Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

6 minutes ago, John Lambies Doos said:
36 minutes ago, oldbitterandgrumpy said:
What do you mean by that?  What's the reference to 1945?

The War.. Barnier would do well to remember this before pontificating his views

Horseshite. 

3 minutes ago, John Lambies Doos said:
6 minutes ago, dorlomin said:
Horseshite. 

Nonsense, he should be remembering the sacrifices guys like Dave (41 unemployed), Derby and Simon (52) from Sunderland made. It's an utter disgrace.

Whatever happened to free speech ? He's as entitled to his opinion as any UK, German, US or South Sudan national is !!!

26 minutes ago, ICTJohnboy said:

It is incredible isn't it?

Only the extremely gullible could possibly have swallowed all that shit and then voted leave.

I’m sure you’re trying to make a point, sadly it’s escaping me.  :(

However, I would be interested to know if you agree with the conclusion of my post.

15 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

I’m sure you’re trying to make a point, sadly it’s escaping me.  :(

However, I would be interested to know if you agree with the conclusion of my post.

Oh absolutely...You're living proof that wisdom is indeed related to age.

Seriously,  my first choice would be to see Article 50 revoked, but that's now unlikely.

I would be pleased to see another referendum, but at the same time I suspect it wouldn't necessarily resolve anything as it would probably be another very close result. The UK would remain as divided as ever.

Edited by ICTJohnboy

Folk taking Loondave seriously [emoji38] He's a full time troll who occasionally attempts discussion, fails and reverts to all out trolling. I think we can safely file him in the same bin as McSpreader, Glen Minter etc.
Folk taking P&B seriously [emoji23]

2 minutes ago, the snudge said:

Is there something really perverted about the fact I'm enjoying this shambles from Westminster? 

I'm enjoying it too. Top quality entertainment every day. 

The stakes are high . . . our jobs, the economy, food prices, travel chaos etc. But there's just something grotesquely entertaining about it. 

I don't think I'm perverted. 

May ruling out a second referendum “in all circumstances.”

So she doesn’t want a referendum (neither do a majority her PMs), she doesn’t want a GE (neither do a majority of her PMs), she doesn’t want to accept any compromise that cuts across her red lines (and neither do a majority of her MPs) and her deal won’t get passed.

Could be we’re facing a ‘real’ takeover by Parliament to avoid a No Deal Brexit. ETA with the possibility of the EU27 refusing an extension though that’s unlikely.

Edited by Granny Danger

34 minutes ago, the snudge said:

Is there something really perverted about the fact I'm enjoying this shambles from Westminster? 

Not when we're still a part of it IMO.

9 minutes ago, Highlandmagyar 2nd Tier said:

Time for a military junta in this country. Democracy lies in ruins.

The Paras opening up in the chamber does have a certain je n'est sais quoi.

All the waffle about the Tories having to stick to their manifesto pledges, nobody mentions their promise to get rid of the Fixed Terms Act which has brought us to this almighty shitfest. Very convenient for a Government who has lost the support of the House on its primary legislation to cling onto power. 

43 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

May ruling out a second referendum “in all circumstances.”

So she doesn’t want a referendum (neither do a majority her PMs), she doesn’t want a GE (neither do a majority of her PMs), she doesn’t want to accept any compromise that cuts across her red lines (and neither do a majority of her MPs) and her deal won’t get passed.

Could be we’re facing a ‘real’ takeover by Parliament to avoid a No Deal Brexit. ETA with the possibility of the EU27 refusing an extension though that’s unlikely.

Ok, I'll ask .  .  . What's a 'real' takeover?

3 minutes ago, oldbitterandgrumpy said:

Ok, I'll ask .  .  . What's a 'real' takeover?

Hilary Benn standing up in Parliament droning on about some arcane and ineffectual process until everyone falls asleep and they wake up in Hard Brexitland.

42 minutes ago, Highlandmagyar 2nd Tier said:

Time for a military junta in this country. Democracy lies in ruins.

You think the people who cannot get Capita to hire enough soldiers are going to sort out a constitutional impasse between an executive that cannot control her own cabinet and a legislative that cannot get enough votes for any deal.

Poe's Law is getting harder and harder to detect (as many of yesterdays stories showed)