Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

7 minutes ago, strichener said:

If it was a purely Scottish franchise then you would have a point.

I hope not, Scotland will at some point in the future have another referendum.  Hopefully we choose a different path from the last one.

But you're suggesting that the First Minister of Scotland and the political party elected to govern Scotland by the Scottish electorate should not be protecting the interests of the Scottish people.

So what exactly do you think their purpose should be?

Just now, strichener said:

Of course they will be wrong, unless you are suggesting that the Supreme Court will be deciding based on politics rather than law.  If so then you will also be ready to excuse the behaviour of all those that have been accusing the High Court of the very same.

Whilst critical of the previous judgement, I have every confidence that the decision was made by the judges using their interpretation of the law and not on political grounds.  I am confident that the Supreme Court will do likewise.

I think we may have wires crossed there. I'm not suggesting that the Supreme Court would make a decision based on politics, I'm suggesting that the UK as a political entity does not care about the welfare of Scotland, or indeed any of the regions outside of London and the South East, irrespective of the Supreme Court judgement.

51 minutes ago, Ross. said:

I think we may have wires crossed there. I'm not suggesting that the Supreme Court would make a decision based on politics, I'm suggesting that the UK as a political entity does not care about the welfare of Scotland, or indeed any of the regions outside of London and the South East, irrespective of the Supreme Court judgement.

Must have been.  I agree with the remainder of your post.

54 minutes ago, Poo said:

But you're suggesting that the First Minister of Scotland and the political party elected to govern Scotland by the Scottish electorate should not be protecting the interests of the Scottish people.

So what exactly do you think their purpose should be?

No I am not suggesting that at all.  I explicitly don't think that what the Scottish Government has announced today has anything to do with protecting the interests of the Scottish people.  If that were the case then they should have raised their own legal challenge already.  This is political posturing.

1 hour ago, strichener said:

No I am not suggesting that at all.  I explicitly don't think that what the Scottish Government has announced today has anything to do with protecting the interests of the Scottish people.  If that were the case then they should have raised their own legal challenge already.  This is political posturing.

They are raising their own legal challenge. Do you pay any attention at all?

8 hours ago, Highlandmagyar said:

Such anger! Still I understand. It can't be easy being on the losing side of an independence referendum. Don't worry the hurt will fade and you will be fine.

You should know - you were a remainer in the Brexit campaign. Thankfully your craven servility kicked in after a moment's muted rebellion against massa.

3 minutes ago, John Lambies Doos said:

The fukwhit is suffering from Stockholm syndrome

It's interesting though that he briefly had a moment of realisation that England and Wales taking Scotland out of the EU despite the latter's cross-the-board decision to remain was an unacceptable breach of a supposed "partnership" of nations. How he's got from that realisation/decision to now demanding it happen is anyone's guess.

I guess even Patty Hearst must have had moments of lucidity before going back to robbing banks for the Symbionese Liberation Army.

21 minutes ago, strichener said:

Obviously more than you or perhaps you are just too thick to understand. The SG are seeking to be heard in the appeal. That is not raising their own challenge in any legal sense.

They are mounting a legal challenge in order to be heard in the appeal. If that fails, they will mount a legal challenge against the PM bypassing parliamentary debate. They won't be the only one's either.

1 hour ago, Antlion said:

It's interesting though that he briefly had a moment of realisation that England and Wales taking Scotland out of the EU despite the latter's cross-the-board decision to remain was an unacceptable breach of a supposed "partnership" of nations. How he's got from that realisation/decision to now demanding it happen is anyone's guess.

I guess even Patty Hearst must have had moments of lucidity before going back to robbing banks for the Symbionese Liberation Army.

Another totally ridiculous statement.  Also anti-English and Anti-Welsh.

1 million Scottish citizens voted Brexit.......There are around 800,000 Scots living in rUK. What's the betting the vast majority of those voted Brexit. I would say a  very large percentage did.

Also, many areas of England  had a far higher remain vote than ANYWHERE in Scotland!

And.................( this is the biggy)........ 32% of Scottish Voters  DID NOT VOTE AT ALL!! Meaning more than half of Scottish voters failed to vote Remain.

So that's totally f*cked your disingenuous and prejudiced premise !

Edited by McSpreader

And.................( this is the biggy)........ 32% of Scottish Voters  DID NOT VOTE AT ALL!! Meaning more than half of Scottish voters failed to vote Remain.

They failed to vote.
They didn't fail to vote for one side or the other.

22 minutes ago, McSpreader said:

1 million Scottish citizens voted Brexit.......There are around 800,000 Scots living in rUK. What's the betting the vast majority of those voted Brexit. I would say a  very large percentage did.

!

None of the many Scots I know south of the border voted for Brexit

Just now, WILLIEA said:

None of the many Scots I know south of the border voted for Brexit

And yet every one I know did vote for Brexit.......as well as 1 million Scots North of the Border.....It would be good if we did have a breakdown of how Scots in rUK voted....But we never will for sure!

43 minutes ago, McSpreader said:

Another totally ridiculous statement.  Also anti-English and Anti-Welsh.

Also, many areas of England  had a far higher remain vote than ANYWHERE in Scotland!

So that's totally f*cked your disingenuous and prejudiced premise !

If you're playing that game than more than half of Scottish voters failed to endorse Scotland's place as a region of the UK state. At least we won't have to listen any more of your shite about Scotland voting to remain in the UK in 2014 - going by the number of voters who actually voted (which you suddenly want to do), less than fifty per cent of all who could vote said "No thanks - we're wi' Alistair".

Edited by Antlion