Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

On ‎23‎/‎08‎/‎2017 at 11:37, WhiteRoseKillie said:

Chances of this lot getting any kind of deal which will satisfy anyone are on a par with Killie finishing top six this season. 

I've had a gradually growing suspicion for a couple of months now that we're not actually, really going to leave - how it will play out is subject to a lot of factors, including how pissed off the Europeans get with Davis' arrogance, May's incompetence, and Johnson's sheer offensiveness. 

I get the feeling that Parliament is going to be unmissable viewing when they're all back. Many whispers of revolt on the Government benches: maybe even buying votes at half-a-Neymar a time won't save them from another 2017 election. 

On a par with Kilmarnock merging with St Johnstone - I would say.

4 hours ago, Cerberus said:

DH8Xm70W0AEFwdz.jpg

So there's this headline on migration and now BoJo has backed down and said that Britain will need to pay the divorce bill.

What a complete disgrace Brexit has been.

It has been a disgrace and I'm glad that all the fabricated claims are now being aired!

feel free to add to this list:

- The big red £350 million NHS bus

- Immigration figures exaggerated

- Imnigrants are taking Britons jobs (I don't know many Brits who are happy to do cleaning and low skill jobs)

- List of countries that will want to do trade deals with (I've counted 4 or 5 so far)

- We stop paying money into the EU (not looking likely with talk of a transitional deal, as well as, the divorce bill)

4 minutes ago, zidane's child said:

It has been a disgrace and I'm glad that all the fabricated claims are now being aired!

- Imnigrants are taking Britons jobs (I don't know many Brits who are happy to do cleaning and low skill jobs)

- List of countries that will want to do trade deals with (I've counted 4 or 5 so far)

- We stop paying money into the EU (not looking likely with talk of a transitional deal, as well as, the divorce bill)

"The people have spoken though."

That's what my Dad said to me while I was ripping into him the other day.

12 hours ago, Joey Jo Jo Junior Shabadoo said:

"The people have spoken though."

That's what my Dad said to me while I was ripping into him the other day.

"The vote was a clear mandate to leave the single market and end freedom of movement, and we must honour that."

"What about all the good stuff the leave campaign promised us?"

"Go f*ck yourself."

1 hour ago, strichener said:

Yes, it does seem exceedingly complex to leave an organisation that has such little influence over us. :whistle

There is no chance of us duplicating all the regulatory bodies we share with the other 27 countries, at least in the short term, and it would be hugely wasteful to try. So we'll just abide by their rules whilst having no influence. "Taking back control!" lol

16 hours ago, zidane's child said:

It is turning into a complete and utter nightmare - and one which could completely bankrupt the UK.

Time to change the thread title?

Major policy shift by Labour; reading between the lines it could even lead to a total shift regarding the Single Market in the longer term.

This will make thinks far more difficult for the Tories and confirm the irrelevance of the rump of Lib Dems.

It will be interesting to see how the polls will look in a couple of weeks.

1 hour ago, Granny Danger said:

Major policy shift by Labour; reading between the lines it could even lead to a total shift regarding the Single Market in the longer term.

This will make thinks far more difficult for the Tories and confirm the irrelevance of the rump of Lib Dems.

It will be interesting to see how the polls will look in a couple of weeks.

To be fair, this should have been Labour's stance from day one, seen as they're looking for a Brexit that focuses on the safety of jobs and trade.

My only worry is that Labour will change policy on this again in a few months time.

To be fair, this should have been Labour's stance from day one, seen as they're looking for a Brexit that focuses on the safety of jobs and trade.

My only worry is that Labour will change policy on this again in a few months time.

They're basically following public opinion as opposed to attempting to lead it. Tony Blair would approve

I wouldn't worry about it changing unless something happens to make Hard Brexit suddenly popular.

19 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

They're basically following public opinion as opposed to attempting to lead it. Tony Blair would approve

I wouldn't worry about it changing unless something happens to make Hard Brexit suddenly popular.

Was a Hard Brexit ever going to happen? It seemed to me like the wet dream of the Tories and UKIP before the GE.

Was a Hard Brexit ever going to happen? It seemed to me like the wet dream of the Tories and UKIP before the GE.

Some Tories

It's as if the Business orientated, heartless capitalist side of the Tory party has handed the xenophobic little Englander side enough rope to hang itself with.

I doubt they've given up entirely

On 25/08/2017 at 16:00, Cerberus said:

DH8Xm70W0AEFwdz.jpg

So there's this headline on migration and now BoJo has backed down and said that Britain will need to pay the divorce bill.

What a complete disgrace Brexit has been.

Whatever the price is if it has to be paid so be it.

Get out as quickly as we can.

You know it makes sense.

Edited by sureiknow