Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

4 hours ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

I think you forgot to mention the £65 billion of investments that have been abandoned since Brexit.

http://news.sky.com/story/business-investments-worth-163655bn-abandoned-after-brexit-vote-10657282

It's survey of 1000 executives with broad estimates, not hard facts.

This is the key part - "Robert Gordon, CEO of Hitachi Capital, has called on British companies to seize the opportunities Brexit could afford them rather than exercising undue caution."

Hardly an indictment of Brexit!

2 hours ago, mjw said:

Can we not just get this done quickly?
Even if its just to stop that bumblecunt Coburn bumbling around kidding on he does anything to represent this country.

No, we can't. Unless you're quite happy for the most incompetent and far right government in living ,memory to just re-write what being a British citizens entitles you to and what 'our place' in the world is.

This is not like ripping off a sticking plaster. That it is becoming apparent, even to the hard of thinking/willfully ignorant/genuinely hopeful that the process of "leaving the EU" is the most monumentally stupid, complicated and self-defeating notion since Michael Hutchence tried a bit of solso tiesy-upsy is absolutely no reason to "just get on with it".

As much as doing almost anything to silence Coburn and Farage is tempting.

This is the key part - "Robert Gordon, CEO of Hitachi Capital, has called on British companies to seize the opportunities Brexit could afford them rather than exercising undue caution."

Lol CEO of a bank telling companies to borrow money to invest = brexit good

I don't think you can do anything but exercise caution - until we have a clearer idea what Brexit looks there will be many businesses that will either abandon or delay key investments

4 hours ago, mjw said:

Can we not just get this done quickly?
Even if its just to stop that bumblecunt Coburn bumbling around kidding on he does anything to represent this country.

Use of "bumblecunt" deserves recognition. Well played sir - we need more of this. 

Hitachi Capital are not a bank but other than that well observed.

Yes they are. What do you think they are? Why do you think they lend money to businesses? Is it because they are a charity that would like to see greater infrastructure investment? Or is it because they make a profit by lending money to businesses at a higher rate of interest than which they raise deposits?

Looks like a bank, trades like a bank, smells like a bank, is a bank.

Or is your 'observation' materially different?

3 minutes ago, Stevieda said:

Yes they are. What do you think they are? Why do you think they lend money to businesses? Is it because they are a charity that would like to see greater infrastructure investment? Or is it because they make a profit by lending money to businesses at a higher rate of interest than which they raise deposits?

Looks like a bank, trades like a bank, smells like a bank, is a bank.

Or is your 'observation' materially different?

Sorry to be pedantic, but...

We are a wholly owned subsidiary of Hitachi Capital Corporation, one of Japan’s largest non-bank financial institutions.

https://www.hitachicapital.co.uk/about-us/

No, we can't. Unless you're quite happy for the most incompetent and far right government in living ,memory to just re-write what being a British citizens entitles you to and what 'our place' in the world is.

This is not like ripping off a sticking plaster. That it is becoming apparent, even to the hard of thinking/willfully ignorant/genuinely hopeful that the process of "leaving the EU" is the most monumentally stupid, complicated and self-defeating notion since Michael Hutchence tried a bit of solso tiesy-upsy is absolutely no reason to "just get on with it".

As much as doing almost anything to silence Coburn and Farage is tempting.

I wasn't being serious you know[emoji1]
Just seeing his latest twitter campaign to get himself on QT tipped me over today.
Its a stain on this country for ever that he got to represent us on any level.

On 16/11/2016 at 19:20, Bishop Briggs said:

The Treasury and the Remainers were predicting doom immediately after a Leave vote. Your last sentence is naturally right as the negotiated EU deal will be the key. The Government is right to keep its proverbial cards close to its chest. The benefits of escaping the EEA's 12,000 tariffs and its cumbersome laws and regulations could be huge.

I've checked the 12,000 figure and it's from the Daily Express which is pretty solid proof that it's bollocks spun out for the Economically illiterate

12 hours ago, sparky88 said:

I'm more convinced than ever that brexit simply won't happen. Once the govt lose their appeal that march date for triggering article 50 will be a distant memory.

Agree and disagree with you on this. I still think we will leave the EU in some capacity but I think it will be on the EU's terms rather than ours.

With that said, I think the economic consequences will be dire if we were to go down the "hard Brexit" route.

Edited by zidane's child

12 hours ago, sparky88 said:

I'm more convinced than ever that brexit simply won't happen. Once the govt lose their appeal that march date for triggering article 50 will be a distant memory.

I can't agree Sparky as that could lead to blood and snotters all over the place. 

2 hours ago, zidane's child said:

Agree and disagree with you on this. I still think we will leave the EU in some capacity but I think it will be on the EU's terms rather than ours.

With that said, I think the economic consequences will be dire if we were to go down the "hard Brexit" route.

The prospect of hard brexit will ensure brexit doesn't happen. It wouldn't surprise me if May knows this fine well and is using it to ensure it doesn't come to pass.