Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

From an NI perspective it's a very good deal economically (in the short term, maybe in the longer term, too) Business organisations and the Ulster Farmers Union have been very supportive of this deal. Also it gives the fishing industry here - such as it is - encouragement.
However, in the long term it's a bad deal constituitonally - it separates us from GB and can only lead to greater separation in the years to come, and having to adhere to EU rules and regulations with no input, although I'm not sure how much influence our MEPs wielded in Brussels/Strasbourg.
On the other hand NI voted "Remain". On the third hand it was a UK wide vote. What to do?
A great deal for NI means it's a terrible deal for Scotland. We'll suddenly be competing with a neighbour that's inside the single market.

1 minute ago, AUFC90 said:
26 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:
From an NI perspective it's a very good deal economically (in the short term, maybe in the longer term, too) Business organisations and the Ulster Farmers Union have been very supportive of this deal. Also it gives the fishing industry here - such as it is - encouragement.
However, in the long term it's a bad deal constituitonally - it separates us from GB and can only lead to greater separation in the years to come, and having to adhere to EU rules and regulations with no input, although I'm not sure how much influence our MEPs wielded in Brussels/Strasbourg.
On the other hand NI voted "Remain". On the third hand it was a UK wide vote. What to do?

A great deal for NI means it's a terrible deal for Scotland. We'll suddenly be competing with a neighbour that's inside the single market.

Divide and conquer...

5 minutes ago, AUFC90 said:
30 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

Competing for what?

33 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

It maybe benefits NI more than other constituent parts but it’s still a shit deal.  

3 minutes ago, ICTJohnboy said:

The best deal of all would surely be to remain - even if it was to mean months of rioting in the streets and a country (England) divided forever.

England, and the Westminster govt. created this sorry mess.

I agree Remain would be best. There would be no rioting, just a lot of moaning.

2 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

It maybe benefits NI more than other constituent parts but it’s still a shit deal.  

As far as I'm concerned it's better than "No deal". I don't see any other "deal" on the table.

I'd nearly be inclined to accept it, if it were in my hands, and take my chances on the constitutional position down the line.

Just now, AUFC90 said:
2 minutes ago, Detournement said:
Competing for what?

Jobs, investment, you know, just the usual stuff, HB.

Cutting back on a reliance on external investment/exploitation might not be a bad thing.

It seems like the majority of our economy is things we can't be out competed on. Fossil fuels, renewables, food and drink, tourism, agriculture and quasi-nationalised manufacturing. American creative industries have no issues accessing the EU market so Scotland shouldn't either.

It's not the 80s anymore with Japanese and American companies looking to build factories here.

16 minutes ago, AUFC90 said:
41 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

13 minutes ago, John Lambies Doos said:
16 minutes ago, AUFC90 said:

This

4 minutes ago, John Lambies Doos said:

Norn Iron are being offered a deal which gives them unfettered access to the GB and EU single market and the DUP will vote against it. What a bunch of bigoted rule Britannia, King Billy is da man bigots!!

So you want the DUP to vote for a deal that on your own admission would seriously disadvantage Scotland? Or it would be all right for the DUP to vote against if it were for what you consider the "right" reasons?

So you want the DUP to vote for a deal that on your own admission would seriously disadvantage Scotland? Or it would be all right for the DUP to vote against if it were for what you consider the "right" reasons?
I think he's just highlighting how moronic the DUP are. He's right.

Of course not, but the DUP represents NI, not Scotland. That's simple stuff tbh

7 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

As far as I'm concerned it's better than "No deal". I don't see any other "deal" on the table.

I'd nearly be inclined to accept it, if it were in my hands, and take my chances on the constitutional position down the line.

“It’s better than no deal”.

I’m sorry but anyone accepting that there’s a binary choice is swallowing the bullshit hook, line and sinker.

7 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

I take it you are against a United Ireland?  Or a soft u Unionist?

Tell me to feck off or mind my own business, but curious as to why it doesn't appeal? Especially as most likely if it's Fine Gael, SDLP, there would be a lot of changes to a new Irish state eg new flag, anthem, devolved Stormfront, NI team kept etc. 

1 minute ago, Granny Danger said:

“It’s better than no deal”.

I’m sorry but anyone accepting that there’s a binary choice is swallowing the bullshit hook, line and sinker.

O.K., give us a solution then. We're leaving in March, the EU have said "Take it or leave it", We leave with this deal or no deal. There isn't time to get another deal, there isn't time to organise another "People's Vote", (and hope for the "right" result this time), a general election (probably) won't change anything.

1 minute ago, Jacksgranda said:

O.K., give us a solution then. We're leaving in March, the EU have said "Take it or leave it", We leave with this deal or no deal. There isn't time to get another deal, there isn't time to organise another "People's Vote", (and hope for the "right" result this time), a general election (probably) won't change anything.

You really are gullible.