Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

9 minutes ago, Jedi said:

The same Lib Dems who in 2010 said the red line they would never cross was student tuition fees...days later, into coalition with the Tories for ministerial seats and limos and.....tuition fees it is. I agree that the last time they did this it nearly destroyed them therefore why would they jump in that direction again, but........If a minority Tory govt offered the possibility of a 2nd Ref (in terms of it being an 'option') for a coalition deal do you really think the Libs would turn it down? Read an interesting work about the so called 'Orange Bookers' in the Lib Dems..Clegg, Danny Alexander et al who essentially moved the party in a more Tory direction in the mid 00s. There is still a fair influence for albeit a rump of party now for this. They would be more Tory than Lab govt alligned.

What makes my prediction unlikely to happen I think, is lack of Lib seats after a GE, not their unwillingness to do a deal with the Tories imo.

The Tories will be running on Brexit if it hasn't already happened. There is zero chance of the Lib Dems helping them with that.

Further interesting info from the opinion poll quoted on the other thread,
60A35157-A708-4F51-B5C2-2DD51ADD9206.thumb.png.e785050daf31ee297718e5763f127ccd.png
More people supporting a second referendum than opposing it!
More people supporting revocation than opposing it!!!!!

Ffs Granny it's 1 and 2% respectively. Bigger margin supporting a customs union and no deal is quite close. When the next referendum happens it will be about 53 to 47 for remain. The country is so divided with no clear majority for anything.

4 minutes ago, John Lambies Doos said:
8 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:
60A35157-A708-4F51-B5C2-2DD51ADD9206.thumb.png.e785050daf31ee297718e5763f127ccd.png

Ffs Granny it's 1 and 2% respectively. Bigger margin supporting a customs union and no deal is quite close. When the next referendum happens it will be about 53 to 47 for remain. The country is so divided with no clear majority for anything.

53 to 47 is a clear majority.

22 minutes ago, John Lambies Doos said:
25 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

I will be delighted if there’s another referendum and there is 53% for Remain.  

Brexit will be dead for a long, long time; the Conservative Party will go into meltdown; the right wing vote throughout the U.K. will be split; and a huge number of gammons will have fatal heart attacks.

6 hours ago, Jedi said:

The same Lib Dems who in 2010 said the red line they would never cross was student tuition fees...days later, into coalition with the Tories for ministerial seats and limos and.....tuition fees it is. I agree that the last time they did this it nearly destroyed them therefore why would they jump in that direction again, but........If a minority Tory govt offered the possibility of a 2nd Ref (in terms of it being an 'option') for a coalition deal do you really think the Libs would turn it down? Read an interesting work about the so called 'Orange Bookers' in the Lib Dems..Clegg, Danny Alexander et al who essentially moved the party in a more Tory direction in the mid 00s. There is still a fair influence for albeit a rump of party now for this. They would be more Tory than Lab govt alligned.

What makes my prediction unlikely to happen I think, is lack of Lib seats after a GE, not their unwillingness to do a deal with the Tories imo.

Also, you can guarantee that a Lib Dem campaign would be based on two policies....'Vote Lib Dem to get a 2nd EU Ref, and Vote Lib Dem to prevent a 2nd Scottish Ref ever happening'.

I tend to agree with you about the internal leanings of the Lib Dems. There has been virtually no move away from the 'Orange Bookery'., and little influx of new blood. 

They may have 11 seats, but really, they're a semi deceased party. Another stint propping up Conservatives would finish them for good.  However, if Labour promises another referendum to confirm any Brexit actions or deals, then I'm fairly certain they'll get all the support they need without having to crawl to the Lib Dems.

Not convinced that Lab will put a 2nd Ref in their manifesto, they might, but probably just some waffle about CU and single market...Lib Dems however will (while, as said fighting to stop one in Scotland, utter charlatans).

Whether that gives them enough to pick up a few seats in England in more Remain leaning areas, not sure yet.

Not convinced that Lab will put a 2nd Ref in their manifesto, they might, but probably just some waffle about CU and single market...Lib Dems however will (while, as said fighting to stop one in Scotland, utter charlatans).
Whether that gives them enough to pick up a few seats in England in more Remain leaning areas, not sure yet.

The hypocrisy of Willie Rennie's party [emoji23][emoji23]

On 30/03/2019 at 13:51, Suspect Device said:

It seems strange to me that we will probably have to organise a European election for May (the month, not the thundercunt) but we were told it would be impossible to organise a new referendum before June.

Still catching up on this thread but didn't want to let this pass as it contains one of the finest examples of context setting I've seen - chapeau sir.

16 hours ago, John Lambies Doos said:

Was in Dublin for the hurling couple of weekends ago, thought I'd take this snap. Hopefully one up in Princess Street very soon!
IMG_20190321_115231.jpg

Thanks for eliminating any regrets I may have had over not applying for an RoI passport when I still had the chance. Still not hearing any laughing children. 

3 hours ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

And so the Tories start to disintegrate - Julian Smith, the Tory Chief Whip, says the UK government should have said it would have to accept softer Brexit after the 2017 election.

“Party discipline is breaking down.”

“Well you’re Chief Whip what are you going to do to stop it?”

”I’m going to go on national television and tell everyone Party discipline is breaking down.”

17 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

“Party discipline is breaking down.”

“Well you’re Chief Whip what are you going to do to stop it?”

”I’m going to go on national television and tell everyone Party discipline is breaking down.”

Who disciplines the Chief Whip when he makes comments like this?

3 minutes ago, zidane's child said:

Who disciplines the Chief Whip when he makes comments like this?

As it is the Tory Party it will be the Dark Lord Satan who dishes out the beatings. If Satan is unavailable it will be the zombie corpse of Thatcher

17 minutes ago, I'm Brian said:

As it is the Tory Party it will be the Dark Lord Satan who dishes out the beatings. If Satan is unavailable it will be the zombie corpse of Thatcher

Both the same Shirley?

Seems a lot of people coming behind Common Market 2.0, including Labour and the SNP. If May as expected rejects it and Corbyn calls a VONC, Steve Baker of the ERG ultras says he might back it, if the other 25 do it could be enough to finish the Government.