Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

Wes flapping and talking unintelligible bollocks again.   The 2016 referendum and 2014 had opposite results you can't compare them economically.   The premise of the question is illogical. 

Didn't I say there isn't a parallel between the two? 'unintelligible bollocks' from someone who has had to re-register himself on a f*ckin Internet forum with a new username to distance himself from the stream of shite he had previously contributed, f*ckin desperate mate!

Yes and any tarrifs do not apply till we leave.  The UK government has obviously promised to mitigate any costs Nissan incurs after we leave.   Making the UK worse off just to generate no jobs and with the prize, only of not losing the Nissan ones.  And is being trumpeted like we just hit the mohne dam.

From the FT.
Nissan warned the British government that the carmaker would wind down UK operations if it was not guaranteed competitive trading conditions with Europe, according to two people involved in negotiations over future investment in its Sunderland plant.
During talks that led to a meeting between Theresa May and Nissan chief Carlos Ghosn, the Japanese carmaker said it was prepared to shift production to its Spanish and French factories in a move that would lead to the closure of its British plant and other UK sites.

Government assurances offered to Nissan led to its decision this week to locate two new cars at the plant from 2019, safeguarding more than 30,000 jobs at the site and in its supply chain.

3 minutes ago, kilbowie2002 said:

Its not smug, we quite clearly said before the referendum that concessions would have to be made to manufacturers to retain market confidence post brexit, concessions which would put us even further back, this is undoubtedly what has happened with Nissan (unless you believe they came to downing street and Theresa May asked them to just do it for good ole blighty and gave an emotional speech about dam busters whilst jerusalem played in the background and the Nissan folks were just overwhelmed by patriotism?). Yet the government plays this as some kind of victory post brexit. Most of my fellow remainers are only trying to point out at this time that in politics and business when you loose money/influence/revenue/make concessions to keep something the same you cant claim it as a victory.

Nissan received a £40m grant in 2000,  £20m grant in 2010, £9.3 million in 2012 and £9.6 million in January.  All of these were to complement investment by Nissan and all were welcomed by the governments of the day. 

Of course this pales into insignificance against the €220 million of EU money but I assume that the remainers can claim this as a victory for the EU. :whistle

I am not hearing much about the level of sterling and how this will help Nissan.  A company that used the high value of sterling in 2000 to leverage that £40million from the government (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/1344147/Pound-is-threat-to-12000-jobs-says-Nissan-boss.html)

5 minutes ago, Peppino Impastato said:

Yes and any tarrifs do not apply till we leave.  The UK government has obviously promised to mitigate any costs Nissan incurs after we leave.   Making the UK worse off just to generate no jobs and with the prize, only of not losing the Nissan ones.  And is being trumpeted like we just hit the mohne dam.

So obvious that no-one has provided any evidence?

1 minute ago, kilbowie2002 said:

We will not find out the specifics of it until freedom of information comes into play as i sincerely doubt either party will voluntarily offer what has been agreed, also the deal id imagine will be for when Britain does leave the EU. I mean if you dont honestly think there has been some kind of financial arrangement made to the detriment of the tax payer then fair enough i doubt i'll persuade you.

If this is the case then both the government and Nissan are lying.  Perhaps the low level of sterling that I have mentioned previously was used to forward an argument to build in Britain?

Yet you drew a parallel between the two with your post.   Celebrate protestant supremacy in a foreign country today wes?   Honour the murder of catholics at All? 

Please just do one Pep, it's clear you're just an angry young guy who would start a fight by himself in a phone box. Your tired insults are no longer worth responding to.

We will not find out the specifics of it until freedom of information comes into play as i sincerely doubt either party will voluntarily offer what has been agreed, also the deal id imagine will be for when Britain does leave the EU. I mean if you dont honestly think there has been some kind of financial arrangement made to the detriment of the tax payer then fair enough i doubt i'll persuade you.

I'm not saying that isn't the case KB, but surely at least some evidence (even an indication) would have come to light by now? It certainly hasn't to my knowledge?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-37795464

"There was "no cheque book" involved in the assurances given to Nissan ahead of its decision to boost UK production, Business Secretary Greg Clark has said.

"Speaking on BBC Question Time, Mr Clark indicated there had been no offer of financial compensation or state aid.

"There's no cheque book. I don't have a cheque book," he said."

28 minutes ago, Bishop Briggs said:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-37795464

"There was "no cheque book" involved in the assurances given to Nissan ahead of its decision to boost UK production, Business Secretary Greg Clark has said.

"Speaking on BBC Question Time, Mr Clark indicated there had been no offer of financial compensation or state aid.

"There's no cheque book. I don't have a cheque book," he said."

^^^Didn't watch Question Time.

The c**t was squirming. Obviously they took Paypal instead.