Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

1 minute ago, sparky88 said:

All Leave need is another xenophobic dishonest campaign. Remain dealt in facts and lost. Two years of more facts doesn't necessarily mean Remain wins.

No they didn't, I'm still waiting for the meltdown that was to immediately follow a leave vote.

3 minutes ago, ayrmad said:

No they didn't, I'm still waiting for the meltdown that was to immediately follow a leave vote.

You mean like the House of Commons discussing Brexit to the exclusion of everything else.  Yes, I wonder when that is going to happen.

5 minutes ago, sparky88 said:

All Leave need is another xenophobic dishonest campaign. Remain dealt in facts and lost. Two years of more facts doesn't necessarily mean Remain wins.

The opinion polls and their trajectory have been perfectly clear. Leave will no doubt be disgustingly dishonest but there are fewer gullibles out there.

2 minutes ago, ayrmad said:

There was never going to be a meltdown after the vote. Only fools believed otherwise.

11 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Do you think there would be a majority in the Commons to revoke article 50? I doubt European countries concerned for their citizens living here would want to risk that. I'm not even sure if there's a mechanism for that to be put to the house, May certainly wouldn't. There will be an extension or hard brexit imo.

Yes, if the only other option was a Hard Brexit.

As far as I can see there are only five Tory Remainers who haven't voted for May's deal. Guto Bebb. Jo Johnson. Dominic Grieve. Justine Greening. Phillip Lee.

So if every Tory who voted for the Deal on Tuesday plus the Tory Brexiter rebels plus the DUP votes for the Deal next week it passes even without the three Labour rebels.

The problem for Theresa May is that the DUP care much more about NI's place in the Union than they do about Brexit and the back stop is potentially horrendous for Ulster Unionism. My guess is it gets voted down again, the EU attach very awkward conditions to an extension aimed at an eventual reversal of the Leave vote that May will reluctantly accept, which will split her party and lead to a general election. 

Guest Bob Mahelp

So we're down to the end game now.

It's either 'yes' to May's deal at the 3rd attempt, or crawling back to the EU for a long extension.

It's now pretty much guaranteed that May's cobbled together crap will pass next week. The extremists are terrified that a long extension means no Brexit. 

1 minute ago, Bob Mahelp said:

It's either 'yes' to May's deal at the 3rd attempt, or crawling back to the EU for a long extension.

It's now pretty much guaranteed that May's cobbled together crap will pass next week. The extremists are terrified that a long extension means no Brexit. 

If it passes, and it might, it will be because some Labour members take it over the line.  Even if most of the extremists support May some will hold out.

1 hour ago, Bob Mahelp said:

^

This.

Somehow you can see, and sense it's going to go that way.

Is the useless cow going to hailed as some kind of a hero at the end of all this?

Edited by ICTJohnboy

17 minutes ago, Bob Mahelp said:

I don't see how it can pass unless the DUP accept N.Ireland being treated differently from the rUK. That's always been the sticking block and I don't see it changing

Guest Bob Mahelp
1 minute ago, Colkitto said:

I don't see how it can pass unless the DUP accept N.Ireland being treated differently from the rUK. That's always been the sticking block and I don't see it changing

That horrific cow Foster was just on TV and there's no doubt that the tone of her language has changed. 

All of them are now desperately searching for semantics and nuances that will justify their about turn and acceptance of May's deal. 

21 minutes ago, ICTJohnboy said:

^

This.

Somehow you can see, and sense it's going to go that way.

Is the useless cow going to hailed by some kind of hero at the end of all this?

Yeah I can see that happening.  But the funny thing is that the Tories will still dump her as soon as they can.

Im sticking to May's deal being defeated again and again. It isn't just the backstop issue that is causing so many MP's to vote against it. There is a lot in it that MP's on all sides will not vote for.