Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

13 minutes ago, Baxter Parp said:

https://money.cnn.com/2018/08/01/news/sanofi-uk-brexit-stockpile/index.html

Sanofi and Novartis are stockpiling drugs to prepare for Brexit

Medicine is being stockpiled in the United Kingdom in preparation for a messy Brexit.

This is all perfectly normal.

I think I’ll start stockpiling drugs too.  Just to be on the safe side.

https://money.cnn.com/2018/08/01/news/sanofi-uk-brexit-stockpile/index.html
Sanofi and Novartis are stockpiling drugs to prepare for Brexit
Medicine is being stockpiled in the United Kingdom in preparation for a messy Brexit.
This is all perfectly normal.

The EMA upped sticks and left the UK back in Autumn last year. They knew this shit storm was coming.
This went by, quietly under the radar without even a whisper from Jeremy Hunt, the then Health Secretary, never mind a contingency plan on how it’s regulatory framework would be replaced.

11 hours ago, aDONisSheep said:

Not true, the Chequers deal was underpinned by collective responsibilty.  Shytebags that didn't agree with it,  had their chance to voice their disquiet at the time

Two absolutely spineless knvts decided that they would lie and use it as an opportunity to undermine her.

They let her believe that they were in rough alignment, only to embarrass her at the first opportunity.  Not out of principle (they could have done that at the weekend before the announcement).  Instead they waited till after the agreed announcement, then shot her in the back once she'd made the statement.

I can't stand Theresa May, but Davis and Johnson are amongst the least trustworthy, most self-serving knvts, that have ever appeared at Westminster.

Yours

aDONis 

You seem genuinely surprised at all of this, which in itself I find hugely surprising. 

3 minutes ago, Cerberus said:

The need to stockpile food is another Remoaner scare story. There will be enough innovative jam for everyone.

Seen a conversation on Facebook recently where someone was talking about the issues in jam production in the UK due to a shortage of fruit pickers, as a result of EU employees quitting to move elsewhere. One pro-brexit idiot went from "The jobs can go to British workers" to "Farms are all moving to machines anyway so we don't need the workers" without pausing for space between sentences or consideration of the impact of what he was saying.

45 minutes ago, Ross. said:

Seen a conversation on Facebook recently where someone was talking about the issues in jam production in the UK due to a shortage of fruit pickers, as a result of EU employees quitting to move elsewhere. One pro-brexit idiot went from "The jobs can go to British workers" to "Farms are all moving to machines anyway so we don't need the workers" without pausing for space between sentences or consideration of the impact of what he was saying.

Even if Brexit is simply called off I cannot see workers from Europe being as keen to come here as they have been in the past.

A combination of the fact that xenophobia has become far more in your face and the fact that Brexiteers will not go quietly, causing ongoing uncertainty, will create an atmosphere where potential European immigrants will be far more cautious.

So even if Brexit doesn’t go ahead it will cause some economic and social harm.

1 hour ago, Ross. said:

One of my favourites was someone pointing out that there will be no Uranium for power stations post-Brexit.
One Brexiteer's response was "make our own. Simple as."

I assume he means create Uranium by birthing a supernova using the faces of 1000s of hate-filled Gammons.

One of my favourites was someone pointing out that there will be no Uranium for power stations post-Brexit.
I assume he means create Uranium by birthing a supernova using the faces of 1000s of hate-filled Gammons.

I always find British made Uranium to be a little bland. Much prefer the imported stuff from elsewhere.

29 minutes ago, Cerberus said:

So Hinckley 2 is getting cancelled?

#brexitdividends

46 minutes ago, Cerberus said:

That is what we are up against.

On 8/1/2018 at 15:26, RedRob72 said:

The benefits of hindsight I guess, the Government didn’t foresee a vote to leave in any circumstances, it’s still a good post however. Would anyone on either side of the border want to go back to the days before the GFA?

I always find this quite funny. I'm never quite sure if it is true and they are really inept and just didn't foresee it or they knew plain well but just gambled on it not happening.

There's always talk about how it was so unexpected but even well before the referendum was called, opinion polls were actually pretty divided with it not being uncommon for reputable pollster to give results that leaving the EU is a more popular public opinion.  In the poll of polls for the year leading up to the vote, it was something like 1.5-2% in favour of remain, not something that decisive.

It's quite like the whole thing with Trump's election being very unexpected. Actually looking into it and seeing the state by state polling (which actually mattered), a massive number of states were very tight. Adding the states that were literally tied to the ones that he lead in and he was over the 270 electoral votes weeks before the election. Broadcasters (and ourselves) were all just looking in the wrong places for the outcome.

16 hours ago, Cerberus said:

I don't mean to be pedantic but I think you could probably make Uranium by bombarding some other element with neutrons and it will then decay into Uranium.

We're only talking a few atoms here.  Will that be enough?