Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

9 minutes ago, doulikefish said:

I always wondered how Boris's message that stopping EU immigration would open the gates for the ex-Colonies would play with Oldham/Billericay man. Turns out it's one lie they classified correctly and ignored.

Just now, strichener said:

No.  The aid budget is nothing to do with the EU.

Try explaining that one to about 99% of brexiters. Brexit was going to save us miliions...... no, BILLIONS of pounds (from somewhere).

29 minutes ago, WILLIEA said:

Really?  When did this aid stop?  Have we stopped providing grants?

The DFID have not released any data on 2016 disbursements although we were promised that it would stop by the end of 2015 (the year in which we paid £150m).  Are you taking the Government at their word now?  

Edited by strichener

18 minutes ago, Poo said:

Try explaining that one to about 99% of brexiters. Brexit was going to save us miliions...... no, BILLIONS of pounds (from somewhere).

The UK contribution to the EU Aid budget was over £400m in 2015.  A small fraction of the UK aid budget but it is millions.

12 hours ago, Antlion said:

So just to keep me up to speed here, you're actually claiming that Scots who oppose the nation of Scotland being completely integrated via political union must be prejudiced against the other nations (and their people) within that union; but Brits who oppose the nation of the UK being integrated (even loosely) via political union are not prejudiced against the other nations (and their people) within that union?

Bullshit. In fact, if disliking political union equates to hatred of the other nations within that union (your claim, not mine) then BritNats like yourself must be more intolerant that ScotNats, as the European Union withholds fewer powers from members than the British Union.

There you go again putting words in my mouth.

I have never said disliking political union equates to hatred of other nations. I've simply said that for ScotNats to justify their obsession with independence against all economic common sense they have chosen to vilify and demonise the English and the Welsh by trying to claim the moral high ground on everything from tuition fees to immigration/ asylum as a means to divide and conquer..... and even set policy to accentuate this narrative. It's a calculated ploy to drive a wedge between the English/Welsh and the Scots people for their own political ends.

This deliberate ploy from the ScotNats has absolutely no bearing whatsoever on how 'BritNats' think. In fact, I would suggest that 'BritNats' are more tolerant by virtue of being prepared to put up with the likes of yerself!

Really?  When did this aid stop?  Have we stopped providing grants?

Beginning of the current year so the "Living in the past" jibe may have been a little harsh, that said there's nothing wrong with a bit of Jethro Tull
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-india-34398449

Modi is saying that he'll be looking for concessions on UK immigration policy

This may require popcorn

10 hours ago, McSpreader said:

There you go again putting words in my mouth.

I have never said disliking political union equates to hatred of other nations. I've simply said that for ScotNats to justify their obsession with independence against all economic common sense they have chosen to vilify and demonise the English and the Welsh by trying to claim the moral high ground on everything from tuition fees to immigration/ asylum as a means to divide and conquer..... and even set policy to accentuate this narrative. It's a calculated ploy to drive a wedge between the English/Welsh and the Scots people for their own political ends.

This deliberate ploy from the ScotNats has absolutely no bearing whatsoever on how 'BritNats' think. In fact, I would suggest that 'BritNats' are more tolerant by virtue of being prepared to put up with the likes of yerself!

And if that's the case then the justification UK nationalists use to excuse their obsession with independence for the UK against all economic sense explains why they so often choose to vilify the Germans, Europeans and other immigrants. It's a means to divide and conquer, and even set policy to accentuate this narrative. It's always been a calculated ploy to drive a wedge between European nationals and British nationals for their own political ends.

But of course as a raging BritNat you know this and revel in it. UK nationalism has revealed itself to be an absolute stain on society, which has plumbed depths of racism, xenophobia and violence unparalleled in modern western politics. Let's face it, when it comes to the vilest parties, the most racist knuckle draggers, and the most troubling bigots in this country, they tend to be flying the Union Jack and descanting on the alleged evils not of the 1707 union, but of the European Union. In short, no one believes that your brand of BritNattery is better and more wholesome than Scottish Nationalism. People have eyes and ears.

Edited by Antlion

Labour: The government better meet our amendment demands of else...

Everybody else: Is there a chance you'll be voting against article 50 then?

Labour: Absolutely not. It's the will of the people.

Quite incredible.

1 hour ago, Poo said:

Labour: The government better meet our amendment demands of else...

Everybody else: Is there a chance you'll be voting against article 50 then?

Labour: Absolutely not. It's the will of the people.

Quite incredible.

i've said it a few times on here, i'll always support Labour, but they are as weak as water at the moment as an opposition. The Tories must be loving it.

Corbyn said the party would vote against triggering art. 50 yesterday and then changed his opinion only a few hours later.

Quite incredible as you say!

1 hour ago, zidane's child said:

i've said it a few times on here, i'll always support Labour, but they are as weak as water at the moment as an opposition. The Tories must be loving it.

Corbyn said the party would vote against triggering art. 50 yesterday and then changed his opinion only a few hours later.

Quite incredible as you say!

Did he change his opinion though? Or are Labour MPs simply going against him.... for the sake of going against him?