?       She speaks well, in the way that impeccably educated Oxbridge types often do. They often sound convincing for that reason alone. 

Really, she's just another political reporter, hanging around with a bad crowd.   And her leanings are broadly Conservative.  In much the same way as , for example, 

Nick Robinson, .   Except he barely bothers to try to conceal it. 

For what it's worth she went to Edinburgh University and started work in local radio in Glasgow. I don't see the Tory bias, or any in particular. If you try to be professionally neutral you get attacked for bias from both sides.

1 minute ago, welshbairn said:

For what it's worth she went to Edinburgh University and started work in local radio in Glasgow. I don't see the Tory bias, or any in particular. If you try to be professionally neutral you get attacked for bias from both sides.

So?

The EU have consistently said that they would only agree to an extension of Article 50 if there was a material change in circumstances; this was widely seen as meaning a second referendum or a General Election.

It is one of the few things that I thought they might compromise on.

I really hope they don’t.  If they get approach for a extension just to give the Tories another 3 months I really hope they say “get to f**k” and trigger a No Deal/revocation scenario.

Sadly I don’t think they will.

Just now, The OP said:

Not an Oxbridge type then presumably was the point.

You don’t need to be educated at Oxbridge to be an Oxbridge type.

Maybe she’s an Oxbridge wannabe.

Doesn’t stop her from being a right wing c**t just like her Scottish counterpart who I went to school with.*

* I say this to make the point that even common people like Brian Taylor can become right wing c***s.

12 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

If they get approach for a extension just to give the Tories another 3 months I really hope they say “get to f**k” and trigger a No Deal/revocation scenario.

Really? There's no chance of a majority for revoking it so you're hoping for the thing you say will never happen? And giving the EU a choice of making a hard border happen in Ireland or customs checks between Eire and the EU.

3 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Really? There's no chance of a majority for revoking it so you're hoping for the thing you say will never happen? And giving the EU a choice of making a hard border happen in Ireland or customs checks between Eire and the EU.

There’s also no majority for No Deal.

Just now, Granny Danger said:

There’s also no majority for No Deal.

All that No Deal needs is a failure for the Commons to come up with a majority for something else. Which from last Tuesday's debacle looks increasingly likely. Unless they agree to a GE to postpone things and reshuffle the cards.

3 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

All that No Deal needs is a failure for the Commons to come up with a majority for something else. Which from last Tuesday's debacle looks increasingly likely. Unless they agree to a GE to postpone things and reshuffle the cards.

Deflection.  

You said there was no majority for revocation, you’re probably right.  I said there was no majority for No Deal; support for Spelman-Dromey showed that.

If MPs are given a stark choice by the EU refusing an extension I think they will go for revocation.

23 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Deflection.  

You said there was no majority for revocation, you’re probably right.  I said there was no majority for No Deal; support for Spelman-Dromey showed that.

If MPs are given a stark choice by the EU refusing an extension I think they will go for revocation.

They've already voted for No Deal as it was in the Act that allowed A50 to be declared. Unless they come up with an alternative and constitutional magic to force the Government to make new legislation, No Deal will happen with without anyone lifting a finger. Most likely thing is the EU making enough of a concession to allow the DUP and enough paid off Labour MPs to counter the hard core Brexiteers and Remainers in the Tory party to pass May's deal 2.whatever.

Edited by welshbairn

Do you really think that when push comes to shove that other than the off-the-scale hardliners that any MP wants to be a handmaiden to utter mayhem ?