Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

Billionaire James Dyson thinks a Hard Brexit will be good because it will get round Britain’s “very difficult” employment laws.
He told the BBC’s Andrew Marr: “This is controversial, but since I don’t know what orders I’m going to get next month or next year, and the manufacturing industry is very volatile, not being able to flex your workforce is another reason why you wouldn’t start or expand a manufacturing business.”
So he is particularly looking forward to the moment when Brits have no workers rights, the country is a mass labour pool, and companies have the flexibility to take from and and drop off workers are they see fit.
That sounds fun for people with mortgages.
What part of Brexit are you most excited about?

James Dyson is a c**t.

19 hours ago, Cerberus said:

Billionaire James Dyson thinks a Hard Brexit will be good because it will get round Britain’s “very difficult” employment laws.
He told the BBC’s Andrew Marr: “This is controversial, but since I don’t know what orders I’m going to get next month or next year, and the manufacturing industry is very volatile, not being able to flex your workforce is another reason why you wouldn’t start or expand a manufacturing business.”

So he is particularly looking forward to the moment when Brits have no workers rights, the country is a mass labour pool, and companies have the flexibility to take from and and drop off workers are they see fit.

It sucks

1 hour ago, doulikefish said:

Union of equals at work again.The amendment to the brexit bill allowing devolved nations a say is voted down

The Government is a squabbling shambles, the economy is heading into the gutter and no one is directing Brexit but one thing that's always constant, the Scots are 2nd class citizens.

Not so fast.
https://www.forbes.com/sites/francescoppola/2017/11/12/british-lawmaker-advises-investors-to-take-their-money-out-of-the-uk/#61eeef5b4c1e
In an op-ed in the Financial Times, the Chief Global Strategist for Charles Stanley, John Redwood, advises investors to remove their money from the United Kingdom. “Time to look further afield as the UK economy hits the brakes”, says his headline.

I just don't know what to believe now. 

Is that the same John Redwood, the Tory MP who campaigned for Brexit?

6 hours ago, MeadowArab said:

I just don't know what to believe now. 

Is that the same John Redwood, the Tory MP who campaigned for Brexit?

The very same.

To be fair to him, he might argue that this a normal cycle downturn in growth which will be more than compensated for by our exponential growth once we are "free from the shackles of the EU".

I guess we'll find out in a few years.

Edited by Suspect Device

On ‎14‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 00:27, Cerberus said:

Yes, and he cited Singapore as a role model for the sort of state he wishes the UK to become; an autocratic regimented pocket of worker ants shorn of welfare provision.  I have no problem with the likes of Dyson being accorded air time, but like fellow turbo-capitalists Anthony Bamford of JCB and Tim Martin of Wetherspoons, viewers and listeners should be reminded that far from being representative of British companies these people are at the outer right-wing extreme  - context is everything.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-41986090

Dutch prepping for a hard Brexit and serious economic fall out. 

And what about the claim that the EU needs the UK just as much as the UK needs the EU?
"If you want to dream, do it at night," he suggested.
When it comes to those UK-EU negotiations, it seems the current betting here is on failure.

1 hour ago, dorlomin said:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-41986090

Dutch prepping for a hard Brexit and serious economic fall out. 

The trade gap between the UK and Germany will no doubt have some Brexiteers smiling and claiming that it will hit Germany harder than us.  I don't know what sort of things we export but I am aware that many, many of the businesses that I deal with import, amongst other things, machinery that they simply cannot source elsewhere.  The impact on the UK economy in the event of a hard Brexit will go way beyond having to pay more for high end cars.