Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

1 minute ago, Blue-Toon said:

Is it a coincidence that the DUP are on board just as this topic reaches page 1690?

:lol:   Probably not!

I'm wondering if the DUP have been promised another billion pound bung to support this non-deal.

10 minutes ago, UsedToGoToCentralPark said:
16 minutes ago, ICTJohnboy said:

He was 100% spot on.
This "Deal" was dead in the water as soon as BJ left the podium yesterday. No way will the EU accept it, no way will Parliament accept it.

Parliament will accept it. We now wait on the EU.

We will never get to know that as there is no intention to ever put this to a vote. The preferred option for the Tories is the EU rejecting it out of hand and that is how it has been framed.  I think Johnson and co would be gutted if the EU agreed to this and there would be major U-Turns before any vote (probably using the old we have them on the run lets chance our arm a bit more line to ensure it never gets to being voted on in the house)

1 hour ago, Kyle said:

Nice wee threat to labour mps thinking about backing the deal too. If they do, they risk having the whip removed.

Other than the DUP the Northern Irish parties/business groups have rejected the deal and the noises coming out of Europe this morning have been pretty negative. It's pretty much dead in the water even without MPs giving it a kicking.

I’m nowhere near a TV, has that come from Corbyn?  If so I am absolutely delighted to hear that.

13 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

I’m nowhere near a TV, has that come from Corbyn?  If so I am absolutely delighted to hear that.

I don't think he actually said that - just declared that his party will vote against, or that more accurately, no Labour MP will vote for it.

Can't you get Sky News on your phone or whatever you are communicating with?

Edited by ICTJohnboy

Why do they keep saying "deal" when the EU has not agreed to it (and almost certainly won't agree to it).

It's another divide and rule tactic that gullible gammons will lap up.

I've given up arguing with some of them because they have their heads so far in the ground that they are coming out of New Zealand.

Hell mend them when we have a No Deal and Scotland then fucks off from the Union.

2 hours ago, ICTJohnboy said:

:lol:   Probably not!

I'm wondering if the DUP have been promised another billion pound bung to support this non-deal.

Better than that.  Stormont gets to review their arrangement with the EU every 4 years.  Guaranteed bung every 4 years.  Why would they object?

Tusk has just tweeted that the EU stand fully behind Ireland, Also to BJ that "We remain open, but still unconvinced"

I can't see this "Deal" getting put before Parliament which as many are suggesting is all part of Boris's cunning plan.

It still all looks on course for Brexit to disappear by late November..

EU reject this proposal, so it never even comes to a Commons vote, the Commons vote on No Deal, a 2nd Ref soon, and reject both out of hand. The Supreme Court (potentially) sign off on an extension request, which the EU grants in agreement for a GE.

The GE produces a hung parliament, Tories have most seats but still cant pass any legislation, so the EU offers a revocation of A50 late November, and the whole thing is off.

Just cant see any other outcome at the moment.