Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

2 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

At least I ticked the right box. Most of what I've said was just repeating what various pundits and MPs have indicated.

:lol: I wondered when you’d resort to that.

Your posts on May’s shitty deal are certainly not presented as repetition, they’re presented as opinion.

6 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

:lol: I wondered when you’d resort to that.

Your posts on May’s shitty deal are certainly not presented as repetition, they’re presented as opinion.

They're presented as verifiable fact. Nobody apart from the DUP has a genuine problem with the Withdrawal Agreement other than it takes us out of the EU. It's the non binding PD due to May's shitty red lines that people have a problem with. You couldn't name anything wrong with it apart from the unicorn backstop when I asked you.

Edited by welshbairn

Just now, welshbairn said:

They're presented as verifiable fact. Nobody apart from the DUP has a genuine problem with the Withdrawal Agreement other than it takes us out of the EU. It's the non binding PD due to May's shitty red lines that people have a problem with.

Despite today’s shenanigans the deal comes as a oner.  It’s a shitty deal.

18 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Don't think so, knowing the EU they've probably already got a version drawn up in a political declaration. 

Except that you don't.

Shit hot take #171 there.

15 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

At least I ticked the right box. Most of what I've said was just repeating what various pundits and MPs have indicated.

...swiftly followed by shit hot take #172 based on the weasel word source of 'various' people.

3 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

They're presented as verifiable fact. Nobody apart from the DUP has a genuine problem with the Withdrawal Agreement other than it takes us out of the EU. It's the non binding PD due to May's shitty red lines that people have a problem with. You couldn't name anything wrong with it apart from the unicorn backstop when I asked you.

And then a steaming pile of utter bollocks in #173 to round off this quick, three-course serving of fail. 

18 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

What do they f******know, eh?

1 minute ago, virginton said:

Except that you don't.

Shit hot take #171 there.

...swiftly followed by shit hot take #172 based on the weasel word source of 'various' people.

And then a steaming pile of utter bollocks in #173 to round off this quick, three-course serving of fail. 

I note you haven't contradicted anything I posted.

41 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

DUP will support a CU deal. I suspect TIG will as well and Tory remainers - it would depend what Labour and the SNP do.

That's assuming of course that is the choice.

Yep. Dodds now stating they would rather remain than WA. :lol:

Edited by Bedford White

4 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

What do they f******know, eh?

Indeed.

They've been crawling out the woodwork since the vote went through this afternoon spouting any amount of pure shite. What kind of fees do they pick up from the media for their contributions?

They've all got 1 thing in common - they know f**k all.

Edited by ICTJohnboy

Nigel Dodds tells Nicholas Watt (BBC Newsnight political editor) that the UK should stay in the EU if that was only way to preserve NI’s place in UK. ‘I would stay in the European Union and remain rather than risk Northern Ireland’s position. That’s how strongly I feel about the union.’

3 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

I note you haven't contradicted anything I posted.

You don't know what the EU plans are, you aren't simply restating established opinions and the Withdrawal Agreement is nowhere near as amenable as you have claimed. Which is why it has been defeated no less than three times by huge margins. 

Everything that you say by now is fatally undermined by the fact that you're posting it - you're a complete and utter busted flush.

Just now, DeeTillEhDeh said:

Nigel Dodds tells Nicholas Watt (BBC Newsnight political editor) that the UK should stay in the EU if that was only way to preserve NI’s place in UK. ‘I would stay in the European Union and remain rather than risk Northern Ireland’s position. That’s how strongly I feel about the union.’

They're raging about the ERG sell outs.

1 minute ago, virginton said:

You don't know what the EU plans are, you aren't simply restating established opinions and the Withdrawal Agreement is nowhere near as amenable as you have claimed. Which is why it has been defeated no less than three times by huge margins. 

Everything that you say by now is fatally undermined by the fact that you're posting it - you're a complete and utter busted flush.

Again no contradictions, it's the Political Declaration that can be easily changed. 

5 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

Amazing how shit the reporting by the BBC is of the protests outside Parliament - implying that the thousands are there to protest about Brexit when the reality is that there are also a lot of anti-racists protesting against that fascist Yaxley-Lennon.

Lovely wee Orange Order parade supporting Brexit for some reason on the news there too.

Run the Ken Clarke proposal past me again..trying to get my head around it...is it......Stay in a customs union (but not the single market), which means having fixed tariffs with the other 27 both on goods bought and sold between the UK and the 27, and also having to abide by the same tariff rates which the EU uses to buy in goods from outside? 

In addition, not subject to the ECJ, EU laws (other than those which pertain to trade it seems), no hard border on Ireland (result! as it has the same customs arrangement between NI and ROI), not subject to freedom of movement/ Schengen? Also, potentially lower divorce payment.

If so, does that not defeat one of the main pillars of the Brexiters argument that the UK has to be free to strike its own trade deals, so how do they get behind this?

32 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:
36 minutes ago, MixuFixit said:
This thread would be fucking boring if everyone was 100% correct all the time tbh

Welshbairn is nearly 100% wrong most of the time.

It would be boringly interesting to go back through the thread and see if anyone predicted where we are now. I doubt it. I just see it as a sad but comic soap opera and try to predict what will happen in the next episode. Some people appear to think I'm under the illusion that I know what I'm talking about. Nobody does, including May. Come to think of it, here's a prediction, bookmark it. General Election on May 23rd. I will prepare myself for humiliation.

Edited by welshbairn