Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

5 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

She’s not yet put her deal for a 3rd time and there’s already talk about her doing it for a 4th time!

The sooner Scotland’s out of this shambles of a union the better.

Why should a possible leave vote for Scottish Independence be respected if this EU leave vote is not?

No reason why it should be.

Although i still believe we will be leaving the EU.

1 hour ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

Seething

D1pwXBDX4AAFQmu.jpg

It would be tremendously ironic, given that headline and that particular shit rag's hostility to the EU, if the EU rejected an extension and we did leave on the 29th March all thanks to the unelected bureaucrats of Brussels

1 hour ago, I'm Brian said:

It would be tremendously ironic, given that headline and that particular shit rag's hostility to the EU, if the EU rejected an extension and we did leave on the 29th March all thanks to the unelected bureaucrats of Brussels

Except it won’t be bureaucrats who decide whether or not to agree to an extension.

I am almost at the stage of hoping that the EU reject an extension then the rational being in me takes over and realises that it would be the most vulnerable that would suffer.  It always is when the politicians f**k something up.  

We are screwed if we leave Europe. Why can’t we have another referendum?
Because it's like this. A very stupid woman with an even more stupid idea gets to childishly stamp her feet again and again until she is eventually able to throw a six on her dice.

The rest of us, being adults, only ever get one throw of the dice.

11 hours ago, Bob Mahelp said:

That horrific cow Foster was just on TV and there's no doubt that the tone of her language has changed. 

All of them are now desperately searching for semantics and nuances that will justify their about turn and acceptance of May's deal. 

The best way to find out what Ulster Unionists are up to is to read Belfast Unionist newspapers to find out what the DUP are telling their own supporters and avoid the filter of misunderstanding and at times "Mrs Bunfield" stereotype levels of outright prejudice that the information has to pass through with  a London based media outlet:

https://www.newsletter.co.uk/news/brexit-dup-will-not-sell-its-soul-for-deal-that-threatens-union-1-8849797

... But while the DUP’s Jim Shannon said he and his fellow MPs wanted to support “the right deal”, he told the News Letter: “We will not sell our soul for a deal that threatens the Union.” ... The DUP has stated that any changes to the backstop must be made “at treaty level”. When asked yesterday if the PM’s deal was now effectively dead, Mr Shannon replied: “We will have to wait and see what happens. ... “It is clear what we want. We need a legally binding time-limited backstop. The government knows that is what they have to deliver and it is up to them to go back and get that. “Our priority is preservation of the Union; that Northern Ireland is treated the same as England, Scotland and Wales. That is the critical factor in all of this for us.” ...

No, we were supposed to go into meltdown the minute the vote came in, the wobble in the markets reflected this, as it stands, I don't think Brexit will be as bad as portrayed, I'm actually more worried about the rejection of democracy over short term pain, time to suck it and see is where I'm at at the moment.
Oh yeah, I forgot about the pound down about 11% since the vote (probably more now after yesterday), the BoE pumping QE probably saved us from the worst of it but, yeah, this pretty much as predicted.

Gina Miller says the time to hold a second referendum is when all other options have been exhausted. I don’t know how this takes into account May’s strategy of just postponing Brexit and holding the same vote again and again.

1 hour ago, Baxter Parp said:
8 hours ago, ayrmad said:
No, we were supposed to go into meltdown the minute the vote came in, the wobble in the markets reflected this, as it stands, I don't think Brexit will be as bad as portrayed, I'm actually more worried about the rejection of democracy over short term pain, time to suck it and see is where I'm at at the moment.

Oh yeah, I forgot about the pound down about 11% since the vote (probably more now after yesterday), the BoE pumping QE probably saved us from the worst of it but, yeah, this pretty much as predicted.

Away and look at historical trends, I'm sure you'll notice that it's just a fall like loads of others and not in the same stratosphere as the worst ones, the long term trend is downward.

1 hour ago, NotThePars said:

Gina Miller says the time to hold a second referendum is when all other options have been exhausted. I don’t know how this takes into account May’s strategy of just postponing Brexit and holding the same vote again and again.

There is a good chance it will go through on Tuesday.

30 minutes ago, Tibbermoresaint said:

Who wouldn't respect it and why?

Your forensic questioning really adds a lot to these threads.

I assume you are unable to think in terms of cause and effect. Previously no one really thought about what would happen beyond a Yes vote. Now it's clear that Westminster would make separation as difficult as possible whilst using all their media assets and Scottish unionists to campaign for a second referendum.

Away and look at historical trends, I'm sure you'll notice that it's just a fall like loads of others and not in the same stratosphere as the worst ones, the long term trend is downward.
No, we had the nigh-on the largest growth in Western Europe before the vote, now we're third bottom. It's not a fall like loads of others, it's been going on for three years now, with the odd blip up when it looks like a deal has been reached. Which quickly disappears when it turns out to be a mirage. Apart from jobs, the predictions were more or less bang on. God knows what a no deal exit would look like.

1 minute ago, Baxter Parp said:
7 minutes ago, ayrmad said:

No, we had the nigh-on the largest growth in Western Europe before the vote, now we're third bottom. It's not a fall like loads of others, it's been going on for three years now, with the odd blip up when it looks like a deal has been reached. Which quickly disappears when it turns out to be a mirage. Apart from jobs, the predictions were more or less bang on. God knows what a no deal exit would look like.

When you're coming from f**k all rises always appear larger,  we had the largest growth due to every other mob getting their shit together much quicker than ourselves.

When you're coming from f**k all rises always appear larger,  we had the largest growth due to every other mob getting their shit together much quicker than ourselves.
Sure, we had the slowest recovery from a recession in history because of the Tories austerity policies but we were finally getting decent figures before the vote and now we're back down to 1.2% or so. Even Portugal is doing better.