Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

1 minute ago, kirkyblue2 said:

Bit difficult for remain to win if that’s not an option. Could be May’s deal or no deal, wouldn’t that be funny?

It's getting confusing about who can make decisions, Government or the Commons. I could see your one happening though.

9 minutes ago, kirkyblue2 said:

Bit difficult for remain to win if that’s not an option. Could be May’s deal or no deal, wouldn’t that be funny?

It's getting confusing about who can make decisions, Government or the Commons. I could see your one happening though.

3 minutes ago, Highlandmagyar 2nd Tier said:

I feel that the leave voters will only be emboldened by the thought democracy has been denied if there is a second referendum.  The leave vote will be extremely difficult to change.

Why would the second referendum be any less democratic than the first? 

Edited by welshbairn

Remain were ahead in the polls before the 2016 campaign started. Meant heehaw.
Indeed, but since then only someone living in a cave on Rockall would be unaware of the lies, duplicity, wild promises of the Leave campaign never mind Cambridge Analytica, Arron Banks, the mounting job losses and shambolic political attempts at leaving the EU.

In other words a lot has altered since 2016.

5 minutes ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

Indeed, but since then only someone living in a cave on Rockall would be unaware of the lies, duplicity, wild promises of the Leave campaign never mind Cambridge Analytica, Arron Banks, the mounting job losses and shambolic political attempts at leaving the EU.

In other words a lot has altered since 2016.

I hope the SNP have a secret Internet Research Agency base on St Kilda by now.

2 hours ago, Detournement said:

Opinion polls are in a similar place to where they were in the lead up to the referendum. They don't count for much right now as everything changes once campaigning starts and "Tell Them Again" would be a strong position for leave.

1 hour ago, Detournement said:

Remain were ahead in the polls before the 2016 campaign started. Meant heehaw.

This is a common misconception. The bookies had remain as favourites, but that was because of the belief that polls tend to swing back towards the status quo at the 11th hour. If you look at the actual opinion polls they were very 50-50 if not leaning towards leave from mid-May right up until the break in campaigning when Jo Cox was murdered, after the campaigning resumed remain took a slender lead for the rest of the campaign right enough.

3 minutes ago, Highlandmagyar 2nd Tier said:

And where did I say that?

Fair enough, although I would say some of them are deluded by ideology and prejudice, and not necessarily thick in a strict sense, but we basically agree.

Edited by welshbairn