Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

17 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

So what was the decision of the people on Brexit; WTO rules, May’s proposal, Norway+, something else?

The first three options alone are significantly different from each other.

Anyone who claims that Leave meant any one specific thing and that they are respecting that result is talking nonsense.

Exactly.  That's why they keep saying "Leave means Leave" because it is the one thing they agree on.

"They means They"

"Are means Are"

"Idiots means Idiots" 

18 minutes ago, Billy Rubin said:

If a 2nd vote return at remain vote, can you guarentee there won't be a EU Fiscal union or a pan European army?  

Yes I can guarantee both these things 100%.  I’ll even put it on the side of a bus.

1 minute ago, Granny Danger said:

Yes I can guarantee both these things 100%.  I’ll even put it on the side of a bus.

....and of course you'd be lying hence your use of the bus remark.    

If we have a "peoples vote" and we won't it has to include only leave options.   

Can I ask how you'd feel if we win Indyref2 and the Ruth Davidson and her ilk use the uncertainty card to call for a people's vote on the outcome of a successful indyvote?     I remember reading that "Independence is a blank card and we can then create the country we want"  type style claptrap used regularly.     

12 minutes ago, Billy Rubin said:

....and of course you'd be lying hence your use of the bus remark.    

If we have a "peoples vote" and we won't it has to include only leave options.   

Can I ask how you'd feel if we win Indyref2 and the Ruth Davidson and her ilk use the uncertainty card to call for a people's vote on the outcome of a successful indyvote?     I remember reading that "Independence is a blank card and we can then create the country we want"  type style claptrap used regularly.     

Since you think I’m a liar I don’t see the point in answering any more of your questions.

Just now, O'Kelly Isley III said:
38 minutes ago, Billy Rubin said:
If a 2nd vote return at remain vote, can you guarentee there won't be a EU Fiscal union or a pan European army?  

I'm a bit surprised anyone is still exhuming these corpses TBH.

The reforms continue the salami slicing towards a fiscal union.   Macron and the bankers will be back for more.   

11 minutes ago, Billy Rubin said:

The reforms continue the salami slicing towards a fiscal union.   Macron and the bankers will be back for more.   

Bankers make more from different arrangements and Macron's on a shoogly peg.

Edited by welshbairn

45 minutes ago, Billy Rubin said:

In fairness the veto applies to both the financial framework and foreign and security policies (not to mention the UKs additional rights to remain outside the Euro).  So in short if the UK doesn't want fisscal union or a pan european army, it doesn't have to have one.

Yours

aDONis

23 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Bankers make more from different arrangements and Macron's on a shoogly hook.

I was hoping Granny would be able to substantiate why moving forward there '100% wouldn't be a Fiscal union or a pan-European army'.     Truth is the future is unknown.   

Macron's indeed under pressure but he'll probably be in power longer than Merkel and we've absolutely no idea no certainty as to what'll happen in the next 5-10 years.    Banks are still creating money, will another crash strengthen the case of increased EU wide controls?    Would a pan European army be fiscally sound to nations like a newly Indy Scotland looking to reduce it's perceived deficit.   

If you can show me a Granny report card from the last 10 years showing perfect political predictions then I'll eat my hat (  got 6 hats btw ).   

My own feeling is the UK probably wont  allow any 'legally binding'  referenda in the next 20 years.     Although as a life-longer supporter of Scottish Independence, I hope I'm wrong.  

Edited by Billy Rubin

19 minutes ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:
27 minutes ago, Billy Rubin said:

And the spectre of this alarms you more than the here-and-now impending cluster f**k of ANY form of Brexit ?

I voted remain.   I've no idea what you're on about.   

8 minutes ago, Billy Rubin said:

I was hoping Granny would be able to substantiate why moving forward there '100% wouldn't be a Fiscal union or a pan-European army'.     Truth is the future is unknown.   

Macron's indeed under pressure but he'll probably be in power longer than Merkel and we've absolutely no idea no certainty as to what'll happen in the next 5-10 years.    Banks are still creating money, will another crash strengthen the case of increased EU wide controls?    Would a pan European army be fiscally sound to nations like a newly Indy Scotland looking to reduce it's perceived deficit.   

If you can show me a Granny report card from the last 10 years showing perfect political predictions then I'll eat my hat (  got 6 hats btw ).   

My own feeling is the UK probably allow any 'legally binding'  referenda in the next 20 years.     Although as a life-longer supporter of Scottish Independence, I hope I'm wrong.  

Stick to fighting cyclists mate, that's just waffle. The UK should be standing up and together with normal people in Europe against the rise of the far right instead of hiding in the Atlantic in some pursuit of old days of Empire.

Edited by welshbairn

25 minutes ago, Colkitto said:

New YouGov poll just released is grim viewing for Corbyn who just cannot make any kind of breakthrough against a totally dysfunctional Tory Government

SNP should gain 14 seats though :thumsup2

Dv5vUyQXgAE0j_C.jpg  

Yeah that’s not good, but a further 6 seats going from Tory to Labour with those SNP gains would be good.  It would also marginalise the DUP dinosaurs.

4 hours ago, I'm Brian said:

The Pan European Army.

Is that the book that J.M Barrie never finished?

Wendy start it?

Anyway, May still claiming that she can get a defined date for the backstop to end if it comes into force.  If she could it would certainly win over many dissenters.

The only problem is that she’s a lying c**t.  If the backstop has a defined end date it is completely ineffective and the EU have repeatedly said that it won’t happen.