Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

On ‎18‎/‎01‎/‎2017 at 15:32, doulikefish said:

On ‎18‎/‎01‎/‎2017 at 15:38, Jacksgranda said:

20% of HSBC on the move. Perhaps

Perhaps not.

http://news.sky.com/story/hsbc-profits-jump-five-fold-amid-pivot-to-asia-11105552

6 minutes ago, Baxter Parp said:

Why should they give up, that's what we voted for that's what we should get.

7 minutes ago, Baxter Parp said:

Nobody normal voted for this, they were fed unremitting bullshit and outright lies.

As was I in 97, I still don't remember anyone saving us from New Labour.

2 minutes ago, Baxter Parp said:

Nobody normal voted for this, they were fed unremitting bullshit and outright lies.

The voters still chose to go with the bullshit and lies even though they were told repeatedly it was all bullshit and lies. It's not as if they weren't informed that a leave vote would be an economic catastrophe. They voted for it anyway, and now we are all going to have to swallow the shit sandwich for years to come on the back of it.

The idea that because we have collectively done something stupid then we should not try to reverse it is possibly worse than having done it in the first place.

There are times in life when you do something stupid and do not get a chance to redress that before it is too late, that is not the situation here; we actually have the opportunity to change our collective mind before committing this act of lunacy.

FWIW I honestly believe that if there was a second referendum the vote would be Remain.  I know it would piss off a huge amount of people but a) it would be the right thing to do and b) the overwhelming number of people that would be pissed off are tossers anyway.  Win/win.

Maybe if we examine the long term structural reasons behind the Brexit vote and then run a campaign that doesn't focus on what Brexit will mean for the FTSE 100 businesses and the City of London there'll be a good chance of a Remain vote. Or we could just blame Russia as people are starting to do.

Maybe if we examine the long term structural reasons behind the Brexit vote and then run a campaign that doesn't focus on what Brexit will mean for the FTSE 100 businesses and the City of London there'll be a good chance of a Remain vote. Or we could just blame Russia as people are starting to do.

I'd probably still vote for Brexit again.

I would love to see the reaction on here if there was a second vote and it also went in favour of Leave.

I'd probably still vote for Brexit again.

I would love to see the reaction on here if there was a second vote and it also went in favour of Leave.

Obvs I'd rather a Remain but I do agree I'm unconvinced the vote would be different if it was held again.

The idea that because we have collectively done something stupid then we should not try to reverse it is possibly worse than having done it in the first place.

There are times in life when you do something stupid and do not get a chance to redress that before it is too late, that is not the situation here; we actually have the opportunity to change our collective mind before committing this act of lunacy.

FWIW I honestly believe that if there was a second referendum the vote would be Remain.  I know it would piss off a huge amount of people but a) it would be the right thing to do and b) the overwhelming number of people that would be pissed off are tossers anyway.  Win/win.

Picture the scene. A 2nd referendum takes place due to may being unable to get a good deal. England and Wales again vote to leave but by a smaller margin and Scotland's remain votes carry the day.

Can you imagine the seethe? Farage, Rees mogg and the rest of them.

I know it's a fantasy as scotlands votes don't matter a fu*k but it would be glorious. I'd love to see how much they love Scotland then.

ETA I think it'd be a leave vote again anyway tbh