Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

40 minutes ago, doulikefish said:

Beat me to it. Hundreds of thousands of Brit-immigrants forced to come back here... Most of them probably Ukippers judging by the pics of them. Talk about failure to integrate with local culture?!

As to EU and I-Scot - it's a completely different ball-game now. Britain is hated - just see today's press from El Pais in Spain to Die Weld in Germany. There have been many favourable comments from EU figures regarding Scotland remaining a member. Tens of thousands of their citizens being here won't be easily ignored not to mention our natural wealth.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/theresa-may-brexit-speech-shameful-xenophobic-nationalism-accuse-el-pais-spain-biggest-newspaper-uk-a7533116.html

Bitter nationalist pish, Brits hated? Aye all 15 Million of them that visited Spain last year, a quarter of their tourist numbers, not to mention how much they spend there. You had a good look at the Spanish economy at present!!? May and Gov certainly have to be guarded with the language they use in forthcoming negotiations, but you sound just as bad in your rhetoric.

2 minutes ago, RedRob72 said:

Bitter nationalist pish, Brits hated? Aye all 15 Million of them that visited Spain last year, a quarter of their tourist numbers, not to mention how much they spend there. You had a good look at the Spanish economy at present!!? May and Gov certainly have to be guarded with the language they use in forthcoming negotiations, but you sound just as bad in your rhetoric.

The locals in Spain have never liked the Brits. Mostly rude baldy people, getting too pished and expecting everybody to speak like them.

The locals in Spain have never liked the Brits. Mostly rude baldy people, getting too pished and expecting everybody to speak like them.

Aye MOST British visitors to Spain are like that eh!? What do you think of our Scottish stereotype when travelling abroad? It's about just as accurate!

3 hours ago, Bishop Briggs said:

Like it or not, Indyref2 requires another Referendum Act to be passed in Westminster (i.e May's Government) if it is to have full legal effect.  Otherwise, the Unionist parties can dismiss it as being consultative only. I will support a credible and deliverable independence plan but not one that includes the crap, ridiculous forecasts and barefaced lies that we got in the White Paper last time.

Under the EU's consolidated Treaties, Scotland can't apply to the join the EU whilst it is part of a Member State, i.e. the UK pre Brexit. Only independent nation states can apply for membership and the EU currently regards Scotland as a one of the UK's ten regions.  After Brexit, an independent Scotland would free to apply like any other nation state. It would have to go through the application process set out in the Treaties, i.e. demonstrate full compliance with the acquisition (EU law), including areas that are not currently devolved. 

The Scottish people should have a say in a referendum before re-joining the EU.

I remember that one of the main worries at the time of the last indy ref was what currency Scotland would have. No answer then but surely they can answer it now given the thinking time they have had. Anyone know?

18 minutes ago, terracingtam said:

I remember that one of the main worries at the time of the last indy ref was what currency Scotland would have. No answer then but surely they can answer it now given the thinking time they have had. Anyone know?

You remember wrong. 

If Scotland votes to exit the UK within the Brexit time table, I think the EU would likely do what it can to fudge some form of continuity agreement.

I think it's an absolute certainty given how they've fudged other membership applications in the past (Turkey being the notable exception).

28 minutes ago, terracingtam said:

Silly me, you will have to tell me please. Is it still the Groat.

It was the pound. Rejecting an answer because you would prefer an independent Scotland to be the first nation to not have a currency doesn't mean there wasn't an answer; it just means that your agenda of preventing Scotland from achieving statehood doesn't accord with it.

16 hours ago, AUFC90 said:

I think the risk of losing hundreds of thousands of jobs will outweigh that and can be fairly easily explained as well. David Davis has been Dublin a lot since the vote, that tells you something.

He likes Guinness?

32 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

There no delusion like self delusion.

rUK's export figures to the EU and vice versa are virtually the same as Scotland and rUK, how can the media spin it one way for rUK under Brexit and another way for us  under independence.

Obviously stupidity of the electorate is another thing where England are following USA's lead.

Verhofstadt in the Graun refuting Johnson's "punishment" angle but saying Britain won't be able to cherry pick what it fancies from Europe. Also acknowledging issues like the Irish border situation.

See when folk question the logic of favouring Brussels over Westminster? This situation is playing out my thoughts on the matter quite nicely. One is increasingly appearing like the adult in the room and the other is lead by clowns like Johnson, Davis and May.

Verhofstadt in the Graun refuting Johnson's "punishment" angle but saying Britain won't be able to cherry pick what it fancies from Europe. Also acknowledging issues like the Irish border situation.
See when folk question the logic of favouring Brussels over Westminster? This situation is playing out my thoughts on the matter quite nicely. One is increasingly appearing like the adult in the room and the other is lead by clowns like Johnson, Davis and May.

May's got a tough time of it without doubt, trying to cook dinner whilst her noisy squabbling toddlers keep throwing their toys out of the playpen.