Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

2 minutes ago, bendan said:

Saying the EU has a trade deal with the US is like telling the teacher you've done your homework but you just forgot to bring it. The US and EU trade on WTO rules, just as it trades with 'rogue state' China.

Well no, that's not true. The EU and the US have imposed exceptional tariffs on each other as part of a trade war and the EU has imposed exceptional tariffs on China for years because of their habit of dumping cheap goods and steel, especially on European markets.  The UK was fined 2Bn Euros for its part in facilitating Chinese trade fraud. https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/mar/08/uk-faces-2bn-fine-over-chinese-imports-scam-say-eu-anti-fraud-investigators

Is it possible you don't know what you're talking about?  You should probably consider it.

Isn't there something odd about pushing the London Remainer view on this when the reason they opted for trying to make the 2016 referendum a shitfest of ill informed economic arguments (from both sides) was because 'it worked in the Scottish Referendum'.

8 minutes ago, Baxter Parp said:

Well no, that's not true. The EU and the US have imposed exceptional tariffs on each other as part of a trade war and the EU has imposed exceptional tariffs on China for years because of their habit of dumping cheap goods and steel, especially on European markets.  The UK was fined 2Bn Euros for its part in facilitating Chinese trade fraud. https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/mar/08/uk-faces-2bn-fine-over-chinese-imports-scam-say-eu-anti-fraud-investigators

Is it possible you don't know what you're talking about?  You should probably consider it.

The exceptional tariffs are allowed under WTO rules. There will ultimately be a ruling on each claim by the WTO.

https://ec.europa.eu/commission/presscorner/detail/en/ip_20_1405

Edited by bendan

23 minutes ago, bendan said:

So you're actually claiming the EU and US don't trade on WTO rules? It's great to think that after years of posting on this kind of stuff you aren't even aware of basic things like that.

Fucking hell. I'm saying the EU and the US already have an FT deal and it's so complex and hateful that it won't pass. It took them fucking years and it still won't pass. Only a fucking moron would think this stuff is super easy.  Like Michael Gove or something. Yes, the EU trade on WTO rules because the alternative is too fucking hard.

6 hours ago, Baxter Parp said:

Yes, the EU trade on WTO rules because the alternative is too fucking hard.

I respect you for admitting you were wrong, but just spending a wee bit more time reading and a wee bit less time posting would, I think, be very helpful.

6 hours ago, Baxter Parp said:

Only a fucking moron would think this stuff is super easy.  

Indeed. The kind of moron who would think that the UK not having made trade agreements covering 92% of its trade about 7 months after it was permitted to start negotiating its own deals was something alarming and surprising.

Just now, bendan said:

Indeed. The kind of moron who would think that the UK not having made trade agreements covering 92% of its trade about 7 months after it was permitted to start negotiating its own deals was something alarming and surprising.

We're about four months from Armageddon, Bendy. Are you drunk?

Just now, Baxter Parp said:

We're about four months from Armageddon, Bendy. Are you drunk?

We're four months away from a very painful situation because we don't have a deal with the EU. Anyone who thinks anything other than that is of even remotely close significance simply doesn't understand.

1 minute ago, Baxter Parp said:

You haven't understood my point at all. The only thing that matters right now is getting a deal with the EU. We might still manage that, but it's doubtful. Deals with other countries and regions are not of great significance right now compared to our talks with the EU.

Is that clearer?

2 minutes ago, bendan said:

You haven't understood my point at all. The only thing that matters right now is getting a deal with the EU. We might still manage that, but it's doubtful. Deals with other countries and regions are not of great significance right now compared to our talks with the EU.

Is that clearer?

Well done for constructing a sentence. That was not your point all those aeons ago.  f**k knows what your point was all those aeons ago. If that's your point now then good for you.

On 20/08/2020 at 22:35, bendan said:

And the key point is whether we do a deal with the EU or not - the rest is largely irrelevant.

I said the above back on Thursday. You've been vigorously trying to tell us it's alarming that we don't have agreements in place for much of the rest of our trade.

Edited by bendan

3 minutes ago, bendan said:

I said the above back on Thursday. You've been vigorously trying to tell us it's alarming that we don't have agreements in place for much of the rest of our trade.

My eyes aren't rolling, they're spinning.  Good luck, Bendy, you're going to need it.