Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

The stance of Labour MPs in Leave voting constituencies really puzzles me.

If they feel they are delegates rather than representatives AND if they feel they have to represent the constituency as a whole then fair enough.

However they risk losing votes from previous Labour voters who support Remain but are unlikely to pick up many votes from previous non-Labour voters who still support Leave.

1 hour ago, Granny Danger said:

If they feel they are delegates rather than representatives AND if they feel they have to represent the constituency as a whole then fair enough.

However they risk losing votes from previous Labour voters who support Remain but are unlikely to pick up many votes from previous non-Labour voters who still support Leave.

They will lose many more votes from those who voted Leave - particularly in their traditional heartland in the north of England.

52 minutes ago, ICTJohnboy said:

They will lose many more votes from those who voted Leave - particularly in their traditional heartland in the north of England.

Do you have any evidence to support this?

12 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Do you have any evidence to support this?

Yes I do.

Next time you are in Accrington, Granny just call into this excellent hostelry and ask any of the local regulars (myself excluded) who they will be voting for in the next GE, and who they voted for in the last GE.

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Restaurant_Review-g672777-d3963333-Reviews-The_Park_Inn-Accrington_Lancashire_England.html

11 hours ago, Highlandmagyar 2nd Tier said:

In denial that Brexit would hurt the innocent? And that you dont give a fig about the innocents in all this? Spoken like a true Tory.

The people you want to be making decisions ie England voted for brexit.  Who are you to say they shouldn't get what they voted for?  You want to be governed by Tories three quarters of your life, and want the same for everyone else.  I don't think you're in a position to be calling anyone a Tory.

5 minutes ago, Kuro said:

The people you want to be making decisions ie England voted for brexit.  Who are you to say they shouldn't get what they voted for?  You want to be governed by Tories three quarters of your life, and want the same for everyone else.  I don't think you're in a position to be calling anyone a Tory.

You attitude is that of a right wing Tory. A 'I'm alright Jack f**k you' syndrome.  Yes. I will call you a Tory.

1 minute ago, Highlandmagyar 2nd Tier said:

You attitude is that of a right wing Tory. A 'I'm alright Jack f**k you' syndrome.  Yes. I will call you a Tory.

How have you enjoyed this last five years of Tory rule?  This is what you voted for, this is what you wanted.  Savour it.

1 hour ago, ICTJohnboy said:

Yes I do.

Next time you are in Accrington, Granny just call into this excellent hostelry and ask any of the local regulars (myself excluded) who they will be voting for in the next GE, and who they voted for in the last GE.

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Restaurant_Review-g672777-d3963333-Reviews-The_Park_Inn-Accrington_Lancashire_England.html

You misunderstand.  I’m talking about evidence; properly constructed polls.  Not anecdotal nonsense from whatever characters you choose to associate with.  

That’s as useless as those BBC and Sky vox pops where they interview four ransoms in Bristol then finish the report by saying “...and that’s the view from Bristol”.

2 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

You misunderstand.  I’m talking about evidence; properly constructed polls.  Not anecdotal nonsense from whatever characters you choose to associate with.  

That’s as useless as those BBC and Sky vox pops where they interview four ransoms in Bristol then finish the report by saying “...and that’s the view from Bristol”.

Ransoms?

5 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Typo, it should read randoms.  At least it’s given you an excuse not to properly respond to my post.

There's been plenty of polls to suggest Boris will pick up votes from disaffected traditional labour voters. Whether they are properly constructed or not I don't know, but I do know that many polls in recent years have been spectacularly wrong. You do have to go with gut feelings on occasions and mine is, thanks to people I speak to around here, that Boris would wipe out Jezza in a GE - that is, if he calls one soon after becoming PM.  If he delays on calling an election he would probably lose - it won't take the country long to realise that a hard Brexit will prove to be a catastrophic mistake.

https://www.thevoicefm.co.uk/news/politics/poll-boost-for-boris-johnson-but-he-wont-turn-up-to-first-tv-debate/

32 minutes ago, ICTJohnboy said:

There's been plenty of polls to suggest Boris will pick up votes from disaffected traditional labour voters. Whether they are properly constructed or not I don't know, but I do know that many polls in recent years have been spectacularly wrong. You do have to go with gut feelings on occasions and mine is, thanks to people I speak to around here, that Boris would wipe out Jezza in a GE - that is, if he calls one soon after becoming PM.  If he delays on calling an election he would probably lose - it won't take the country long to realise that a hard Brexit will prove to be a catastrophic mistake.

https://www.thevoicefm.co.uk/news/politics/poll-boost-for-boris-johnson-but-he-wont-turn-up-to-first-tv-debate/

Not a single word of that relates to my post which you disputed.

There is evidence to support the point I made in that post.  Evidence in terms of properly constructed opinion polls.

You seem to take pleasure in thinking that things will go to shit.  Maybe it’s down to the questionable company you keep in the shithole you live in.

3 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Not a single word of that relates to my post which you disputed.

There is evidence to support the point I made in that post.  Evidence in terms of properly constructed opinion polls.

You seem to take pleasure in thinking that things will go to shit.  Maybe it’s down to the questionable company you keep in the shithole you live in.

Every word of what I said relates to your crap post.

And as for the shithole I live in, I'd still rather live here than in that Desperate Dan shithole city you would appear to have been stuck in for all of your bitter and twisted life.

6 minutes ago, ICTJohnboy said:

Every word of what I said relates to your crap post.

And as for the shithole I live in, I'd still rather live here than in that Desperate Dan shithole city you would appear to have been stuck in for all of your bitter and twisted life.

No here’s my post.

5 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

Like I said there are various polls that support this position.  All you could offer was “come to my local pub and talk to the morons who drink there”.  Not a credible position as I’m sure you’d agree with if you were trying to be objective.

Too frightened of upsetting racist gammons.