Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

7 hours ago, clarky 62 said:

the public schoolboy arsehole Johnston who hates scots with a passion should be burned alive in front of his privileged eton educated peers, in fact, burn these b*****ds alive too

Quite the entrance.

giphy.gif

Edited by BawWatchin

So Corbyn is meeting with leaders of the Trade Unions because he wants their members take on things.  I don’t think he’s going to like it.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/trade-unionists-second-brexit-referendum-jeremy-corbyn-shadow-cabinet-a8971361.html

Of those Trade Unionists who voted Labour in 2017 they want Labour to campaign for staying in the EU by a margin of 74% to 10% (I assume the balance is don’t knows).

That is a very emphatic position.

18 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

So Corbyn is meeting with leaders of the Trade Unions because he wants their members take on things.  I don’t think he’s going to like it.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/trade-unionists-second-brexit-referendum-jeremy-corbyn-shadow-cabinet-a8971361.html

Of those Trade Unionists who voted Labour in 2017 they want Labour to campaign for staying in the EU by a margin of 74% to 10% (I assume the balance is don’t knows).

That is a very emphatic position.

He knows whichever side he opts for will cost him votes and seats.

https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/caroline-flint-suggests-26-labour-mps-could-back-a-tory-brexit-deal_uk_5d0f5bcae4b07ae90d9e8658?guccounter=1&guce_referrer=aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cuZ29vZ2xlLmNvbS8&guce_referrer_sig=AQAAALRyF0WN87xr6nucq5oA9NpDkeKmjEINhtGJqfrs8SMtYo_TsbWtX_DNRSYSY_llHnOa4xfMvK3RQCaiD6Va84jlVeAMMKgNj-qxqJUTpSeUdIuopdr2sVovGgo-IItU1F6eaCWIBHuV78IuBq0bg54r28XPr9Fen80Y2TRxcceE

An interesting extract from the Guardian.  A Survation poll commissioned by the Mail on Sunday but not published (probably because they did not like the findings.

Survation poll for the Mail on Sunday found 54% for remain, 46% for leave. Did you miss that? That’s because the Brexit-backing paper omitted it from its report, but it’s on the Survation site. Also missing was Survation’s Westminster result: Labour in the lead on 26%, Tories 24%, Brexit party 20%, Liberal Democrats 18%. Add in 11% for the Greens, Scottish National party and Plaid Cymru combined, and in total remainers are well ahead of the leavers.

This confirms my view that Remain would win in any new Referendum, this is why the Tories (and others) are shit scared of having one.  

Ok GD. I’ve been on the sauce and will bite. How does a poll with the BP, Tories and Labour on a combined 70% show that remain will win or did you just mean the first part?
I think the bit that says "54% Remain 46% Leave" is the clue

1 hour ago, Blue-Toon said:

15268322-0-image-a-1_1561537020162.jpg

shooting from the hip here not least because I've not looked at whatever YouGov poll this is, but I'm inclined to think that

- leave with May's deal + Leave with no deal = ardent Brexiteers at all costs types in the main, so 41%.

- Remain is, well, remain at 43%

- I get the feeling that those choosing the softer brexit in the main see that as the only option to break the gridlock (i.e some choosing softer brexit would prefer to remain but would take that if we have to leave; some choosing softer brexit would maybe prefer either May's deal or a no deal but would settle for that if it's the only way to progress). If I'm right on that then I'm not really so sure you can definitively say that a majority want Brexit, would love to see a follow up for those choosing the softer brexit as to whether they would prefer remain or leave as a binary choice...

Edited by Thistle_do_nicely

19 minutes ago, Blue-Toon said:

It was on the Daily Mail website today  but no data available with it -

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7182805/Poll-finds-57-cent-voters-believe-Britain-leave-EU.html

Fair enough.  I find it bizarre how poor the polling organisations websites are; trying to verify is difficult.

Any online source quoting a poll can easily put a link to the data.

I’ve been out and about the last couple of mornings and have been listening to the Hunt/Johnson coverage on 5 Live which is very good.

The Johnson/No Dealers are the biggest right-wing zealots I have heard in a long time.  To a man and woman they are totally dismissive of any rational questions about the potential impact.

It is reminiscent of religious fanatics who have total faith in an ideology despite their being no empirical evidence that such faith is justified.