Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

2 minutes ago, Highlandmagyar 2nd Tier said:

Well. That settles it. We must stay faithful with our friends in Greenland and stay true to Thursdays.

f**k that, the way forward is with the good people of Guyana, Philippines and Canada. 

Do all the universities finish on the same day? Surely there must be a lot of variation there also no? Squabbling over a few days here and there is (rightly or wrongly) likely to be seen as yet more petty squabbling. 

1 hour ago, Highlandmagyar 2nd Tier said:

Well. That settles it. We must stay faithful with our friends in Greenland and stay true to Thursdays.

...but what do we do when Greenland becomes the 51st state and we're pressured to switch to Tuesdays for a super great, the very best, economic pact with America?

tumblr_inline_mt7idnP32B1rflnou.gif

26 minutes ago, Stinky Bone said:

I just checked term dates for 2 universities, Manchester and London school of economics.  Both finish their term on Friday the 13th.  

Bojo wants the election on the 12th, the day before, during which many students may be travelling home and skiving the last day of school.  They will be too preoccupied with celebrations to vote.  

Convenient eh? 

He could put Jeremy Kyle back on and close the polling stations at lunch time, that would really fūck them.

The best chance we (and I mean the electorate) have of avoiding a majority Tory government is to frustrate the Brexiteers hoping that Farage will split the Tory vote.

I think is unlikely but we have to hope it will happen.

Also if the FTPA is to be amended try reducing the voting age to 16.

Going by Farage's comments I think it won't happen - two huge egos won't compromise - and Farage is not happy at Boris stealing his thunder.

He'll push that Boris's deal is just May's repackaged - that it is a BrINO deal.

1 hour ago, Stinky Bone said:

I just checked term dates for 2 universities, Manchester and London school of economics.  Both finish their term on Friday the 13th.  

Bojo wants the election on the 12th, the day before, during which many students may be travelling home and skiving the last day of school.  They will be too preoccupied with celebrations to vote.  

Convenient eh? 

Fair enough. About time we introduced online voting tbh. That's another discussion really but in this day and age I can't see any reason not to. I'd be tempted to make it mandatory as well but have a "none of the above" option on the ballot paper.

13 hours ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

Just out of curiosity, if a second referendum on leaving is undemocratic, how long before a referendum to rejoin is acceptable?

Did anyone utter the phrase "once in a generation" during the last one? I feel this may be important.

I don't think it matters what was said as Brexit has proved you can lie through your teeth and nothing will be done about it.

Is it that easily hacked though? I don't claim to be any sort of expert on cyber security but surely with the amount of sensitive stuff that is done online these days then surely this is not an insurmountable challenge. Some countries already do it and its bound to come in at some point (I mean, are we still going to be having to trudge down to the local polling station in 50 years? I'd be surprised.) So let's just get on with it. 

1 hour ago, EH75 said:

Is it that easily hacked though? I don't claim to be any sort of expert on cyber security but surely with the amount of sensitive stuff that is done online these days then surely this is not an insurmountable challenge. Some countries already do it and its bound to come in at some point (I mean, are we still going to be having to trudge down to the local polling station in 50 years? I'd be surprised.) So let's just get on with it. 

I certainly won't be...

2 hours ago, EH75 said:

Going by the current sympathy towards fascist dictatorship, we'll have done away with daft anachronisms like voting people in to political office by then.

Not even sure if I'm kidding there TBH.

4 hours ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

Going by the current sympathy towards fascist dictatorship, we'll have done away with daft anachronisms like voting people in to political office by then.

Not even sure if I'm kidding there TBH.

At least we will get to hang Boris upside down from a lamppost at the end of it all. That's how fascism works, right? 

Think the SNP/LibDem bill will go through, Johnson doesn't want to see his crappy WA ripped apart line by line in committee just before an election, and Labour are utterly split and unlikely to deliver the votes for a 2/3rds majority. The SNP/LibDem plan just needs a simple majority, so no need for Labour or DUP votes.

Edited by welshbairn