Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

7 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Id be interested to ask, what would you define a party as which has set policies which; hurt/kill some of the poorest in the country (knowing this would happen), deports people who arrived in this country 50 years ago for no reason (they just happen to be exclusively black) then is forced to admit they were wrong when its highlighted, sends out internal memos that the aim is to create a ‘hostile environment’ towards immigration, seeks to privatise the nhs, is led by a man who has made numerous racist statements, including many against Scottish people and have spoken out in support of eroding workers rights? Nah mate not far right in the slightest.

Even accepting your points (and Baw Watchin’s) are 100% right - why is being tied to some near fascist countries in Europe the solution?

Glad to see that Brexit has damaged some people's brains so much that their personal Overton window has shifted far enough to consider the internment and deportation of Windrush folk as centerist policy.

13 minutes ago, Pet Jeden said:

Even accepting your points (and Baw Watchin’s) are 100% right - why is being tied to some near fascist countries in Europe the solution?

Because we aren't touching those "near fascist countries" like the one directly below us.

11 minutes ago, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

Glad to see that Brexit has damaged some people's brains so much that their personal Overton window has shifted far enough to consider the internment and deportation of Windrush folk as centerist policy.

Too far.

If you are going to be silly, you should go back to having a giggle with your misogynist gifs.

31 minutes ago, BawWatchin said:

It's classed as welfare by government. But that doesn't make it welfare. You don't say the wages recieved by those working in the public sector are welfare, just because it comes from government.

Everybody will get basic state pension irrespective of periods of illness, unemployment, study, pregnancy etc. What exactly would you classify as welfare?

9 minutes ago, Pet Jeden said:

Too far.

If you are going to be silly, you should go back to having a giggle with your misogynist gifs.

Is that you conceding the argument then aye ?

43 minutes ago, Pet Jeden said:

When we weren't tied to them economically they were far more dangerous and millions died.

1 minute ago, Pet Jeden said:

Nah. But if you are going to paint me as a supporter of Windrush deportations, then it's only fitting that I highlight your woman-hating tendencies.

I never painted you as a supporter of anything. You claimed Johnson/the tories weren't far right. I pointed out a Tory policy, and you've responded with an ad-hominem.

You made a rip roaring c**t of yourself with that thread a couple of years ago, accusing me of hitting women and all sorts. I really cannot be arsed trawling back through the thread, so pipe down please.

2 minutes ago, MixuFixit said:

Deporting Windrush folk. Where would you put it on a left-right spectrum?

Not sure that degree of unfairness and incompetence was a left-right thing. It was just plain wrong. The Labour party - not necessarily its supporters - tends to be more immigration friendly. But that immigration-friendliness tends to be more apparent in opposition than in power

17 minutes ago, Suspect Device said:

Why specifically that date?

I’m assuming it’s the earliest possible date.  I’m also assuming it is dependent upon an extension and No Deal being off the table.

10 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

I’m assuming it’s the earliest possible date.  I’m also assuming it is dependent upon an extension and No Deal being off the table.

Obviously no one's told Kirsty Blackman.

Edited by ICTJohnboy