Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

6 minutes ago, John Lambies Doos said:

Ask@Welshbairn. He's running a book

Book closed at midnight. I wouldn't be surprised if they agree to put off some matters of disagreement to sort out later, and keep things going as they are. Boris will wave a big treaty to show we've got a deal on his own terms, when in reality we've agreed to a further extension for all practical purposes.

Edited by welshbairn

2 hours ago, welshbairn said:

Book closed at midnight. I wouldn't be surprised if they agree to put off some matters of disagreement to sort out later, and keep things going as they are. Boris will wave a big treaty to show we've got a deal on his own terms, when in reality we've agreed to a further extension for all practical purposes.

So all bets would be declared null and void then?

And the public being told on BBC not to, as theres definitely no need.

Which now means panic buying from this point onwards is absolutely guaranteed.

2 hours ago, welshbairn said:

That will only happen if nothing changes to fishing on January 1, will Johnson concede that?

Edited by Granny Danger

Just now, Granny Danger said:

That will only happen if nothing changes to fishing on January 1, will zjohnson concede that?

He'll dump them in a flash, like he did the DUP after blagging an invitation to speak at their party conference when he told them he was behind them all the way, and he'd build a tunnel to the mainland.

8 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Nope, that would mean both a deal AND an extension, so you'd owe double! :rolleyes:

No I bet on No Deal, and even if there is some fudged, cobbled together "deal", I'll still need to scrutinise it to decide if it really is a deal.

3 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

He'll dump them in a flash, like he did the DUP after blagging an invitation to speak at their party conference when he told them he was behind them all the way, and he'd build a tunnel to the mainland.

Was it not a bridge?

5 hours ago, Michael W said:

I don't disagree with that. The primary benefit is that EU imports won't be subject to tariffs and UK exporters won't be at a competitive disadvantage as a result. I think a lot of these benefits are "lost" on a lot of people, but anything to avoid increase in prices or UK exporters facing additional issues are welcome. 

Tariffs on EU imports are up to the UK government, so they could always cut them if they are causing problems. The current average EU tariff on non agricultural items is only about 2.8% (but high on a few select items). For most UK exporters, it won't be the tariff that's the problem but the paperwork, delays at ports, and general logistical issues (like truck drivers not having permits).

11 minutes ago, ICTJohnboy said:

No I bet on No Deal, and even if there is some fudged, cobbled together "deal", I'll still need to scrutinise it to decide if it really is a deal.

We may have to get an independent arbitrator in to decide what a deal is. Personally I'd take Boris's word on it. He's an honourable man who always keeps his word and puts his country first, never himself.

Just now, welshbairn said:

We may have to get an independent arbitrator in to decide what a deal is. Personally I'd take Boris's word on it. He's an honourable man who always keeps his word and puts his country first, never himself.

Pubs in Inverness still open I guess?

30 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

It’s not the fisherpeople Johnson needs to worry about, it’s the rabid Tory MPs.  If fishing rights are extended they will be apoplectic.

50 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

It's actually rather painful to watch representatives of the fishing industry come out and say how much they hope the UK will hold out, when everyone knows Johnson is about to sell them out.

43 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

It’s not the fisherpeople Johnson needs to worry about, it’s the rabid Tory MPs.  If fishing rights are extended they will be apoplectic.

That's what the DUP thought, then Jacob Rees Mogg told the ERG to shutthefuckup.