Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

He is the PM of Scotland as well. 
And I believe he will not be there as it could be a few years until my circumstances change and I'm able to move.

Surely you’d rather escape the tyranny of the SNP and move to the land of milk and welfare cuts as quickly as possible?

I wonder if he'll resign before then? He's been saying constantly since the summer ''we are leaving on the 31st of October with our without a deal,''

Surely him signing it will force the Brexit Party to stand against him and even take votes from him? He can say in the campaign 'the parliament forced me to do this, I wanted us out on Halloween' etc ; but will that work with people who don't follow politics closely?

I can't see what he gains by signing this letter? Yes, it's law and he HAS to if he is PM ; He'll have looked like another politician who has just lied through his teeth and failed to deliver on a huge campaign promise of his. If he resigns he can then spout some shíte about how he is principled and he is not going to sign this letter etc ; and he will fight the election to get the UK out etc.

Then again  who knows, he does seem to have a Trump element to him - that a large minority of people will blindly back him no matter the lying - but it seems a bit of a risk for him - also he may well rile up the Brexit Party to fully push and attack them in the election campaign, and we seen in the EU election if people are pissed off, they will take votes of the Tories. They probably won't win seats, but it'll certainly help the SNP if say 5-10% of the Tory vote goes for the BP, we'll surely be looking at something similar to 2015 for the SNP.

1 hour ago, Glenanover said:

He is the PM of Scotland as well. 

And I believe he will not be there as it could be a few years until my circumstances change and I'm able to move.

See where to go mate? Go to Wales, aye go to Wales. England are just letting all they immigrants in. Know what I mean? 

4 minutes ago, DigOutYourSoul said:

Surely, surely, Boris has to go if he signs a letter requesting an extension.

I would say yes to that.

So basically if he doesn't manage to get his half baked deal passed by the EU and Parliament, he's fucked.

Guest Bob Mahelp
16 minutes ago, DigOutYourSoul said:

I think you're under-estimating the Trumpian tactics that Johnson has employed from day 1, and will continue to employ.

No matter the facts, he'll lie, lie, lie and lie again....and the right-wing cult that he's built up, together with the right-wing newspapers, will back him to the hilt. 

There is not a chance that he will resign. 

15 minutes ago, Bob Mahelp said:

I think you're under-estimating the Trumpian tactics that Johnson has employed from day 1, and will continue to employ.

No matter the facts, he'll lie, lie, lie and lie again....and the right-wing cult that he's built up, together with the right-wing newspapers, will back him to the hilt. 

And no doubt the Scottish Gov/t and the Scottish Courts will once again be blamed for frustrating Brexit.

As a Scot living in Englandshire, this pleases me greatly.

15 minutes ago, Bob Mahelp said:

I don’t think he will resign but I think it will cause him problems.

1 hour ago, DigOutYourSoul said:

Nah, he's up to something or rather Gollum is. He may be trying to outwit the court, stop them from sending the letter on his behalf.

Whatever, I don't  believe the fat, lying fraud.   Time will tell.

1 hour ago, Glenanover said:

Wales, no thanks.

I'm going to England.

If you have any sort of Scottish accent and I don't mean really heavy, be prepared to get some blank looks when you try to speak to anyone.

eta  I notice you don't say which football club you follow. Any reason for that?

Edited by cyderspaceman

13 minutes ago, cyderspaceman said:

Nah, he's up to something or rather Gollum is. He may be trying to outwit the court, stop them from sending the letter on his behalf.

Whatever, I don't  believe the fat, lying fraud.   Time will tell.

He either has a plan, or he is talking pish and on the 31st October will talk more pish to cover up the pish he's talking now.